Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8068 8069 [8070] 8071 8072 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14553673 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #121035 on: April 19, 2017, 04:29:08 am »

It's not a single one, there's a part where he points out that the one called Cody is frequently the victim of these 'pranks' and the kid is visibly upset in many of them and it's pretty clear he doesn't want to be a part of these. Plus the one where he's kinda shoved head first into a shelf, that one's pretty clearly physical abuse, and it's fucking filmed and monetized at that.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121036 on: April 19, 2017, 04:32:42 am »

Most pranks are awful, not funny and I hate them.

In local news, Shia Labeouf's new art dealio is at Kiasma, the Finnish museum of modern art, and there have been attacks and disturbances like with the #HeWillNotDivideUs things (it's a different piece). Apparently, mostly young teens with stuff like MAGA hats with the stated motivation of 'doing it for the memes'. I guess this sort of thing knows no boundaries.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121037 on: April 19, 2017, 04:37:49 am »

They took their prank too far. [...]
...Y'know just at the first interval of watching it, I may be biased because of my studies and experiences shared with instructor and otherwise, but I feel like 'prank' is a cover up.
Really, really feel like that, especially given how you can notice the effect on the children? It seems 'normalized'.
...It is evident in their communication structure. "At least[...]", alongside several other red flags and indicators?

Yeah no. Even swearing like bloody hell isn't a prank; tone, intonation, and otherwise, really don't bring me seeing that as a prank at all.
That and I got linked to that while casually browsing imgur x.x by a link in the comments.

Not right. Especially not right when "it's just a prank!"
...Just got flashbacks to my childhood :v Somewhat emotionally abusive jokes -> "It's just a joke! Why are you crying?"
And then I get joked because I'm crying. V:

That ain't a prank by a whole phase of matter and meaning. Unless SOMEHOW some kind of culture made that basis.
[...]Plus the one where he's kinda shoved head first into a shelf, that one's pretty clearly physical abuse, and it's fucking filmed and monetized at that.
._.
I stopped watching right at the start, but then this...and then I watched that and I'm glad my studies pointed me to recognize quickly that it ain't a prank.

To those knowledgeable in mental health, you can obviously see the effects straight out.

But it was noted that CPS came and took care of it?
Thanks for linking the video, unmonetized, Jopax :O [compared to checking the direct videos mentioned...which are still monetized]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 04:48:02 am by Tiruin »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121038 on: April 19, 2017, 04:48:26 am »

The purpose of an actual prank, is to get an INITIAL reaction, without causing lasting harm.

That last part is essential. If you cause lasting harm, you have not performed a prank, you have injured someone.

If you are going to tease a kid like this, you must stop the act the exact moment the kid bugs out, then go into full reassurance mode. Taking it ANY further is not what a prank is about. It is something that SHOULD NOT be done regularly. Even doing it ONCE can have lasting behavioral consequences, because it teaches the child a bad habit (that pulling pranks is OK, because mommy and daddy do it.)

Pranks need to be situationally and contextually appropriate for their audience and target.  Tormenting a rape victim by shocking them with a potential rape scene, for instance, IS NOT COOL. Eating a baby ruth, while pretending it is a turd, to mortify somebody? Possible prank material-- etc-- But again, NEEDS EXPLANATION IMMEDIATELY after getting the rise, with reassurance that the target is deeply loved, and respected.

What those parents are doing is NOT playing pranks. It is psychological and physical torment of their children for puerile amusement.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #121039 on: April 19, 2017, 09:29:40 am »

O boy, it took me approximately an instant after hearing the yelling to realize that that is NOT pranking. I'm all for playful teasing, i even poke fun at my own parents from time to time, but i always make sure it's obvious that i'm not being serious about it. I couldn't even stand watching past the first few seconds of screaming. I'm no parent, and frankly i don't enjoy being around children at all, but jeez, they're vulnerable little things, don't fucking scream at them for your own sick amusement. What do they even think a prank is? Shooting someone in the kneecap and saying "IT'S A PRANK BRO" doesn't automatically make it okay, it still causes lasting injury and an awful lot of pain. I seriously hope the kids won't be permanently damaged by this, emotional scarring is NOT nice.

