Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8062 8063 [8064] 8065 8066 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14551102 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #120945 on: April 17, 2017, 06:13:38 pm »

I read those last two lines in Mordin's voice.

You have just made my day, wierd.

Different species react differently to stress.
Suggest caution, can supply oils and ointments, provide diagrams for positions enjoyable to both species, erogenous zone overviews.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120946 on: April 17, 2017, 06:15:11 pm »

I am the very model of a scientist salarian?

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #120947 on: April 17, 2017, 06:23:15 pm »

The ones on my farm are practically domesticated - you can get within three feet of them before they flee. Probably because none of the family would dream of hurting them, they're all over the place.

Dad even nursed one back to health after hitting it with the car.

We were rather light on rabbits, but we had a large clan of ravens that considered us good neighbours. Clever little things; far brighter than the cats (although one was an unusually thick cat), and devised all sorts of tricks to prove it.

Rabbits are perfectly adorable, however. Absolutely lovable. They do make good stew, however. Still, as long as they have had a good rabbity life, with a swift and painless end, there is no reason to complain.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #120948 on: April 17, 2017, 06:24:10 pm »

Speak of the devil. The family dog dug up a warren full of newborn kits on Easter, accidentally killed a couple picking them up, and left us to kill and bin the rest because momma never came back. Dumb thing dug right in the middle of a yard full of dog and cat scent, in a place where the neighborhood cats have made a game out of biting the heads off of baby rabbits and leaving them strewn all over like happy little surprises. Don't think she et any, but you never know-she looked awful pleased with herself. Probably thought they were just funny-looking moles, and lord knows she doesn't have any problem scarfing those down if you don't stop her.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #120949 on: April 17, 2017, 06:30:52 pm »

Dogs are not particularly fuzzy eaters, are they? A neighbour of mine's dog deposited half a dead piglet on my boots when I was over, once. Rather difficult to interpet that, really. A thoughtful gift? Lunch? 'Do some good and throw this out, would you', perhaps?

Cats, on the other hand. They would drag their kills inside (no rabbit kits, but they would no doubt have if there were any available), either to deposit as a gift (or more likely rent), or stash away for later. Only Lord knows what carnage they left behind out there, when it had been strictly for pleasure.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #120950 on: April 17, 2017, 07:11:23 pm »

Dogs are not particularly fuzzy eaters, are they?

They are rather furry eaters, though.

Not sure what separates "fuzz" from being "fur". Is it association with law enforcement?

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #120951 on: April 17, 2017, 07:23:29 pm »

'Fuzzy', in the sense of 'not causing a fuss' regarding their food. I me are gudt at spellink tonigt, as you no doubt have noticed. (Well, how much further it can fall from my regular ham-handedness.)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120952 on: April 17, 2017, 08:49:09 pm »

10-ish in the morning, I spotted a gardener snake in the basement. It wasn't moving so I thought it was perhaps dead. Mom pushed its body into a bucket and we brought it outside. Once she dumped the bucket, the little guy sprung back to life and gave my mom a bit of a shock. I guess since they're so harmless that it'd be natural for them to play possum around us big terrifying humans.
Max avatar size is 80x80

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #120953 on: April 17, 2017, 08:59:37 pm »

If it was chilly in the morning it may have also been too cold to move.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #120954 on: April 17, 2017, 10:13:08 pm »

Yep. Could have gotten trapped in the basement and lost too much heat to get out however it came in. Your mum might've saved the snek.

3. Run Resize Enable

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120955 on: April 18, 2017, 05:06:55 am »

I witnessed, from my balcony, a single squirrel climb up the tree, find its way to a bird nest and drag away a struggling baby bird. It did this three times, at which point it ran out of birds. I didn't even know squirrels eat meat.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #120956 on: April 18, 2017, 05:11:42 am »

Scary little bastards, animals. Certainly didn't know squirrels could do that, though I guess lots of vermin are omnivorous.

Semi-relatedly, I remember seeing a chicken catch a shrew the other day. It just pecked hard at the ground once, and then there was this tiny squirming thing in its mouth, which it slapped against the ground, pecked at, ran around trying to keep it away from the other chickens and eventually swallowed whole. You really remember that these things are related to dinosaurs at times like that.

One wheel short of a wagon

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120957 on: April 18, 2017, 05:18:02 am »

Squirrels are responsible for like 80% of all nest plunder. The rest are ferret-liked and other birds.

You'd think that it would be cats, but you have to remember that hatchlings are not fun enough to hunt by themselves yet, so it's more enjoyable for the kittens to kill the parent birds and then listen as the young slowly starves to death.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120958 on: April 18, 2017, 06:07:53 am »

UGH!!! Faux-Progressivism really pisses me the heck off.

WHY THE FUDGE is it catching on?

My theory... is that Faux-Progressivism holds the trappings of being progressive and in small doses it seems relatively ok. It is only when people actually think through their implications or when it is brought to their natural conclusion that it starts to show its real shades...

Which means people would be required to think... Yet faux-progressivism doesn't require that, it just gives people an outline on what is right and what is wrong... no need to think about it.

I put this in the philosophy thread but it is valid here, this is what Faux Progressivism is.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:12:19 am by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #120959 on: April 18, 2017, 06:47:18 am »

ITT: Neo notices SJW ideology.

It's popular for the same reason that every strain of authoritarian, bigoted, self-aggrandizing nonsense has ever been popular. Some people aren't content unless they feel superior to those around them and aren't willing to stop at "I can hold my own beliefs freely" rather than "I can dictate the beliefs of others and replaces facts with my opinions". The behavior is old as dirt, we just haven't seen much of it from people on the left for a while, so we'd gotten used to the left being the haven for egalitarian & democratic thought. Same as every other time, people take the trappings of something which is theoretically decent and use them as a shield to deflect criticism despite being garden-variety oppressive shitheads.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 8062 8063 [8064] 8065 8066 ... 11038