Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7847 7848 [7849] 7850 7851 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471434 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117720 on: February 05, 2017, 02:03:28 am »

I got much further last time I played Scarlet Devil when I started religiously using up all my bombs, it was the first time I managed to get up to Remilia. I haven't played touhou since then however. My advice to get further for noobs is to get into the habit of being bomb-happy, then gradually dial that back.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #117721 on: February 05, 2017, 03:14:08 am »

Today I had one of those Taco Bell tacos that replaces the taco shell/tortilla with a chunk of fried chicken

This may not shock you, but it was pretty awful.

this shocked me

those things are great

but did you get a Baja Blast at least
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117722 on: February 05, 2017, 03:20:25 am »

Today I had one of those Taco Bell tacos that replaces the taco shell/tortilla with a chunk of fried chicken

This may not shock you, but it was pretty awful.

this shocked me

those things are great

but did you get a Baja Blast at least

Of course I got the mountain dew, who wouldn't.

The taco tasted fine, its just that as soon as I picked it up, the cheese and tomato immediately fell out.  This left me eating not a taco, but a hunk of chicken with a ball of lettuce in the middle.  Thing's also too greasy to hold without the silly cardboard thing it comes with.

Also my Taco Bell is right next door to a KFC.  May as well get fried chicken there.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117723 on: February 05, 2017, 03:25:45 am »

why would you pass up the opportunity to eat a tortilla that's the whole point of a taco it's not really a taco if it doesn't come in a tortilla D: D: D:

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117724 on: February 05, 2017, 03:28:20 am »

How about a lettuce tortilla? that would be much healthier, y'all.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117725 on: February 05, 2017, 04:26:31 am »

It's Taco Bell we're discussing. Save your lettuce for your fancy-pants "home cooking" and "not dying of heart disease at less than 40 years old." :P

I eat just about everything on a tortilla. I don't even like regular sandwiches anymore, I'd rather fold the ingredients up into a tortilla. There used to be these frozen bags of fried chicken and I loved making wraps out of those with ranch, lettuce and jalapenos, too bad I can't seem to find them anymore. :-\

I think Mexican food is my favorite in general. So many of the things I love.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117726 on: February 05, 2017, 04:36:10 am »

Look here's a great recipe for Vietnamese-style spring rolls anyone can quickly make, just out of the kinds of ingredients you probably already have around the kitchen, there's no excuse for unhealthy eating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMuOvE940KE

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117727 on: February 05, 2017, 08:15:17 am »

My insurance wants me to fill out a form detailing the incident. It wants the location, but it happened on the street. The form was not designed with things happening on public property(like a street) in mind.

I did "beat" PCB on normal, once, and it was really intense.  Took a few continues (which hides the real last stage, I think).  Recently, I don't usually go that far...  I generally get to the three-sister symphony, then usually make it to the angel-thing above the clouds and die.

You fight Lily White(the angel-thing) before the Prismriver sisters.

EDIT: ...I just came up with a crossover idea, Sakuya is almost certainly related to either Corvo or Daud from Dishonored. All three are knife freaks that can bend time.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 08:25:12 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117728 on: February 05, 2017, 09:09:30 am »

I got much further last time I played Scarlet Devil when I started religiously using up all my bombs, it was the first time I managed to get up to Remilia. I haven't played touhou since then however. My advice to get further for noobs is to get into the habit of being bomb-happy, then gradually dial that back.
Eeh, if you want to get deeper in for the short run, sure. But I distinctly remember my own experience being that I started to git gud (not that I am, I can't no-continue any of the games on higher difficulties still) when I stopped using bombs as a crutch -- that is, there are times where you should absolutely spam them, but using them as a mulligan when you should have been able to avoid a death on your own just lets the bad habits stick around.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117729 on: February 05, 2017, 09:26:29 am »

EDIT: ...I just came up with a crossover idea, Sakuya is almost certainly related to either Corvo or Daud from Dishonored. All three are knife freaks that can bend time.
And all three of them are also related to Dio Brando?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117730 on: February 05, 2017, 09:45:29 am »

And all three of them are also related to Dio Brando?
As well as the first protagonist of Castlevania.
._.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117731 on: February 05, 2017, 11:55:15 am »

Eeh, if you want to get deeper in for the short run, sure. But I distinctly remember my own experience being that I started to git gud (not that I am, I can't no-continue any of the games on higher difficulties still) when I stopped using bombs as a crutch -- that is, there are times where you should absolutely spam them, but using them as a mulligan when you should have been able to avoid a death on your own just lets the bad habits stick around.
When I had more practice, I would generally only bomb after death.  I'd still try for a lucky escape, but be prepared to sacrifice a bomb rather than a life on the death-sound.
I may be overestimating my previous skill, though :P  I just did a run, rusty, and got past the Prismriver sisters despite losing a couple of lives in stage 2.  Died to the half-ghost wolf with the katana, which is as far as I remember getting without continues anyway.

You fight Lily White(the angel-thing) before the Prismriver sisters.

Oh yeah, oops.  Got confused since she doesn't talk, and she's harder than the sisters!  At least to me.  I assumed she was midboss of the next stage...  Which I guess doesn't have a midboss, just wolf-ghost and a lot of obscenely difficult fairies.
Also I like that theory, lol.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117732 on: February 05, 2017, 11:59:32 am »

Too much 'your' is getting into these forums.
I thought this was a haven for the pedant.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117733 on: February 05, 2017, 12:44:04 pm »

Too much yaw?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117734 on: February 05, 2017, 02:57:25 pm »

Lolwut Red Cross?
http://www.pcgamer.com/how-the-prison-architect-developers-broke-the-geneva-conventions/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Dang, I'm really interested in what the Red Cross' reaction to this would be. I't kinda ludricrous that they spend rescources on flogging indie devs instead of on ambulances and antibiotics.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 7847 7848 [7849] 7850 7851 ... 11037