Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7797 7798 [7799] 7800 7801 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457335 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116970 on: January 20, 2017, 11:52:30 pm »

I just want to say that I'm pretty sure this whole book conversation has become unnecessarily nasty
Really? Man, I hope if any of what I said came across as nasty the nastiness was directed at J.K. Rowling and not anyone here.

Anyway, new WTF: I am tired and drinking a glass of Mountain Dew has made me feel really spaced out. Fun.
Time to go buy stuff from the supermarket... I think my shopping list was sewing needles, bread and soup. Delicious, healthy split pea soup. Pretty sure this stuff is the best thing I've ever eaten out of a can, and it seems to clear up digestive trouble as well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #116971 on: January 20, 2017, 11:58:58 pm »

Not at anyone specifically, just in general.
All over a children's card game book series.

And are you talking about when Dew feels like it just shot adrenaline into your veins? That's a bitch whenever it happens.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116972 on: January 21, 2017, 12:21:51 am »

I thought of opening a question thread about alcoholic drinks that barely taste like alcohol again.

But unlike the last time I did it, something has changed and I don't want people to be accidentally or unintentionally implicit in an unhealthy lifestyle :P

I found out that while I don't have a alcoholic's tastebuds (Alcohol is universally vile to me)

I absolutely love and crave being tipsy almost all the time. In fact I kind of fear the reality where I get over that one boundary and get drunk whenever.

It is kind of a weird thing to discover about oneself that you have a deep routed problem. To admit it might not be a problem EXACTLY... But if I was betting on someone, I wouldn't hold it past them that they have a predisposition toward alcoholism.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116973 on: January 21, 2017, 12:27:14 am »

Caffeine still best drug.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116974 on: January 21, 2017, 12:32:37 am »

And are you talking about when Dew feels like it just shot adrenaline into your veins? That's a bitch whenever it happens.
Well, I'm not sure, since I don't know what shooting adrenaline feels like.
It was pretty weird, though! I occasionally get that feeling on caffeine/energy drinks when my body just... doesn't contain enough energy for them to burn.
That's my theory, anyway.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116975 on: January 21, 2017, 12:35:12 am »

Caffeine still best drug.

I definitely think I am addicted to that.

But it is so hard to give up because not only is water nasty... but even magazines agree that our specific water is nasty (and I can TASTE the plastic in bottles)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 12:44:32 am by Neonivek »

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #116976 on: January 21, 2017, 12:42:42 am »

Well, I'm not sure, since I don't know what shooting adrenaline feels like.
It was pretty weird, though! I occasionally get that feeling on caffeine/energy drinks when my body just... doesn't contain enough energy for them to burn.
That's my theory, anyway.
I think that's what I meant. I'm not sure what you mean, but I feel that's what I meant.

I need to sleep now while I can still tell my posts are nonsensical.

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116977 on: January 21, 2017, 12:47:47 am »

See, I woke up today already feeling nonsensical.
Booze is Life for Yoink

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Konosuba sounds like a type of noodles
« Reply #116978 on: January 21, 2017, 12:54:10 am »

N O N S E N S I C A L    A E S T H E T I C

My game giveaway

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116979 on: January 21, 2017, 02:02:57 am »

WTF. My tiny country made 2nd place on the world ranking of exporting fruit, milk products and meat. Exports of those 3 product groups set a new record with 85 billion euros last year. Only the USA exports more (114 billion euros worth).
Incredible. We barely have any land left for agriculture, being the most densily urbanized country in the world (if you take a car anywhere in our country, and drive in a random direction for 10 minutes, you will always find yourself in an urban area), and still we manage to export that much?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 02:05:23 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #116980 on: January 21, 2017, 02:18:31 am »

What country are you from?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116981 on: January 21, 2017, 02:21:58 am »

the Netherlands. I'd say stop all food aid programs to third world countries until they learn to suck less at growing crops themselves.

Heh, according to my newspaper, our agriculatural export has doubled in just 16 years time. Must be all the high tech improvements to horticulture and the pig skyscrapers.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 02:34:35 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #116982 on: January 21, 2017, 02:25:07 am »

the Netherlands. I'd say stop all food aid programs to third world countries until they learn to suck less at growing crops themselves.

But then there are fewer people to work in the sweat shops/dangerous mines providing goods and resources for the developed world!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116983 on: January 21, 2017, 02:29:59 am »

Sadly, it really is a problem. There's many Dutch farmers that went to Africa to share knowledge and bring high tech equipment, only to find there's not enough educated people to understand the tech, and the machines are stripped for scrap metal by locals the minute you look away. I still don't think that the world can produce enough food to feed many more people than we already have, but surely Africa could produce much more of their own food if they only set their minds on it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #116984 on: January 21, 2017, 03:23:10 am »

If people can't get farming going on their own, its probably because there's something in the environment preventing it. People have been farming across the globe for thousands of years just fine, and developed methods apparently independently (american Inca, mesoamerican, and Midwestern U.S. tribes had not contact with Chinese farmers who had no contact with Arabian farmers etc...) I've been told repeatedly about soil across much of equatorial Africa being either unsuitable for farming in the first place or nutrients being depleted faster than they can be replenished. A not insignificant amount of African soil gets blown across the Atlantic and winds up in the Americas.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 03:25:12 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 7797 7798 [7799] 7800 7801 ... 11040