Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14491856 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #11760 on: July 03, 2012, 02:59:46 am »

Eye of the Tiger is not an obscure song.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #11761 on: July 03, 2012, 03:04:17 am »

I remember when it was rare to not hear it on the radio in the morning.

(Assuming that that's the song you're speaking of.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11762 on: July 03, 2012, 03:09:28 am »

only 90s kids will understand

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11763 on: July 03, 2012, 03:13:49 am »

No, it was a dutch song, in a dutch movie.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11764 on: July 03, 2012, 03:32:33 am »

cerapa... that was some glorious WTF
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11765 on: July 03, 2012, 07:12:55 am »

COMMUNIST NAZIS! THEY'RE COMING TO TAKE OUR FREEDOM AND MAKE US USE GOOD GRAMMAR! Whilst hacking groups that I don't believe in the existence of.
*Hugs*

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11766 on: July 03, 2012, 07:23:27 am »

I hate Communist Nazis. Also, Illinois Nazis.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11768 on: July 03, 2012, 09:02:11 am »

Found some more funny bits.

"The Matt Inman Mafia got our local paper, The Tucson Weekly, to repeat the same old lies about our client Funnyjunk removing Inman's attribution from his pictures -- Funnyjunk NEVER did that -- and that we're suing The American Cancer Society for a bad purpose, instead of a good purpose, which is to make sure they get the money, and not Matt Inman."
We are suing the American Cancer society for GOOD, not evil. What a silly idea eh, that suing charities is evil.

[part of a legal document]
"35. Inman has announced his vindictive response to his real and imagined enemies by posting, within the source code of all of the webpages on his main website, www.theoatmeal.com, the following image and text, depicting himself as a pterodactyl that will “ptero-you a new asshole.”

36. Following the link to http://pterodactyl.me leads the Internet user to a page on TheOatmeal.com where a video created by Inman and Sarah Donner depicts Inman, in his character as a carnivorous, prehistoric flying reptile that first rips the intestines out of a man’s anus, then flogs him with his entrails, then steals a pineapple from a boy, tears his head off, flings it at a girl and knocks her head off, then grinds the girl’s head up in a wood-chipper, blends it with the pineapple, and drinks the grisly cocktail."

Okay, maybe she just doesnt get this particular brand of humor. Haha, grizzly coctail. But holy crap, reading this actually explains quite a lot.

"What kind of connections does someone have in the world to be this arrogant towards a lawyer? Think about it. Inman is WELL-CONNECTED! To me, that just means one thing: mafia."
Grammar nazi mafia gang of anonymious hackers.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11769 on: July 03, 2012, 09:04:46 am »

Man, you gotta feel a little sympathy for anybody who's under attack by Commie-Nazis. Hopefully they're still capable of delivering those UNICEF pennies. And with the added muscle of the mafia, who knows what could happen next?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11770 on: July 03, 2012, 11:05:31 am »

I keep reading more, and it just keeps getting more insane.

"These little cannibal kids think they're so brave, standing up for the sadist Matt Inman, tearing a good lawyer's name apart, a lawyer who is practically a saint, who has worked for the underprivileged and poor his whole adult life."

A saint has to do battle with cannibal grammar nazi mafia gang of anonymious hackers.

"And -- they hate dolphins! These people are the opposite of "progressive." Like I said, they are our modern-day "Hitler youth," and Matt Inman is their Hitler -- not even the person Hitler, just "Hitler's port-a-potty." And they're proud of it. They think it's funny. They think they can take any racist, bigoted, regressive idea and legitimize it by putting it into a cartoon."
Cause everybody knows that The Oatmeal is racist, bigoted and regressive. Gotta give her credit for the saint vs hitler thing. Saint vs satan is waaay more common.

"I compare Matt Inman to the cartoonist Al Capp, an evil man who I'm pretty sure was part of the conspiracy to kill John Lennon. He visited him just before he died and ridiculed the hell out of him. Got a big kick out if it, he did.

Charles is like John Lennon."

No comment.

