Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14502792 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #11985 on: July 07, 2012, 07:51:47 pm »

101F out, terribly hot.

Suddenly, hail.

WTF IS WRONG WITH THE WEATHER.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11986 on: July 07, 2012, 07:51:59 pm »

Sophomore is the second year of high school/college, right after freshman but before junior and senior.
why not call it 2nd year like we do. and how many years do you stay in 2nd level school.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11987 on: July 07, 2012, 08:01:32 pm »

Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior. American high school pulls its grade level names (besides just 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th Grade) from colleges, which are more of a way to determine how close you are to graduating than an actual year mark.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11988 on: July 07, 2012, 08:04:58 pm »

The fridge suddenly stopped making noises. Please don't be broken, please don't be broken :o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11989 on: July 07, 2012, 08:05:49 pm »

The fridge suddenly stopped making noises. Please don't be broken, please don't be broken :o
Did your power go out earlier?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11990 on: July 07, 2012, 08:06:51 pm »

Nah, the lights inside the fridge still work.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11991 on: July 07, 2012, 08:14:57 pm »

101F out, terribly hot.

Suddenly, hail.

WTF, stop being absurd, weather!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11992 on: July 07, 2012, 08:21:42 pm »

Whew! False alarm, I think.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11993 on: July 07, 2012, 10:11:51 pm »

So, I was on I-Am-Bored.com a while back, and I found a picture of myself at my senior prom with my sophomore date. :D

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=57356

2 or more  things.
Whats a sophomore? I hear it a lot in relation to american schooling system.
They let her in with it on?
and Good skills for her to have and use.

WTF piece, why was the jordanian politican let in the TV studio with a gun?

Like they said, its the students in their second year of high school. Americans do that because it's different and annoying to everyone, thus very American, like the Imperial system of measurement.

Yes they did, and in fact most of the teachers were kinda appreciative of the effort that went into it.

And yeah, she's a total badass at all kinds of crafty stuff. Especially duct tape, she loves duct tape.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #11994 on: July 07, 2012, 10:14:51 pm »

The fact that the forum clock is 8 minutes slow for me.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11995 on: July 07, 2012, 10:43:16 pm »

101F out, terribly hot.

Suddenly, hail.

IIRC, the cause is updrafts blowing precipitation back up to get coated with another layer of frozen water, but without having time to melt. And it just keeps getting blown back up until it's too heavy. You might see a little melt on the way down after that happens, but it's negligible compared to the diameter of the thing. Basically, cloud shenanigans.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11996 on: July 07, 2012, 10:50:15 pm »

101F out, terribly hot.

Suddenly, hail.

IIRC, the cause is updrafts blowing precipitation back up to get coated with another layer of frozen water, but without having time to melt. And it just keeps getting blown back up until it's too heavy. You might see a little melt on the way down after that happens, but it's negligible compared to the diameter of the thing. Basically, cloud shenanigans.
The formation of hail is relatively well known. The question is: why the hell are there ice pellets falling from the sky at over 100F?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11997 on: July 07, 2012, 10:51:37 pm »

101F out, terribly hot.

Suddenly, hail.

The formation of hail is relatively well known. The question is: why the hell are there ice pellets falling from the sky at over 100F?
Cloud shenanigans.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #11998 on: July 07, 2012, 10:51:59 pm »

101F out, terribly hot.

Suddenly, hail.

Because god has a sense of Irony? More seriously swimming when it's been over hundred all week sucks.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11999 on: July 07, 2012, 11:03:41 pm »

101F out, terribly hot.

Suddenly, hail.

Oh, you meant why. My bad. Bit of semantic confusion on my part. The answer is that God is real, and it has a sadistic sense of humor. Still, it is kind of funny, if you take a step back. It's kind of like all those videos on America's Funniest Home Videos that boiled down to watching a father be struck in the genitals with a heavy object.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 11037