Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7870 7871 [7872] 7873 7874 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14483959 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118065 on: February 12, 2017, 05:59:40 pm »

Ban the Olympics

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118066 on: February 12, 2017, 06:00:47 pm »

Lets put things into context.

Br has been ruled for over 10 years by a populist leftist wave that fueled the largest corruption schemes you'll ever hear about in the west. Nobody wanted the olympics, everyone knew the aftermath would be shitty, everyone knew all those fancy half assed stadiums and instalations would immediately go to shit once the olympic buzz died out.

People were already angry at the stablishment, and they've been progressively getting angrier before and after the olympics, which resulted in a significant political shift in the last municipal elections. Br is becoming progressively more liberal and angry against federal power centralization. All while a bunch of figures once deified by the left and getting smacked by the biggest investigation since the italian "clean hands" operation, and leftist saint after leftist saint is getting shot down day by day, all while they try as hard as possible to use whatever power they have to try and stop the investigative efforts, which in turn only makes people angrier, specially since independent media has become stronger than ever and is cashing in the whole anti stablishment wave, while the old media outlets are being thrown in the garbage can where they belong.

In short, br is going through exactly the same stuff the west at large is also going through, but kicked into overdrive +5.

Which is good.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 06:02:21 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118067 on: February 12, 2017, 06:02:20 pm »

Good
Cool

But really, this is a bit ridiculous. Brazil was not an Olympic country, and most people knew it, but I thought that it would not be as fast. After all, Brazil is the B of the BRICS. Have they got no pride in their achievements, or something?

This isn't anything special or unusual (well the looting kind of is)

A LOT of Olympic sites are decommissioned rather quickly mostly because no one could really sustain it and it is just a useless hunk of land otherwise.

There are exceptions... but yeah.

Also what achievement? Hosting the Olympics isn't an achievement.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118068 on: February 12, 2017, 06:03:14 pm »

Ban the Olympics
The Olympic officials would disagree, and they have loads of cash thanks to many many bribes they've accumulated so they will win any legal attempt to shut them down.

can't win against the Big Money bro
._.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118069 on: February 12, 2017, 06:40:45 pm »

Egde
One wheel short of a wagon

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #118070 on: February 12, 2017, 06:48:02 pm »

At the very least can we host the Olympics on the moon so there's a financial incentive to colonize extraterrestial planets with really /fit/ athletes

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118071 on: February 12, 2017, 07:56:48 pm »

Haha "We cannot actually afford to get our medalists... back"
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118072 on: February 12, 2017, 10:59:01 pm »

We have no rage thread, so this goes here I suppose, as anyone who has Skyrim on Steam (and checks the little news blurbs on the library page regularly) will be aware, Valve wants to give paid modding another go, cue net-terrorism and public shitstorm.  How does an entity not learn from such an unreal level of customer backlash?

Edit: I should point out that they don't appear to be targeting any 'thesda games for this, or any specific games at all right now, but there is no way this can end well.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:01:49 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118073 on: February 12, 2017, 11:23:48 pm »

We have no rage thread, so this goes here I suppose, as anyone who has Skyrim on Steam (and checks the little news blurbs on the library page regularly) will be aware, Valve wants to give paid modding another go, cue net-terrorism and public shitstorm.  How does an entity not learn from such an unreal level of customer backlash?

Edit: I should point out that they don't appear to be targeting any 'thesda games for this, or any specific games at all right now, but there is no way this can end well.
the concepts theoretically fine. the implementation however...

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118074 on: February 12, 2017, 11:30:58 pm »

I'm not even getting into that argument.  The people Valve has to convince have already spoken on the subject, and are very unlikely to change their minds.  Hope GabeN likes solid black faxes, because I have no doubt he'll be seeing them by the dumptruck-load as soon as they try this again.

Edit: the above statement should not be taken as approval of what amounts to cyber-terrorism, nor will I participate in any fashion in any such activity.  I reject paid modding according to my principles but have no personal stake in this issue, as I am quite willing to simply not use paid mods.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:35:05 pm by NullForceOmega »

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #118075 on: February 12, 2017, 11:34:05 pm »

God, that fax thing was the most cripplingly funny thing I saw that entire year.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118076 on: February 12, 2017, 11:52:28 pm »

About as hilarious as letting air out of someone's tires.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118077 on: February 12, 2017, 11:54:28 pm »

Which, dependent upon just how much you hate/like the person whose tires are being deflated, can be absolutely hilarious or completely horrifying.

I personally prefer to blow up their fuel tank (and thereby vehicle), leaves a more lasting impression.  Haven't had reason to do that for a couple decades tho', and I don't see myself doing so in the forseeable future.

Edit: If anyone is worried about this post, understand that while I do condone acts of violence when they are warranted, I am not currently suggesting that anyone carry out any such actions.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 12:12:17 am by NullForceOmega »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118078 on: February 13, 2017, 02:01:17 am »

I mean I'd stop at a tennis ball in the exhaust.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118079 on: February 13, 2017, 02:38:48 am »

I frankly don't see what's the big problem is supposed to be here. I mean, what's the deal with flipping out just because good modders will finally be able to get rewarded for their labor? It's not like paid modding isn't already a thing in many other games... be thankful that it's at least a one-time payment, and not pay-per-month MMORPG-style scheme, because I've actually seen a "free-to-play" MMORPG which had mods like that. They were necessary for proper gameplay at high levels, too - which isn't the case for Skyrim! Truly, people flip out due to the weirdest of things.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 7870 7871 [7872] 7873 7874 ... 11037