Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8171 8172 [8173] 8174 8175 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14510517 times)

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #122580 on: May 29, 2017, 05:18:18 pm »

Your argument is the second grade soccer trophy was meaningless because you didn't work for it, or win a game, and were "one of the worse players." The mug is $10 and you also don't have to do anything for it, other than perhaps have a kid. Neither require "earning" and both can be meaningless under that standard. Practically anybody can get either meaningless trophy by either being in 2nd grade or uh ... making a kid....

He has a meaningless trophy, is commenting about meaningless trophies and is totally unaware of this. It's literally right under his nose.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122581 on: May 29, 2017, 05:22:42 pm »

Was a gift, though. Not actual trophy awarded in contest.
Hell, assuming he was given mug by own child he presumably only competitor, unless teh gays. *shrug*   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122582 on: May 29, 2017, 05:50:56 pm »

Maybe giving trophies to everyone is supposed to be a sign that effort has value in it of itself... and not that "unless your the best, your work has absolutely no value"?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #122583 on: May 29, 2017, 06:08:40 pm »

Handled much better at my school. At the end, everyone got ice cream. The winners actually, you know, won and received a trophy to signify that.

I'm sure that the trophies were given as a sign that effort is in itself valuable. That, however, runs counter to the purpose of winning. Besides, if everyone wins, no one wins.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #122584 on: May 29, 2017, 06:43:49 pm »

I think it's less obnoxiously loud and more boisterous and lively, though, for those countries. Though I don't believe I've heard the "loud German" one.

I'm not sure if Northern Ireland is much of a target for German tourists, but they flock to Sweden every summer. They do not leave a good impression.
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122585 on: May 29, 2017, 06:47:27 pm »

People do tend to be their worst when on holiday, though.

As for Germans in Northern Ireland, nope. Not since the proposed union of the Nazis and the IRA, anyway :P
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122586 on: May 29, 2017, 06:51:03 pm »

I think it's less obnoxiously loud and more boisterous and lively, though, for those countries. Though I don't believe I've heard the "loud German" one.

I'm not sure if Northern Ireland is much of a target for German tourists, but they flock to Sweden every summer. They do not leave a good impression.

Tourists in general do that. Go to Edinburgh in August, you'll see.

You'll see.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #122587 on: May 29, 2017, 11:35:08 pm »

Weird dream last night. I saw Hannibal Lecter (as portrayed by Anthony Hopkins) near the beginning, walking away from a school bus into the woods. I pointed him out to the nearby police officer. Never saw him after this.

I walked a few steps down the dirt road to the nearby railroad crossing, and was in the front of a line of people instead of cars. A metro train arrived at the crossing, and the crossing barrier on the other side lifted, but not mine, due to malfunction. I tore down the barrier. Some lady shouted something about microaggressions to me. I told her I'd show her microaggression, and smacked her with the barrier.

I got on the train and was seated in front of a crazy homeless person. He threw a candy wrapper at me, so I punched him repeatedly in the face, in order to dissuade him from spitting on me.

Then, I was near the front of the train with the President. (Not Trump. Maybe Obama or some generic movie President.) We were discussing something about Russian nuclear capability. One of the President's aids told me the President didn't owe me any explanation and we disembarked in front of an old house of mine. I fell into some wet red lilies, which had bees hiding under the leaves. They started stinging me so I tried to roll away and fell off my bed, hitting my throat on the corner of my nightstand, causing it to bleed.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #122588 on: May 30, 2017, 12:01:13 am »

A man complained about "kids" all getting trophies while drinking out of his "World's Greatest Dad" mug....
Are you sure he's not literally the best dad in the entire world who won that mug from a dadding contest?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122589 on: May 30, 2017, 12:07:44 am »

So Anime North came to Canada... and during it the Conservative Party of Canada threw a convention at the exact same time in the exact same building.

In probably the most poetic of stereotypes they were completely confused, called the police multiple times for cardboard weapons, tried to force the police to do weapon checks, and even attempted to get the people arrested for no reason to which the police were just confused. (Which since this is Canada and not the USA there were no arrests)

And the people at Anime North when confronted by the Conservatives in restaurants were asked what an anime is and asked if the convention was just a big party.

>_<

So yeah... If you wanted to prove that the conservative party was just a bunch of old fogeys who are completely disconnected from the people... This isn't the best outing for them.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 12:10:32 am by Neonivek »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122590 on: May 30, 2017, 03:26:25 am »

Ugh, Facebook is disgusting. Someone posted a video of someone doing something in the cubicle next to them in the bathroom, with the shadow on the floor telling you exactly what was happening.

:/

Vulllllllgarity.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122591 on: May 30, 2017, 03:33:10 am »

Ugh, Facebook is disgusting. Someone posted a video of someone doing something in the cubicle next to them in the bathroom, with the shadow on the floor telling you exactly what was happening.

:/

Vulllllllgarity.
Facebook... a wretched hive of scum and villainy.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #122592 on: May 30, 2017, 03:46:34 am »

And I just discovered that Taldeer/Eliphas pairing is a thing. Even the most badass characters (I'm talking 'bout Eliphas) can be put in the crappy shipping AMV/Fan "art" *vomits into bucket*.

Yeah, I'm straight and I loathe ANY kind of shipping. And pairings are just cherries on the shit sundaes called "fandoms". Oh, someone's gonna throw rotten tomatoes on me, it's good I've got this thingy.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122593 on: May 30, 2017, 04:17:29 am »

And I just discovered that Taldeer/Eliphas pairing is a thing. Even the most badass characters (I'm talking 'bout Eliphas) can be put in the crappy shipping AMV/Fan "art" *vomits into bucket*.

Yeah, I'm straight and I loathe ANY kind of shipping. And pairings are just cherries on the shit sundaes called "fandoms". Oh, someone's gonna throw rotten tomatoes on me, it's good I've got this thingy.
You seem to be overestimating the degree to which people here care whether you like or dislike the idea of fandoms in general. If you said this on Youtube, then yeah, somebody would be in your grill in like three minutes, but we are a much more refined bunch of geese gentlepersons

*tooting of my own horn intensifies*
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122594 on: May 30, 2017, 04:21:59 am »

I must now issue you with a lettre de cachet. Thou art disgraced, horn-tooter. Return to your estates in the north, and trouble us no longer.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:30:14 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8171 8172 [8173] 8174 8175 ... 11037