Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8032 8033 [8034] 8035 8036 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14539548 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #120495 on: April 05, 2017, 08:49:59 pm »

i miss good ole imperialism

can't we go back to conquering everything with vigor?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #120496 on: April 05, 2017, 09:22:54 pm »

i miss good ole imperialism

can't we go back to conquering everything with vigor?
Imperialism? Screw that. Crusades are where it's at!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120497 on: April 05, 2017, 09:30:18 pm »

You will believe like we do, OR ELSE.

Also known as cultural genocide.

It is actually alive and well today, just a little more reserved in its speech. :P

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120498 on: April 05, 2017, 09:38:07 pm »

You will believe like we do, OR ELSE.

Also known as cultural genocide.

It is actually alive and well today, just a little more reserved in its speech. :P

There's forced assimilation and there's natural assimilation via osmosis.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #120499 on: April 05, 2017, 09:53:24 pm »

natural assimilation via osmosis.

Playable space amoebas that can absorb planets? 
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120500 on: April 05, 2017, 10:19:51 pm »

Yeah I think your best bet is to absolutely talk to them immediately, make a fool of yourself and then self-justify why you never really wanted to know them in the first place.

Not that I'd know. I do what you did.
Jeez... is that really what one is supposed to do in such a situation? I wish I could do such things.
The very thought of taking such a harmless action is enough to make my chest tighten with fear.

Yoink?
Well, as I disembarked the train she moved to the other side of the carriage to a window seat so as to be able to continue gazing into my eyes as I stood loitered next to the ticket machine* watching the train go, so I'd say there was a bit more interaction involved than in that example. That probably does apply to me more than I'd like, though.  :-\   

* Not really a ticket machine, since instead of paper tickets the city's metro mostly just works with electronic cards that one tops up with fare money, but I can't think how to say that concisely.  

New WTF: WhyTF am I having a sudden urge to actually play Stellaris? A 4x space game, the sort of thing that would normally bore me to tears?
Is there any more micro-level aspects to the game, or is it all focused around commanding fleets of ships and capturing entire planets?    
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120501 on: April 05, 2017, 10:33:47 pm »

New WTF: WhyTF am I having a sudden urge to actually play Stellaris? A 4x space game, the sort of thing that would normally bore me to tears?
Is there any more micro-level aspects to the game, or is it all focused around commanding fleets of ships and capturing entire planets?    

Because people were just talking about it and you're curious? heh.

As for micro level aspects, there's an actual fully fledged political faction system. The current (soon to be old) system, which is rather rudimentary, was ripped out and overhauled.

You should look at the dev diaries (link to archive thread on their forum), looking at Wiz's twitter at his teasers is also fun.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120502 on: April 05, 2017, 10:37:14 pm »

But are "Population Units" (I looked at the wiki!) as close a look as you actually get at individual characters and their stories?
Booze is Life for Yoink

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120503 on: April 05, 2017, 10:40:54 pm »

If you mean Crusader Kings II level, it's a whole other scale here, in the opposite direction.

There are leaders, yes, but the only story they have is the one you create in your head. I'm not sure if they said that they were going to try and remedy that shortcoming (the whole individual stories and events linked to individuals like in CKII and EU4) at some point.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 10:43:00 pm by smjjames »

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120504 on: April 05, 2017, 11:12:49 pm »

Yeah I think your best bet is to absolutely talk to them immediately, make a fool of yourself and then self-justify why you never really wanted to know them in the first place.

Not that I'd know. I do what you did.
Jeez... is that really what one is supposed to do in such a situation? I wish I could do such things.
The very thought of taking such a harmless action is enough to make my chest tighten with fear.

Yoink?
Well, as I disembarked the train she moved to the other side of the carriage to a window seat so as to be able to continue gazing into my eyes as I stood loitered next to the ticket machine* watching the train go, so I'd say there was a bit more interaction involved than in that example. That probably does apply to me more than I'd like, though.  :-\   

* Not really a ticket machine, since instead of paper tickets the city's metro mostly just works with electronic cards that one tops up with fare money, but I can't think how to say that concisely.

If you see them once, w/e.

If you see them again, go ahead and talk to them. You could even start off with something like "Hey, haven't I seen you here before?"

Of course, if you don't see them again, your problem is already solved.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120505 on: April 05, 2017, 11:15:10 pm »

But are "Population Units" (I looked at the wiki!) as close a look as you actually get at individual characters and their stories?

I think you can assign people to captain ships and the head of your faction rotates if they die or are replaced. I believe the leader can effect things with traits but I've only watched a let's play or two of Stellaris.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120506 on: April 05, 2017, 11:22:08 pm »

Unfortunately, Stellaris is kind of lacking in the 'character' department, it is a pretty good 4x, but not so in-depth as one might hope.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120507 on: April 05, 2017, 11:24:56 pm »

Thanks for the info guys. I think if I ever decide to get into 4xs I should probably try CK first.

If you see them once, w/e.

If you see them again, go ahead and talk to them. You could even start off with something like "Hey, haven't I seen you here before?"

Of course, if you don't see them again, your problem is already solved.
I might be on the same train next week, so who knows, perhaps they were on their way back from work or some other regular thing.   
Hopefully I get the chance to make a fool of myself in this particular way!
Booze is Life for Yoink

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120508 on: April 06, 2017, 02:00:41 am »

Yoink?

Don't it to us all, friendo ;)
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120509 on: April 06, 2017, 02:49:55 am »

Sooo... I am pretty sure cops are not able to shoot you for escaping arrest.

It is a bit surprising how common this is.
Pages: 1 ... 8032 8033 [8034] 8035 8036 ... 11037