On a very different note, last night my visual centers were in complete fucking overdrive, so much so that i genuinely felt like i saw things while my eyes were closed. At one point, i couldn't sleep because the light i perceived was too bright. Here's the kicker: My room at night is pretty much COMPLETELY dark. Were i superstitiously inclined, i'd call this a vision, but as it stands, i know that nerves aren't one-way roads. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121040 on: April 19, 2017, 09:31:27 am »

Might be migraine, no?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121041 on: April 19, 2017, 10:56:17 am »

So remember when I've linked a video with a robot dual-wielding and firing pistols? Well it's got a bit of continuation:

"We are not creating a Terminator": Russia denies risk as Putin's 'robot army' is trained to shoot guns

The officially released plan is to send this robot to space, more precisely to ISS, with the aim of replacing human cosmonauts. The question of why would a space-faring robot need to learn how to shoot remains open.
._.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #121042 on: April 19, 2017, 11:01:18 am »

Quote from: From Above Linked Article
University of Cambridge Astronomer Royal and Emeritus Professor of Cosmology and Astrophysics, Lord Martin Rees, warned just this month that machines could soon take over from humans.

And that is a classic example of someone with a very long and impressive title commenting on something that is entirely beyond the scope of his expertise.

I am a computer scientist, my specialization is AI, and I'm telling you we're still decades+ out from any sort of system that could even conceivably 'take over from humans'.

...Bloody astronomers. How'd you like it if I started warning people that a solar flare could soon wipe out all life on earth?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121043 on: April 19, 2017, 11:05:17 am »

Why would you use robots instead of making the whole space station automated? Less moving parts and all that.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121044 on: April 19, 2017, 11:08:39 am »

The officially released plan is to send this robot to space, more precisely to ISS, with the aim of replacing human cosmonauts. The question of why would a space-faring robot need to learn how to shoot remains open.

the aliens, of course
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121045 on: April 19, 2017, 11:12:08 am »

the aliens, of course
The Smiling Ones, to be precise.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121046 on: April 19, 2017, 11:31:52 am »

Just had a weird dream where liberal (yes I specifically remember them being liberals no idea why) nanomachines had gotten on my bed and were trying to get into my nose and mouth to take over my brain.  I had actually woken up, turned the light on and checked my bed at one point, because I vividly recall tasting rust during that dream.

Politics are now attacking me in my dreams.
My dog was in my bed as well at the time.  I assume she has been fully taken over.
EDIT Yes I did make a quick edit when I realized that my dog is now under mind control.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 12:33:52 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121047 on: April 19, 2017, 11:33:18 am »

Just had a weird dream where liberal (yes I specifically remember them being liberals no idea why) nanomachines had gotten on my bed and were trying to get into my nose and mouth to take over my brain.  I had actually woken up, turned the light on and checked my bed at one point, because I vividly recall tasting rust during that dream.

Politics are now attacking me in my dreams.

Ohh no you discovered our secret... you see in truth the liberals are planni

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121048 on: April 19, 2017, 11:46:31 am »

My dog was in my bed as well at the time.  I assume she has been fully taken over.
...are you being possessed by Alex Jones in your sleep?

oh god

That means he has successfully stolen the necessary tech from the lizardmen

IT HAS BEGUN
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121049 on: April 19, 2017, 12:32:51 pm »

Dog has been staying in bed all day curled up in the blankets not moving. 

On one hand, she usually sleeps til 3 or 4 pm so that's normal.  On the other hand she could just be plotting to take over the world, as the nanobots rewire her brain from the seeking of beggin strips and bothering the cat, to seeking of world domination and bothering the cat.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8068 8069 [8070] 8071 8072 ... 11039