Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7918 7919 [7920] 7921 7922 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14504689 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118785 on: February 28, 2017, 05:37:29 pm »

The generally was a catchall in case I was forgetting something exotic. As far as I'm aware it's actually an empty set :V

Least so far as anything persistent goes. No doubt there's various illnesses that screw with your vision and stop when they're gone, but most of the time anything that does that for an extended period is going to cause permanent damage anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #118786 on: February 28, 2017, 05:42:13 pm »

The generally was a catchall in case I was forgetting something exotic. As far as I'm aware it's actually an empty set :V

Least so far as anything persistent goes. No doubt there's various illnesses that screw with your vision and stop when they're gone.

Head wounds semi-frequently cause impaired vision. Pretty much anything that generates swelling around the occipital lobe will give temporarily impaired vision. Wearing the wrong lenses will also, temporarily, impair your eye's ability to focus.

Pretty much anything that doesn't involve degeneration of the eye or the structures therein is temporary. Anything you've had long enough to need glasses for is there to stay.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118787 on: February 28, 2017, 06:46:31 pm »

Generally the only direction it goes is worse, at least without outside intervention. So more or less no.
Yeah, unless you want to undergo correction surgery it (which I really, really want to do, hate glasses) will either stay as is or get worse.
Well. :'( Thanks much u_u

But what about the ungenerally otherwise mentioned there, in Frumple's post? :P
Not to worry, laser surgeries are already approaching maturity.

That said, there's an (IMO) entirely reasonable unreasonable fear of laser knives burning out your eyes, plus plenty of people look good in glasses. Just annoying not being able to use microscopes, telescopes, binocs, &c. as readily as others.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118788 on: February 28, 2017, 07:07:40 pm »

Generally the only direction it goes is worse, at least without outside intervention. So more or less no.
Yeah, unless you want to undergo correction surgery it (which I really, really want to do, hate glasses) will either stay as is or get worse.

Dude, laser eye-surgery has been around for decades. Seriously, my mother got it done more than twenty years ago. It's been pretty ripe for a while.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 07:09:13 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118789 on: February 28, 2017, 07:36:00 pm »

Dude, laser eye-surgery has been around for decades. Seriously, my mother got it done more than twenty years ago. It's been pretty ripe for a while.
Eh. Kinda off it because my father got it done for his cataracts about a decade ago and they fucked up one eye enough that it was almost as bad from the damage as it was before the surgery.

But I've always been squeamish about eyes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118790 on: February 28, 2017, 08:42:41 pm »

You know, seeing the teasers and trailers for the new live action Beauty and the Beast movie, I don't think I'd actualy bother watching if it wasn't for Gaston. Lefou is pulling an utterly perfect Gaston, while Emma Watson seems pretty off as Bella and the Beast looks generic and uninteristing af.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 08:44:26 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118792 on: February 28, 2017, 09:51:12 pm »

I don't speak foreign.
I do! I'm already doing it! :P
I speak almost two foreigns!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #118793 on: February 28, 2017, 09:59:27 pm »

I spoke to a foreign once.
They wanted the cigarettes in the purple carton, but were saying brown, so I brought them the brown carton, and it took five minutes to figure out which one they actually wanted.
Apparently some refugees from Ukraine
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #118795 on: March 01, 2017, 02:33:26 am »

I don't speak foreign.
I do! I'm already doing it! :P
I speak almost two foreigns!

The thingy Chairman did is "Lorem Ipsum" in Russian (with some latin letters in it).
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118796 on: March 01, 2017, 02:37:04 am »

I was wondering whether anyone would notice.

Yeah I ran lorem ipsum through a cyrilic converter :p
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #118797 on: March 01, 2017, 04:02:32 am »

You know, seeing the teasers and trailers for the new live action Beauty and the Beast movie, I don't think I'd actualy bother watching if it wasn't for Gaston. Lefou is pulling an utterly perfect Gaston, while Emma Watson seems pretty off as Bella and the Beast looks generic and uninteristing af.
Completely agree.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #118798 on: March 01, 2017, 04:30:24 am »

Well, hello premature modifiers to my senses. u_u I'm wondering if blurry vision can be corrected and improved over time.
I'm going to go against the grain and say this can actually happen! Happened to my mom.

I don't recall precisely what the details or mechanisms involved were, but my mother's vision actually got less terrible with time, transitioning from "legally blind" to "can sorta see, kinda." Granted, that was some weird interaction of her specific vision problems and the fact that you grow more-longsighted with age, so probably not what you're aiming for, but it did get better! It's possible!

I mean mine is only getting worse, but I just accept that I'm married to my lenses.
Completely agree.
I've not seen any of these trailers, but I'm sure that no one can play a role like Gaston can!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118799 on: March 01, 2017, 06:28:13 am »

I'm in Bundaberg. WTF am I doing in Bundaberg.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7918 7919 [7920] 7921 7922 ... 11037