Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7993 7994 [7995] 7996 7997 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14520423 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119910 on: March 28, 2017, 01:01:16 pm »

In two subsequent dutch governments we had a Prime minister Lubbers and a Prime minister Kok (pronounce: cock). Those must have been hilarious times for foreign diplomats.

Rofl the Kok one. Don't get the Lubbers one though.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119911 on: March 28, 2017, 01:03:04 pm »

lubbers is another word for condoms (lubricated rubbers if I had to guess)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119912 on: March 28, 2017, 01:07:05 pm »

lubbers is another word for condoms (lubricated rubbers if I had to guess)

Oh. The only 'lubber' I know of is in 'landlubbers', or what sailors call people who've never set foot on a boat.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #119913 on: March 28, 2017, 02:29:50 pm »

Netflix is releasing a live-action Death Note adaptation. For some reason, it's set in America. Light's last name is now Turner.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119914 on: March 28, 2017, 02:33:34 pm »

Jussi is a pretty cool name. But it's Finnish. Can't give the bastards the satisfaction.

Give in to the temptation. It's a very common name in Finland (my brother's name, incidentally).

If I ever have a daughter, I'd like to name her Lumi (it means snow, but bonus points for resembling the root for 'light' in a bunch of Romance languages; see; 'lux', 'luminous'). It's been steadily growing in popularity in the last few decades, so she wouldn't stick out that much. I just really enjoy the sound of the word in all its simplicity.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119915 on: March 28, 2017, 02:37:13 pm »

Netflix is releasing a live-action Death Note adaptation. For some reason, it's set in America. Light's last name is now Turner.

Given that a proper deathnote show you need an intimate knowledge of the police...

Setting it in America makes sense... that and it is a TV Show... Setting it in Japan would raise the cost of production significantly.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119916 on: March 28, 2017, 03:16:33 pm »

But...
having a show about a rich white kid purging the prison systems in america kinda... changes things about the show.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119917 on: March 28, 2017, 03:17:59 pm »

But...
having a show about a rich white kid purging the prison systems in america kinda... changes things about the show.

It does?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #119918 on: March 28, 2017, 03:46:32 pm »

It's not a TV show. It's a movie.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119919 on: March 28, 2017, 04:14:21 pm »

But...

It does?
America has some problems with it's prison systems.

The original WTF I came here to post.

Last night i was pushing about 40 hours awake, and I went to get some food before going to sleep.
It was around 11, so I went to the only place still open on campus as they were closing up. It might just have been my state of mind, but there was this cute indian girl working there who was literally the most adorable person I have ever seen. I just completely stopped functioning. I literally couldn't stop myself from staring at her. When she handed me my food I tried to say thank you, but instead I just made some unintelligible noises, turned bright red, and walked away.

I mean, I normally don't really get that attracted to people in general, so I was extra surprised by this.   
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119920 on: March 28, 2017, 04:31:17 pm »

Also I liked that it was set in Japan because it can carry that idea of "you're not special"
The reaper in question wrote instructions in the world's most common language and then just dropped it anywhere.

The fact it got picked up by a psychopath high-schooler was just serendipity.
Frankly that makes the entire anime for me, where the main character is like "I'm the chosen one!" whilst the deathgod smiles lazily from the side.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119921 on: March 28, 2017, 04:49:00 pm »

So basically there is this disease that harmlessly transmits to people, but is programmed to kill someone with a specific DNA.

Essentially that's what the early Syphon Filter series was about - Syphon Filter was a virus designed to be programmed to not only kill specific people(or specific ethnic groups), but specific types of cells. One character in the second game suggests using it to cure cancer(she may have been bullshitting though).

Also, FOXDIE.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119922 on: March 28, 2017, 05:03:24 pm »

First day of doing the actual job I was hired to do.   

Did you know that people around here like to drop random barrels of mystery chemical in the wal-mart parking lot?  According to my supervisor it happens basically on a weekly basis.  The training videos actually went over that, but it seemed to imply that that kind of thing was a massive anomaly, the store I work at actually has 2 barrels of the mystery stuff in storage in the hazmat area waiting for their waste guys to finish analyzing this month's 'delivery'.  Because they apparently won't haul it away until they know what it is.

Who the hell does that?  And how is it happening so commonly here that it's old hat, but noone caught the dumper yet?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #119923 on: March 28, 2017, 05:19:51 pm »

It's probably VX :P Better be careful...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #119924 on: March 28, 2017, 05:21:51 pm »

Truly a land of boundless opportunity. You can start a chemical manufacturing plant right in your Wal-Mart parking lot!
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 7993 7994 [7995] 7996 7997 ... 11037