Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14501949 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #11955 on: July 05, 2012, 03:46:01 pm »

AI always cheats. Always.

I'd link to TvTropes here but my time's running out.
Got ya covered.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11956 on: July 05, 2012, 04:05:39 pm »

You sure they were not hiding the troops somewhere? AI loves to have tons of troops in random areas.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11957 on: July 05, 2012, 04:59:50 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #11958 on: July 05, 2012, 05:55:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Once again, capitalism solves all important problems....

I need to remember to photoshop that into a car ignition.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11959 on: July 05, 2012, 06:35:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Once again, capitalism solves all important problems....

I need to remember to photoshop that into a car ignition.

Please do.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11960 on: July 05, 2012, 09:14:07 pm »

You sure they were not hiding the troops somewhere? AI loves to have tons of troops in random areas.
the mod involves another mod which shows the military strength of their army compared to yours, provided you have enough espionage points on them.
I haven't played Civ 4, but I know in Civ 5 the AI gets more and more Gold/turn at higher difficulties.  Is it possible that they rushbought all the units?

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #11961 on: July 06, 2012, 12:58:10 pm »

I really want a Google Nexus 7. This confuses me, as I think Tablets are functionally and practically in almost all respects useless and expensive toys. And yet, I want one so very badly. May be because it's a lot cheaper for the quality than the £400+ iPad, so I'm linking it more in my head with buying a DS than a Tablet.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11962 on: July 06, 2012, 01:00:56 pm »

Student of a School of Economics and Management shows both Economic and Management savy by passing the course in a very short period of time. School sues him for not being there long enough.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11963 on: July 06, 2012, 01:20:41 pm »

Student of a School of Economics and Management shows both Economic and Management savy by passing the course in a very short period of time. School sues him for not being there long enough.
*facepalm*

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11964 on: July 06, 2012, 01:24:10 pm »

This could just as easly be cross-posted to the sad thread, but I learned that one of my (now ex-) favorite restaurants is run by a cult.

Man.  Now it's going to be even harder to find good, vegan food in Wisconsin Dells.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11965 on: July 06, 2012, 01:25:33 pm »

*facepalm*
This.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11966 on: July 06, 2012, 01:34:15 pm »

Dude, you're in the Dells? I rather liked that area. Took the DUCW APC tour, ate vast quantities of cheese, and camped on the Madeline Island in Lake Superior. Sucks to hear that you've been getting cult cuisine there, though. According to my cursory read of the wiki, they don't seem like the worst of Cults though... just a bit silly and misguided.

Another nail in the coffin for the old paradigm. Big business, you're trying to kill everything, but in so doing are only killing yourself.

Reading this, part of me is glad I'm not currently involved in the educational system. Pity we value the degree more than we value education itself... I eventually have to go back if I hope to do anything.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #11967 on: July 06, 2012, 02:20:15 pm »

Looking at that cults "bible", http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Course_in_Miracles "Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of God." sounds scarily similar to "Nothing is real. Everything is permitted."...I'm calling secret Assassin or Templar base.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11968 on: July 06, 2012, 02:24:49 pm »

Looking at that cults "bible", http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Course_in_Miracles "Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of God." sounds scarily similar to "Nothing is real. Everything is permitted."...I'm calling secret Assassin or Templar base.

Actually, it's worse than that.  Apparently, the group in Wisconsin took the whole ACIM thing and twisted it around a bit until they liked it.  I was reading an account from someone who went to their camp for three weeks.  I may need help getting my eyebrows back down from where they shot up to.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/eacademy/eacademy19.html

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11969 on: July 06, 2012, 02:31:42 pm »

Well, at least it's not the other Wisconsin cult.  The Shawano one is even worse, and they owned a bunch of gas stations before the courts caught up with them.
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 11037