Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7950 7951 [7952] 7953 7954 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14512099 times)

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119265 on: March 13, 2017, 06:47:19 pm »

WTF related to terraria that I just realized after a year or so

Nobody, so far as I can tell, has noticed that the moon lord looks like an iron maiden reference to the seventh son of a seventh son cover
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119266 on: March 13, 2017, 07:30:25 pm »

WTF related to terraria that I just realized after a year or so

Nobody, so far as I can tell, has noticed that the moon lord looks like an iron maiden reference to the seventh son of a seventh son cover
Moon Lord:  https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4Mx1eJME3_k/hqdefault.jpg
Iron Maiden:  https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c0/Iron_Maiden_-_Seventh_Son_Of_A_Seventh_Son.jpg

Eh, I can see it, particularly with the rib bones and whatever's going on with the brain.  There are other floating torso men but still.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #119267 on: March 13, 2017, 08:19:43 pm »

http://m.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/state-house-votes-to-reinstate-drug-felony-that-voters-axed/article_518300f2-96f2-5337-be3c-6e13ca493122.html?mode=jqm

What the fuck, Oklahoma? Seriously, I had just gotten excited that we might have become SLIGHTLY progressive about ONE. GODDAMN. THING.

This is not how a referendum works! You can't give the people a goddamn choice, then change it for them if they choose the one you didn't like!

[/ComingInHot]
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119268 on: March 13, 2017, 08:53:09 pm »

Now Draig, I am totes aware of the irony of my phrasing here... but you are aware that this bill lessened the penalties for bringing/selling illegal drugs into a school zone, right? They are revoting on it to make sure people who are trying to sell drugs to kids get a mandatory felony.

Like that seems like something that should absolutely have as harsh a penalty as possible. I sort of feel like no sane person would want to lessen the penalties for that kind of thing, ergo I sort of understand where the legislators are coming from.

What was the progressive issue here that outstrips the importance of school zone drugs?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119269 on: March 13, 2017, 09:07:28 pm »

Uh, because the people bringing and selling drugs in school zones are mostly teenagers who go to those schools? Yeah, lock the fuckers up, keep those private prisons full.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grapefruit Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119270 on: March 14, 2017, 12:12:46 am »

Gotta get that institutionalisation started early

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #119271 on: March 14, 2017, 01:08:45 am »

So I was tossing-and-turning in my bed a bit when I noticed that A) my hand hurt, B) It hurt a lot, and C) It didn't seem to be going away. So I looked at it and lo-and-behold, my pinkie was sporting a nasty looking cut, with the skin coming off a bit as well. It's healed a bit since then - although it still looks really ugly, and is particularly sensitive - but I'm amazed that I could get such a cut without realizing it. It's not the first cut I've had in a while either; recently I noticed a small but very visible cut down my upper cheek (nearish my nose) and I haven't the slightest idea when that got there.

Also apparently the city is being shut down on account of snow. Lots of snow. Lots of snow. Some "spring" break I got. :P Fortunately I like snow so I don't mind, but we've had so few snows and two of them come right before or during my spring break. Amazing.
I mean don't get me wrong. I can imagine just wanted to be comforted and/or understood and the person you are talking to is continuously trying to offer advice or fix it in some faction is annoying.
I do this a lot. I learned it from my mother, who is only capable of doing this. I expanded my repertoire by including "offer sarcastic bad-advice", and "describe similar situation that occurred to me" to it. I am not a helpful person; thankfully, I have a cat which does that for me.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 01:13:43 am by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #119272 on: March 14, 2017, 01:38:55 am »

We got over the snow and now we have a flood warning throughout the county. What a time to be living atop a hill with clear drainage paths going around it. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119273 on: March 14, 2017, 03:37:02 am »

Uh, because the people bringing and selling drugs in school zones are mostly teenagers who go to those schools? Yeah, lock the fuckers up, keep those private prisons full.
C'mon man, got to keep the drug pipeline running for the rich bastards that never have to suffer for it one way or another. Though now I'm half wondering how much that line of reasoning might actually have been involved. Oklahoma happen to have one of its major drug trades be one of the sorts preferred by better off folks?

'Course, as a broader thing goes, I'd probably argue pretty cheerfully against mandatory sentencing for anything, at the absolute least so far as felony classification and incarceration time goes. Shit seems to cause more problems than it solves pretty consistently, and often enough by a pretty sizeable margin. Be willing to lay good odds we'd be better off just without the damned stuff.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119274 on: March 14, 2017, 04:15:34 am »

I can't believe it...

I love... the Lord of the Rings... I like games set in its universe, I think it is fairly creative in how it borrows from a wide source of mythology right down to its style.

Yet... Middle-Earth Shadows of Mordor.

I actually found myself arguing... No... HOPING that they breeze through or even skip all the Lord of the Rings stuff like Sauron and the Ring Wraiths... Because the Orcs are just so well done in that game, well potentially, that it just doesn't compare.

I mean... Sauron is a static villain. Yet that Warchief? Yeah he just got a new Ax.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119275 on: March 14, 2017, 04:27:59 am »

After getting nowhere near enough sleep last night and then having to do an unexpected and awful amount of stuff this morning, I have just woken up from a monster nap. Around four hours, I'd say. From what I remember it was a rather pleasant nap, free of cares and full of (sadly forgotten now) dreams.

I feel tired, but not as wretchedly tired as I usually do after napping. Have a sort of bone-tiredness and a somewhat spaced-out feeling.
It's not so bad.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119276 on: March 14, 2017, 06:38:29 am »

I can't believe it...

I love... the Lord of the Rings... I like games set in its universe, I think it is fairly creative in how it borrows from a wide source of mythology right down to its style.

Yet... Middle-Earth Shadows of Mordor.

I actually found myself arguing... No... HOPING that they breeze through or even skip all the Lord of the Rings stuff like Sauron and the Ring Wraiths... Because the Orcs are just so well done in that game, well potentially, that it just doesn't compare.

I mean... Sauron is a static villain. Yet that Warchief? Yeah he just got a new Ax.

Prepare to be slightly disappointed.
I might have to replay that game though.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #119277 on: March 14, 2017, 06:56:40 am »

Slightly disappointed? The penultimate boss is a stealth cheese, and the final boss is a QTE!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119278 on: March 14, 2017, 07:19:32 am »

I just sorted and closed over half of my tabs after going far too long without doing so. Actually seeing the icons feels so very, very strange. O.o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #119279 on: March 14, 2017, 08:30:17 am »

I hold a funeral for each tab that I close.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 7950 7951 [7952] 7953 7954 ... 11037