Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8044 8045 [8046] 8047 8048 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14545714 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #120675 on: April 11, 2017, 09:49:00 am »

I often take breaks from here. Was gone for almost 6 months at one point.  I am feeling it is about time I took another, but not quite yet. I dont know how to put it-- things lose their specialness when you experience them too much.

Take a break though, and when you come back? It's excitement and nostalgia all in one. I expect it is similar for other people.

I am thinking I will take the break this summer some time.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120676 on: April 11, 2017, 10:16:08 am »

I often take breaks from here. Was gone for almost 6 months at one point.  I am feeling it is about time I took another, but not quite yet. I dont know how to put it-- things lose their specialness when you experience them too much.

Take a break though, and when you come back? It's excitement and nostalgia all in one. I expect it is similar for other people.

I am thinking I will take the break this summer some time.

I tell myself this every now and again, but I always come back after a week at most. Coming here has just become reflexive at this point.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #120677 on: April 11, 2017, 10:32:12 am »

I've had my share of breaks, some over a year long. It's always a little unnerving coming back and finding that 60+% of the posters are people you have never heard of before.

Oh.. oh wow. I've been a member since 2012. I was a lurker a few years before that even. Thats crazy.
Does anybody else remember NW_Kohaku from his great suggestion threads?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120678 on: April 11, 2017, 10:37:42 am »

I actually first registered way back in 2009, but I've been on the forums on and off.

I've had my share of breaks, some over a year long. It's always a little unnerving coming back and finding that 60+% of the posters are people you have never heard of before.

Oh.. oh wow. I've been a member since 2012. I was a lurker a few years before that even. Thats crazy.

I vaguely remember that username, I think.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #120679 on: April 11, 2017, 10:40:22 am »

Remember the name, not the threads. Been a while since I really poked around anywhere but GD and OG, though, heh.

... and by while, I mean probably since before you joined. Eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #120680 on: April 11, 2017, 10:42:44 am »

The person with an avatar holding a blue and pink like container? I remember them quite well; back in the day I'd love reading their posts alongside many others in DF development and otherwise! :3

House lizards meeting under quite an obvious painting in the living room. I get to see them making lizard sounds and calls that were quite the 'probably scary sounds' in my childhood. xD Pretty skittish fellows, and cold to the touch.
Also homegrown gardening is going quite well, bok choy and other tiny plants from hydroponics and otherwise makes a meal in 2+ weeks \o/

Problem is wondering how caterpillars even get there, when the 'garden' is right near our water tank. At the roof.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #120681 on: April 11, 2017, 10:45:37 am »

About Loud Whispers (he will probably kill me for revealing his secrets):

I once asked him how's his Miroslav AAR going in terms of being finished, he told me that it'll be ready next month and he'll also be out to sea next few weeks (PM was written on March 22) and that he'll have no Internet. So I guess he's relaxin' on the beach for now.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:47:13 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120682 on: April 11, 2017, 10:46:38 am »

I remember the username and kinda even the avatar, and something about hilarious suggestion threads.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #120683 on: April 11, 2017, 10:55:50 am »

I remember Kohaku from Cog the Blind Drunk.

I remember them for talking about how Cog knew what clothes an elf was wearing, and how Cog knew what gender the elf was. Their avatar at the time was an anime girl with syringes in her hands.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120684 on: April 11, 2017, 11:11:56 am »

At first I recalled kohaku as that person who always signed all his posts, but then I remembered that guy had a murderdarkmetalish name which contrasted comically with his demeanour.

So now I'm not sure who kohaku was, but I feel that the name is super familiar. Totally an animu avatars to it as well.
Love, scriver~

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120685 on: April 11, 2017, 11:46:57 am »

Oh we're talking about people whose names we remember but never see anymore?

Lesse, there's Fenrir (he once told me he did something horrible here and that's why he left, but I never knew what it was)
Armok....  I remember the name Xotes for some reason but not sure it was this forum... Sappho though her profile says she was last active today so maybe I just don't look in the right places.

Oh and GreyMario who I vaguely remember getting into arguments with constantly.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:50:52 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #120686 on: April 11, 2017, 01:16:58 pm »

Did... Did something happen to Orange wizard?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #120687 on: April 11, 2017, 01:19:28 pm »

Two flipping high master cheesemakers. In as many migrant waves. It makes no sense.
One wheel short of a wagon

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #120688 on: April 11, 2017, 01:49:50 pm »

Did... Did something happen to Orange wizard?
Orange Wizard's moulderin' in the b&
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120689 on: April 11, 2017, 01:54:09 pm »

Yup, got banned for talking about some... "friendery"... in his life as I recall. Sad.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 8044 8045 [8046] 8047 8048 ... 11037