"Wow, Al Capp as "the Fearless Fosdick of the youth-baiting right." That's what we're looking at in Matt Inman. Every national security state needs a sadistic cartoonist, or two or three. Otherwise, how would they make "funny" looking pictures of the Japanese in order to run a hate campaign against them, and put them in concentration camps?"

This has stopped being funny, and gone down the route of bad WTF.

"Apparently, a bunch of Yellow Journalists, in the tradition of Henry Ford, and his Dearborn Independent, decided that the "Internet" should be given to Matt Inman. Philosophical point of order about all this nonsensical talk that "Charles Carreon is the most hated person on the Internet," that the "Internet" is rising up against him, and that you have to be careful not to piss off the "Internet." THERE IS NO LIVING, BREATHING, ACTING, COLLECTIVE- COMMUNIST, FRANKENSTEIN ENTITY CALLED "INTERNET," only people who are responsible for their actions. Matt Inman is a sadist, a cyberbully, a liar, and an Internet terrorist. Here, HE DID THE BAD THING. He acted like Monsanto, who goes around threatening farmers when their seed get into their fields, having been blown there by the wind, shitted there by the animals, dropped there by the insects. HE NEVER SENT EVEN ONE DMCA NOTICE TO FUNNYJUNK, which means that Funnyjunk wasn't responsible to do EVEN ONE LITTLE THING for him and his content. In the law, there's something very important: it's called "NOTICE." You can't prosecute a person without NOTICE. As the ABOL LIbrarian, don't expect me to take down your content without DMCA "NOTICE." And a letter or email doesn't qualify; a DMCA NOTICE has to be in the proper, legal form. Those are the REAL Internet Rules. But Matt Inman, being the bad person he is, decided to put his evil, sadistic, greedy self on the cross, call himself a martyr, and ask all his juvenile, non-thinking, violent followers to give him victim status, then made a page on his site "ripping Funnyjunk a new asshole" -- for what? For having should have known that Inman's pictures had been posted by users somewhere on his site. Mr. Evil Prince Inman couldn't be bothered to give him NOTICE. No, that wouldn't generate the traffic he wanted. He had to do something OUTRAGEOUS, and blame an innocent person, now plural. And prove that there's a sucker born every minute, i.e., all his "Internet" followers.

Meanwhile, Mr. Matt Inman posts his pictures everywhere on the Internet, magically making "THIEVES" everywhere he goes, according to his own sick morality, poor judgment and humongous power trip. He and his mob followers don't care about reason.

And these Yellow Journalists say that's how the "INTERNET" works. That's not how the "INTERNET" works, it's how it doesn't work. These Yellow Journalists want to give the Internet to Loki. This attack against FunnyJunk and Charles Carreon is an attack against law and order. Matt Inman is an Internet anarchist. Fascists always love an anarchist. And the Journalists are part of the conspiracy, egging everyone on with their hate headlines, and advice for everyone to get crazy and ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK! There's something very bad going on here, which greatly benefits the Publishing Industry, and the copyright chicken hawks. And I don't know why we can't get a simple yes or no from ANYONE about whether Matt Robert Inman is related to Bobby Ray Inman. Apparently, every journalist in the world doesn't seem to think that knowing WHO Matt Inman is is important. He's a man without parents, brothers and sisters, or childhood friends. A man without a past, just like Barack Obama. Sure, there's lots of famous people like that in the world! Usually, they are children of Intelligence Agents, or Intelligence Agents themselves."

What. The. Fuck.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11771 on: July 03, 2012, 11:09:27 am »

Is there a "things that made you shake your head in disappointment" thread?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11772 on: July 03, 2012, 11:19:02 am »

They think they know how the internet works.

Now i'm just hoping that 4chan will teach them how it REALLY works.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #11773 on: July 03, 2012, 11:24:35 am »

No this is just what happens when ego maniacal lunatics drop their carefully crafted facade in public.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #11774 on: July 03, 2012, 11:47:06 am »

I AGREE WITH RUPERT MURDOCH! Its time to get parka's for that vacation by the styx and load up on shot to shoot pigs out of the sky.

http://news.yahoo.com/rupert-murdoch-labels-scientology-very-weird-cult-224748316.html
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 11037