Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8038 8039 [8040] 8041 8042 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14544128 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #120585 on: April 07, 2017, 08:30:08 pm »

Slytherin weren't there to 'break rules to do right.' The were there to break rules if it furthered their own agenda. That agenda may feasibly be good, but very often was not - instead, the self was the focus. The Sorting Hat says as much to Harry - you could get power in Slytherin, or something. Nothing about doing good.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120586 on: April 07, 2017, 08:31:59 pm »

Slytherin weren't there to 'break rules to do right.' The were there to break rules if it furthered their own agenda. That agenda may feasibly be good, but very often was not - instead, the self was the focus. The Sorting Hat says as much to Harry - you could get power in Slytherin, or something. Nothing about doing good.

If you want to be pedantic none of the houses are there to do good.

I say "Good" because this is a school.

Harry's Gryffendor parents used their leadership ability to bully and belittle others.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120587 on: April 07, 2017, 09:01:11 pm »

Fairly confident I would end up in ravenclaw anyway. I am an egghead all the way through.

What house boisterous and house devious are up to only concern me when their egos get in the way of other people's lives. I'll take house academic. Better aligns with my interests, and academia is how we get nice things.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120588 on: April 07, 2017, 11:58:39 pm »

Microsoft Word's dictionary contains the word fuckboy, no hyphen.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120589 on: April 08, 2017, 01:19:01 am »

Anyone ever notice how in Star Trek... anything other than the Star Trek Uniform is typically hideous, ugly, or mysteriously primitive?

---

Also I am starting to love how narrative causality works when it comes to Time Travel plots in videogames

Saw this one where a guy needs a specific time (seems like it needs to be like... within 5 minutes) in order to use his time travel powers (he cannot randomly jump it doesn't work that way... and no it isn't a convoluted reason... His time travel powers need him to have intimate knowledge of a specific event) and suddenly people are able to draw upon the exact times for everything! Even people with eidetic memories pop out or the woodwork.

On the plus side one of these instances was rather clever. A girl you talk to knows the exact time an event happened down to a minute... specifically because she just barely made it to the store too late and it closed before she could get there. So yeah she would know the exact time.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 02:00:32 am by Neonivek »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120590 on: April 08, 2017, 01:58:54 am »

Futuristic! Those colors appeal to people with exotic genes from generations of kinky sex with aliens! The pigments look different in UV! Honest! ;P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120591 on: April 08, 2017, 02:07:19 am »

I mean people hit me over the head over and over again that Tpol in Enterprise is apperantly supposed to be the sex appeal because she is in a cat suit.

Yet every time I hear that I just have to take one look at that HEDEOUS HIDEOUS (wow, both... work... huh) outfit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember! This is apparently Sexy... Someone dressed in your mother's curtains.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120592 on: April 08, 2017, 02:14:11 am »

Oh, like the horrid garish colors of the federation uniforms are any better?

I think the intention there was that vulcans are staid, stoic people who have repressed everything-- which is why they eat bland flavorless broth, and totally devoid of spice vegetable dishes, etc.. and that this is why the colors are so bland and flavorless, and the cut is bland and flavorless too. However, because some people cant watch scifi without seeing curvature of the hips, the wardrobe people dressed her like Hillary Clinton's mom.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 02:15:46 am by wierd »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120593 on: April 08, 2017, 02:19:58 am »

Why do people find Cat Suits so inherently sexy anyhow? It is just a one piece suit... Feety Pajamas are essentially a cat suit.

and look at T'pol! LOOK AT HER!

Her clothes AFTER she stopped wearing that were more sexual... and yet people kept crying that the curtain catsuit was too sexual.

Even in terms of showing off someone's boobs, hips, and ass it is far from the best unless you somehow give it boob socks.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #120594 on: April 08, 2017, 02:34:03 am »

Anyone ever notice how in Star Trek... anything other than the Star Trek Uniform is typically hideous, ugly, or mysteriously primitive?

---

Also I am starting to love how narrative causality works when it comes to Time Travel plots in videogames

Saw this one where a guy needs a specific time (seems like it needs to be like... within 5 minutes) in order to use his time travel powers (he cannot randomly jump it doesn't work that way... and no it isn't a convoluted reason... His time travel powers need him to have intimate knowledge of a specific event) and suddenly people are able to draw upon the exact times for everything! Even people with eidetic memories pop out or the woodwork.

On the plus side one of these instances was rather clever. A girl you talk to knows the exact time an event happened down to a minute... specifically because she just barely made it to the store too late and it closed before she could get there. So yeah she would know the exact time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120595 on: April 08, 2017, 02:43:28 am »

Kirk's outfit looks like he took an away mission to the city of Monica-- Looks just like Onan's from Aeon Flux.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #120596 on: April 08, 2017, 07:34:38 am »

Microsoft Word's dictionary contains the word fuckboy, no hyphen.
a fuckboy is a slang term for a primpy, self-obcessed pretty  boy with an attitude problem, a good sense of showmanship but not work ethic, and, usually, a gaggle of minions.  often times there are jokes about his sexuality
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #120597 on: April 08, 2017, 08:47:14 am »

Someone insane decided to do this.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 09:03:51 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #120599 on: April 08, 2017, 09:00:51 am »

Yep, edited post.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children