Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8083 8084 [8085] 8086 8087 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442209 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #121260 on: April 24, 2017, 11:30:42 am »

You ever play Dark Souls?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121261 on: April 24, 2017, 11:40:08 am »

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121262 on: April 24, 2017, 12:00:00 pm »

Dark Souls: Aww you died on what is almost certainly the hardest boss in the entire series don't worry you can make another attempt.  Right after you respawn back at the bonfire and have to kill that ridiculous 2 ultra greatswords at once ring knight that makes cloud look like a pansy by only using one sword twice his size again on your way back to the boss room, and then take the elevator with the secret path to the boss that you will inevitably forget which side of the elevator to jump off of while riding it just so you can be cooked, lazered and eaten by a corrupted by evil dragon that punishes you for fighting him the way you learned how to fight every other dragon in the series with a tailslap for hiding under his ass that hits harder than his firebreath does and his only lockon point being his head which is far too spazzy to reliably hit with ranged attacks, the 12th time in the last 2 hours.
(run on sentence intentional)
Oh did you die to the ring knight?  Oh that's a shame that means you failed to collect your corpse, so that means all your xp and currency got tired of waiting for you and decided to cease to exist.

(God I hate midir so much)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:06:38 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121263 on: April 24, 2017, 12:01:07 pm »

Dork Souls is ez, git gud.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #121264 on: April 24, 2017, 12:05:05 pm »

Dark Souls is a fine example of the segmentation thing.
The action with a side of adventure of dark souls is a good example of when respawn works well.  Because it keeps the player in that mobile and fluid gamestate instead of mussing with load and save screens.  Most 3p games work best with that action element preserved.

The effects this feature has on the lore (basically the whole lore is created around this idea that you are undead and respawn until you stop playing -i.e. when your soul goes 'feral- ) is interesting, no lie, but regrettable that it is so common a theme nowadays.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #121265 on: April 24, 2017, 12:06:37 pm »

Dark Souls: Aww you died on what is almost certainly the hardest boss in the entire series don't worry you can make another attempt.  Right after you respawn back at the bonfire and have to kill that ridiculous 2 ultra greatswords at once ring knight that makes cloud look like a pansy by only using one sword twice his size again on your way back to the boss room, and then take the elevator with the secret path to the boss that you will inevitably forget which side of the elevator to jump off of while riding it just so you can be cooked, lazered and eaten by a corrupted by evil dragon the 12th time in the last 2 hours.

Oh did you die to the ring knight?  Oh that's a shame that means you failed to collect your corpse, so that means all your xp and currency got tired of waiting for you and decided to cease to exist.

(God I hate midir so much)

Errr... You don't have to go by Twin Greatsword mofo each time you want to fight Midir.

Also, Midir, the trick is to (counter intuitively) stay right by his head. Attacking his butt feels safer, but you can't see any of his tells from there.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121266 on: April 24, 2017, 12:15:10 pm »

Errr... You don't have to go by Twin Greatsword mofo each time you want to fight Midir.

Also, Midir, the trick is to (counter intuitively) stay right by his head. Attacking his butt feels safer, but you can't see any of his tells from there.
Oh my god you are right, I can't believe I missed that shortcut door.  Ok scratch the bit about fighting the ring knight every time and replace it with fighting the 'oops I got too impatient and pushed the climb ladder button too late and died to the MGS3 ladder miniboss again on my way to Midir'.  Still gotta deal with the elevator though, but now yer coming from the opposite direction so yer all messed up about which side it's on again.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121267 on: April 24, 2017, 02:38:13 pm »

Hmm, tell me, how do you people usually fight dragons?

That depends entirely on the dragon.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121268 on: April 24, 2017, 02:46:02 pm »

Very Carefully.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121269 on: April 24, 2017, 02:47:37 pm »

That depends entirely on the dragon.
Not to mention the weaponry available. I imagine that some sort of anti-material cannon would deal with some dragons quite easily.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121270 on: April 24, 2017, 02:48:37 pm »

Lightning Spear. Dragons are weak to the power of sunlight.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #121271 on: April 24, 2017, 02:55:36 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121272 on: April 24, 2017, 03:00:07 pm »

Fuck thy dragon.

That is option for defeating the dragon, though typically it only works on the smaller, sexier, or shapeshifting vari-

Oh. That link was not what I expected. Carry on.
---

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121273 on: April 24, 2017, 03:28:26 pm »

Are you sure you wish to fuck this dragon y/n

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher