Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14494111 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #11910 on: July 05, 2012, 08:54:09 am »

Didn't look like Foster's to me, its too focused on ponies. Foster's had all kinds of things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11911 on: July 05, 2012, 08:56:11 am »

I....I....I kinda liked it. GOD HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL.
We lost another one to the insanity. You'll be in our prayers.

This.

(tough insanity may not be the right word to use in a forums like this :P)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11912 on: July 05, 2012, 08:59:40 am »

Non-bronies won't be in our prayers. Why? Because there's nothing wrong with them to pray about.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11913 on: July 05, 2012, 09:00:08 am »

Nah, I got this under control. A few episodes here and there. It's not like I'm going to construct a giant foam pony costume or start writing fanfics.

And if I do those things, you are hereby authorized to terminate me with extreme predjudice.

@Akylon: I was thinking more of the comedic timing and some of the use of facial expressions. Twilight Sparkle and Bloo share some similarities in expression.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11914 on: July 05, 2012, 09:01:52 am »

Me in july '11: "I'm just a fan. I'm not going to run around in silly t-shirts or anything."

3 months later: "OMG MY T-SHIRTS ARRIVED! AND WOONA'S ON THE FRONT!"
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11915 on: July 05, 2012, 09:05:46 am »

I don't see how its stranger than any other fandom. Then again, most of my friends are furries.
*Hugs*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11916 on: July 05, 2012, 09:09:15 am »

Eh, all the "hate" is tongue-in-cheek, here. If not, I'll beat them with a stick.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11917 on: July 05, 2012, 09:12:45 am »

Wait what whoa. Faust made MLP or did I get that right? What part did Meph take part in, write the plots? He is known for flavour but.. oh hell...
I UNDERSTAND NOW! It's ALL A PLOT TO MAKE YOU SELL YOUR SOULS TO MEPHISTO! STOP WATCHING IF YOU CARE ABOUT THEM!
Oh wait. DF fandom. Nevermind.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11918 on: July 05, 2012, 09:18:28 am »

I don't see how its stranger than any other fandom. Then again, most of my friends are furries.
It's because the original series was from our youth, and that one was pretty effing bad. And it's a show for toddler-girls.

Being fan of children's cartoons is so lame.
so very unlike being a fan of far superior cartoons that were obviously made for adults (<---- see avatar ;) )

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11919 on: July 05, 2012, 09:23:33 am »

Hey now, g1 wasn't that bad. Rescue at Midnight Castle was actually really damn good for the time; probably THE best cartoon from the 80s under the "girl's show" label.

g2-3.5 can burn in hell, though.

And that reminds me to put Invader Zim on my list of shows to watch. Said list is pretty long these days.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11920 on: July 05, 2012, 09:35:43 am »

Also, RedKing, at least some of the voicework is done by the same people as well, I believe.

As far as I can tell, Tara Strong (Twilight Sparkle / Bubbles from PPG) is the only one to have a previous connection through that line.

All the rest of the main voice actresses have pretty long pedigrees, though. Hell, Cathy Weseluck (Spike and other characters) was one of the English dub voices for the original Mobile Suit Gundam.  :o

It's also interesting how many of them have worked on more "stereotypical" girls' animated stuff like Barbie, Strawberry Shortcake and even the old MLP. (and as father to a 5-year old girl, I've actually half-watched some of those). I suppose there's a high demand (and limited talent pool) for voice actresses who can sound like young girls.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11921 on: July 05, 2012, 09:39:18 am »

It started with an all-star development team, yeah. I did a spit take when I saw Tara Strong in the credits of one of the Batman movies (Return of the Joker). Then I looked her up and recognized more than a few things she did.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11922 on: July 05, 2012, 09:40:04 am »

Apparently Europe once banned caches on computers. Huh.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11923 on: July 05, 2012, 09:40:27 am »

Wait what whoa. Faust made MLP or did I get that right? What part did Meph take part in, write the plots? He is known for flavour but.. oh hell...
I UNDERSTAND NOW! It's ALL A PLOT TO MAKE YOU SELL YOUR SOULS TO MEPHISTO! STOP WATCHING IF YOU CARE ABOUT THEM!
Oh wait. DF fandom. Nevermind.
Yea i already gave my soul to Armok, now im a shambling husk.

how the hell does that work

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11924 on: July 05, 2012, 09:44:05 am »

Huhwhat?! When? How?

And secondly: There is no Europe that makes Laws. That the USA is calling itself "America" doesn't mean the EU can be referred to as "Europe"

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 11037