Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7842 7843 [7844] 7845 7846 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467723 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117645 on: February 03, 2017, 11:40:57 am »

Apparently, Iwan Rheon, the guy playing Ramsay Bolton in GoT... is going to play young Adolf Hitler. Next movie will proably be him playing Stalin or Mao and then literal Devil, since there are not a lot of people worse than Hitler.
What if he dyed his hair orange...

I really don't think Carrot Top is that awful.
Love, scriver~

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #117646 on: February 03, 2017, 12:13:11 pm »

"John Kerry told the press today that he was distressed to find out that a Cthulu summoning ritual was underway and his department had not been informed.  As secretary of state it is of course his responsibility to vet all statements, rituals, and sacrifices made to extradimensional entities to ensure that the proper containment procedures are followed.

Press secretary Sean Spicer has responded that true Americans would not criticize the president for attempting to summon Cthulu, as it is our manifest destiny to be consumed by the Great Old One's blubbery tentacles.  He went on to question why the media was silent in 2009 when Briebtbart suggested that Obama might be using a Ouiji board to direct policy decisions.

Insiders within the White House have suggested that the Cthulu summoning ritual has been a bungled from start to finish.  They say that Trump himself has not been overseeing the ritual as it is on the second story of the white house and it is, to quote one high level official who asked not to be named, 'highly unlikely Trump would walk up a flight of stairs.'  Instead the ritual was entirely overseen by presidential aide Steve Bannon."
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117647 on: February 03, 2017, 12:22:50 pm »

You know... a huge trend in bad horror games is that they all feature a gun as the ultimate weapon at around the end of the game.

But now I am seriously noticing how many horror games (and non-sandbox survival games) end basically on an action note... Where all of a sudden items are just thrown at you for the final section.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #117648 on: February 03, 2017, 01:57:52 pm »

Honestly, I'm just happy to appreciate boobs of all sizes.

I'd vote for someone running on that platform.
I am eligible for the 2020 election, and since we're voting in wildly unqualified people, why not me?

Now I want to run for president on a platform of filling my cabinet positions with horrible people and then forcing them to play a real life game of Mafia for the amusement of the American People.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117649 on: February 03, 2017, 02:09:56 pm »

...Like, with actual executions, or just firing people or something? Cause I still don't like bloodsport, even if the contestants are politicians. :P

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117650 on: February 03, 2017, 02:12:18 pm »

Last time a politician said something like that, it became a meme symbolising most of the worst aspects of his character. Just sayin'.
I mean, he got elected, didn't he? :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117651 on: February 03, 2017, 02:35:34 pm »

Ok... I am starting to think people don't know what Low Fantasy means...

What with a setting that features giants, monsters both mechanical and biological, living gods, magic... And the only qualifier for being "Low fantasy" is that the helmets don't have horns.

Then again Low Fantasy is starting to become a sort of hipster setting in that it is always lauded as superior to fantasy and high fantasy. So stretching of the definition to appeal to the artsy farts without being genuine is predictable.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 02:40:32 pm by Neonivek »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117652 on: February 03, 2017, 02:43:41 pm »

What setting is this, exactly?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117653 on: February 03, 2017, 02:44:23 pm »

What setting is this, exactly?

Banner Saga

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #117654 on: February 03, 2017, 02:45:15 pm »

Apparently, Iwan Rheon, the guy playing Ramsay Bolton in GoT... is going to play young Adolf Hitler. Next movie will proably be him playing Stalin or Mao and then literal Devil, since there are not a lot of people worse than Hitler.

Once you've been typecasted as the bad guy in one film, that's your role in every subsequent film.
Imagine if Will Smith played a villain role. Its almost impossible to. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117655 on: February 03, 2017, 02:49:12 pm »

I'd love to see Will Smith as a villain, if he can come even close to Jean-Claude Van Damme in Expendables 2 it will be worth it.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117656 on: February 03, 2017, 02:58:59 pm »

What with a setting that features giants, monsters both mechanical and biological, living gods, magic... And the only qualifier for being "Low fantasy" is that the helmets don't have horns.

Then again Low Fantasy is starting to become a sort of hipster setting in that it is always lauded as superior to fantasy and high fantasy. So stretching of the definition to appeal to the artsy farts without being genuine is predictable.

I think those are what we call jackasses. Low fantasy is essentially 1400's urop with maybe a sprinkle of light magic and one dragon somewhere.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117657 on: February 03, 2017, 02:59:20 pm »

He was the villain in I Am Legend. :^)

unrelated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soq2RjyNCgw

Flat-Earthers and creationists have some competition from the left now.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 03:07:05 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117658 on: February 03, 2017, 03:18:32 pm »

I think those are what we call jackasses. Low fantasy is essentially 1400's urop with maybe a sprinkle of light magic and one dragon somewhere.

Huh the Wikipedia page on Low Fantasy has changed... It used to be quite different last I read it. (Where it was more about magic)

And the definition is EXTREMELY VAGUE and ill-defined... to the point where honestly you might as well toss it.

But yeah... Banner Saga is definitely not the definition of "Low Fantasy" and a "Low Fantasy approach" doesn't mean a "Realism approach".

Basically there are two qualification for Low Fantasy
1) The Supernatural is supernatural: Dungeons and dragons isn't because the supernatural is a normal part of that world. It must be an imposition on the natural order.
2) The story must be contained within the natural world: So Harry Potter doesn't count at all because he goes to Hogwarts which is essentially another world altogether (which is debatable)

Yes... that is it. and even that definition is ENTIRELY argued... Here is ANOTHER definition

"A Down to earth examination of a fantasy setting focusing on the gritty realism of that setting instead of the mythical"

And EVEN THAT definition is argued... There is ANOTHER definition.

---

But very few definitions actually fit within the "Low fantasy" lable Banner Saga 3 tried to use with not using horned helmets...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 03:26:30 pm by Neonivek »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #117659 on: February 03, 2017, 03:49:04 pm »

You know, I never used to shitpost. I think I'm actually becoming a worse internet user as the years go on.  :-\

I wrote the below as a joke response to Neonivek, and then realized that I really couldn't point out anything specific that made it stand out as a joke from the rants of actual crazy people. Poe's law is in full effect. So I guess that's my WTF for the day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 03:57:59 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 7842 7843 [7844] 7845 7846 ... 11037