Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8088 8089 [8090] 8091 8092 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14437132 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #121335 on: April 26, 2017, 01:53:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I use these.  They fit much better, though can hurt if used too long or loudly.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #121336 on: April 26, 2017, 02:03:32 pm »

Yesterday I worked from 4pm to 9pm, five hours minus a fifteen minute break.

Today, I work from 2:30pm to 9pm. With the additional breaks I get for having a superficially longer shift (two fifteen minute breaks, one one-hour meal period) that adds up to... five hours of actual work. What is even the point? I'm not complaining, but it just doesn't make sense to my brain that they'd have me take more time to do the same amount of work.

Also Google rolled out the new login screen they've been threatening for a bit now. WHY DOES EVERYTHING NEED TO BE ANIMATED. NOT EVERY WEBSITE NEEDS A MILLION SPINNING, SCALING DOODADS ON IT. Ughufugh.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 02:09:51 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121337 on: April 26, 2017, 02:07:16 pm »

why are you getting 90 minutes of break for 6.5 hours of shift?  Thats hardcore inefficiency.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #121338 on: April 26, 2017, 02:07:56 pm »

I think it's because comfortability moved into the domain of wireless headphones while portability, discretion, and cheapness moved to earbuds. Standardisation of design means less resource used.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121339 on: April 26, 2017, 02:21:12 pm »

I use gigantic headphones. Being unable to hear the outside world is relaxing for me.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #121340 on: April 26, 2017, 02:30:05 pm »

I wear gigantic nice headphones out because I'm too lazy to pick another brand of earbud since my favorites aren't on the shelves anymore.

The sound quality is nice, but it's annoying to find a place for them when I'm not listening. They're humongous even when folded up, and having them around my neck gets annoying too. I'd gladly trade sound quality for the ability to stick them in my pocket.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121341 on: April 26, 2017, 02:34:32 pm »

I like the soft bud style earphones.  The hard plastic ones just fall out of my ears, I think I was born without the earbud-compatible ear evolution perk.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121342 on: April 26, 2017, 02:40:34 pm »

I think I was born without the earbud-compatible earvolution perk.
FIFY

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121343 on: April 26, 2017, 02:41:54 pm »

I have zero trouble with hard-ended earphones and a lot with soft ones, in turn. Or had, since as said, nowhere sells hard-ended ones anymore. The Apple ones are all kinds of shitty. I think your evolutionary path has emerged supreme.

I am currently using soft ones and these ones are... fine. Would love to get fancy big headphones, but where the hell would I put them when I stop listening? Plus, feeling self-conscious with them in public.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #121344 on: April 26, 2017, 02:45:23 pm »

I don't like ones with soft rubber inner-ear bits because those fall off and I lose them and it's very frustrating. I much prefer ones that are made of one solid piece, regardless of material or shape.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #121345 on: April 26, 2017, 03:36:51 pm »

I'm not a big fan of the in-ear earbuds for out-and-about listening, but I do find the quality better than flat buds. Quite a bit more bass. They're also better isolating. They do fall out all the time, though, fully agree.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #121346 on: April 26, 2017, 03:56:28 pm »

I was playing Space Station 12, which uses the BYOND engine.

I had BYOND marked as a game on my Discord.

A friend on Discord asked me if I was okay, noting that another friend who had played that game had been very depressed at the time.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121347 on: April 26, 2017, 03:58:16 pm »

Yesterday I worked from 4pm to 9pm, five hours minus a fifteen minute break.

Today, I work from 2:30pm to 9pm. With the additional breaks I get for having a superficially longer shift (two fifteen minute breaks, one one-hour meal period) that adds up to... five hours of actual work. What is even the point? I'm not complaining, but it just doesn't make sense to my brain that they'd have me take more time to do the same amount of work.

Is this a food service or entry level job? I apologize if you are a professional, but the way you described the shifts makes me think it's an entry level thing.

If it is, That's frackin amazing! My first job didn't give any breaks unless you worked over 6 hours. Even then, it was a 20min break, and they set a timer on you. They went hard after efficiency there. They would either let you off right at six hours so they didn't have to pay you for a break, or keep you for a 10+ hour shift since they already had to give you a break anyways.

They are screwing up in your favor here, so id say just roll with it.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121348 on: April 26, 2017, 04:06:30 pm »

you know, if I didnt know any better, Id say inl is actually a roadie for metallica.
PKs DF Mod!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #121349 on: April 26, 2017, 04:07:34 pm »

I have 70 pages of PMs. At least 50 of which are to myself.

This was an interesting realization to say the least.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 8088 8089 [8090] 8091 8092 ... 11040