Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7938 7939 [7940] 7941 7942 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14504564 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119085 on: March 07, 2017, 08:24:09 pm »

"Dratitude" does not appear as a word when put in Google search or the "define" function.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119086 on: March 07, 2017, 08:57:49 pm »

"Dratitude" does not appear as a word when put in Google search or the "define" function.

In all fairness though...

Dratitude is a cool word. Perhaps we should adopt it as a word.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119087 on: March 07, 2017, 09:05:49 pm »

Conniptions is such a damn cool sounding word, I could say it for days and not get bored (freaked out when it starts to sound wierd and not like a word anymore yes, but bored? no).
gives me

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119088 on: March 07, 2017, 09:14:58 pm »

That URL.
...I was not exactly disappointed.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119089 on: March 07, 2017, 09:25:59 pm »

Tried to substitute my usual PB&J sandwich for lunch with a 1/2 cup bag of roasted edamame. Could only eat half of it. It wasn't bad, though it was one of the driest things I've ever eaten, it's just that I underestimated how full I'd feel after eating a 1/4 cup.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119090 on: March 07, 2017, 09:26:10 pm »

Also I need to say this because some people here don't know what Trademark is (and I am not exaggerating... given some responses here)

In the case of Jim Sterling he has a Trademark claim because he posted a video because in the EULA under Trademark says that he cannot post videos of said product without their set permission.

Now assuming the EULA was 100% legally binding and legal (instead of it being dubious as a contract with additional dubious legality with what is written inside)...

It still wouldn't be a trademark violation... because Jim Sterling in no way presented said Trademark as his own nor presented something else as a genuine product.

You cannot make up the law.

You cannot, for example, write in a contract that "a breach of contract shall be treated as murder" because the law doesn't work that way. Such a case if it went to court would be seen as a fraudulent case.

Which is 100% what is going on with the EULA argument. They have written down conditions in which you violate Trademark separate from the written law.

Which I thought was obvious, but I had to explain it here.

The MOST you can argue is because the EULA says you MUST have permission... you might be breaking Trademark because you are falsely presenting yourself as someone with permission. Yet there is no stipulations on content of said video.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:43:19 pm by Neonivek »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #119091 on: March 07, 2017, 10:03:18 pm »

Also I need to say this because some people here don't know what Trademark is (and I am not exaggerating... given some responses here)
You do need to say this - I'm a moron who doesn't know what Trademark is. I do know, however, that insulting what could be your own audience will definitely (not) endear them to your way of thinking. Definitely.

In the case of Jim Sterling he has a Trademark claim because he posted a video because in the EULA under Trademark says that he cannot post videos of said product without their set permission.

Now assuming the EULA was 100% legally binding and legal (instead of it being dubious as a contract with additional dubious legality with what is written inside)...

It still wouldn't be a trademark violation... because Jim Sterling in no way presented said Trademark as his own nor presented something else as a genuine product.

You cannot make up the law.

You cannot, for example, write in a contract that "a breach of contract shall be treated as murder" because the law doesn't work that way. Such a case if it went to court would be seen as a fraudulent case.

Which is 100% what is going on with the EULA argument. They have written down conditions in which you violate Trademark separate from the written law.
The lack of commas in the first sentence makes your first sentence difficult to understand, but other than that it makes sense. It would be nice if you linked to an article that said the same thing, though (one from a well-known source, preferably).

Which I thought was obvious, but I had to explain it here.
See my very first comment. I don't know, I'm a moron, but the reminder doesn't help anybody.

The MOST you can argue is because the EULA says you MUST have permission... you might be breaking Trademark because you are falsely presenting yourself as someone with permission. Yet there is no stipulations on content of said video.
Again, this makes sense. Is there a place where I can find the EULA, though?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #119092 on: March 07, 2017, 10:29:38 pm »

The weather has not let up. In fact things just got worse. A lot worse. It's been snowing all day. So much snow.

Got the car stuck too; last night my father was going to leave for work when the wheels lost traction as he was going down the hill. So of course he doesnt make the corner, and the car went halfway over the side into the ditch. Then I got the jeep stuck for about an hour today while trying to get the car out. It's been a horrible week.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #119093 on: March 07, 2017, 10:53:34 pm »

Conniption.
Sounds like a goblin name, really.

Urgzu Conniption, the Breath of Ales.

Yeah, that sounds good. Let's go with that.

Also, according to wikitionary, it means either a fit of anger or a fit of laughter. Huh.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 10:55:19 pm by overseer05-15 »
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #119094 on: March 07, 2017, 11:11:40 pm »

Also, according to wikitionary, it means either a fit of anger or a fit of laughter. Huh.
Google describes it as "a fit of rage or hysterics".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119095 on: March 08, 2017, 12:08:42 am »

Azywing you weren't the one making that claim.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #119096 on: March 08, 2017, 12:33:41 am »

Also, videos are terrible, terrible sources. Dear God its painful to have to listen to someone talk at less than a fifth of my reading speed, let along be unable to read back over and select quotes.

This. This oh so much. Personally I wish youtube would disappear along with normal television...

Jesus, that had a lot of typos in it. I do apologize.
This so much >_> In that I can relate a ton with the reading speed--but this applies to my feelings on writing guides or other such things that cite Youtube videos (and that's it. Just "have a guide!" -> LINK TO YOUTUBE. Nothing else.)

I really do miss the days where people wrote down their ideas than posted videos; in a way, this also helps those with horribad internet, we can't load videos just as well as it seems, compared to how easily other countries and other people can access that and it's so easy not to notice that when it's just being provided freely. <_<

Text helps. Exercising meaning through wording and expression. Why is there so much "Link to video" which...at many times, unless visually needed (eg Demonstration videos), is better off being said by words.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #119097 on: March 08, 2017, 12:34:32 am »

Azywing you weren't the one making that claim.
No, but I still felt like I fell under the umbrella of some of your statements, and your general hostility towards the guy with the Andrew Ryan avatar rubbed off on me.

Also, there's no "i" in my name. Just a small error, but it still bugs me.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119098 on: March 08, 2017, 01:05:53 am »

Nope you weren't part of that umbrella at all.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.
Pages: 1 ... 7938 7939 [7940] 7941 7942 ... 11037