Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14501940 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #11625 on: June 29, 2012, 08:07:19 pm »

Depends. Are you roleplaying a pirate, or are you actually a pirate with a peg leg and parrot on your shoulder?
did having a eye patch count?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11626 on: June 29, 2012, 08:07:46 pm »

It's Max, so it's probably 50-50.

... okay, 35-65.

... 1-99...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11627 on: June 29, 2012, 08:38:25 pm »

One of my goals in life is to talk to someone who decides to make fun of poeple cosplaying at movies, and then ask them what's the difference between that and wearing sports uniforms, jerseys, and paraphernalia at a sports game

Thank you!

Every year it seems like whoever is responsible for planning this stuff makes a distinct effort to always have a major Colts (American Football) event on the Friday or Saturday of Gencon weekend.  Every single goddamn year.  So downtown is full of geeks, including thousands of cosplayers, and an almost equal amount of sports fans in their jerseys and facepaints.  The tension is always palpable, as many (not all) of the roving hordes of jocks make a huge display of leering and jeering at all the geeks.

And I have secretly yearned for one of them to have the balls to confront me directly just so I could tell them exactly what you just said.

"Do you really believe you are Peyton Manning, if Peyton Manning was a smurf, or is that... *gasp*... a costume?"
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11628 on: June 29, 2012, 08:40:55 pm »

It was so hot here today, it broke the highway.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11629 on: June 29, 2012, 08:45:20 pm »

Quote from: Rand Paul
Just because a couple people on the Supreme Court declare something to be 'constitutional' does not make it so.

What. Not sure if talking about obscure technicality or just sour libertarian who doesn't like government whenever it doesn't do what they want. That was possibly the most awkward "Not sure if" statement I've ever typed, by the way.

Source.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #11630 on: June 29, 2012, 08:48:25 pm »

He has a point, though. A couple people on the Supreme Court saying something is constitutional is (at least in theory) because it already is.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11631 on: June 29, 2012, 09:39:16 pm »

I just.... This client doesn't wanna hear the risk involved in this potential lawsuit. He's not really listening to me. There's a clause in the contract that says even if we win, we pay the other side's legal fees. I might be able to break it, but it isn't a sure thing. The other side's lawyers charge, without exaggeration 3 to 4 times what I do per hour. It's a significant enough risk that I really have to advise him of it, but he basically doesn't wanna hear it.

He's so confident that we're going to win that he's not really listening to me, and also doesn't seem to comprehend the need to do research to give him a better chance of winning. (And, yes I have to charge for that, but I'm also 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of the opposition). I just give a shit about him because he's a legitimately decent person in this indecent world and he's not taking this risk seriously. Also he'll pay for the legal research I do but he'll bitch a bit about it until it becomes blatantly obvious why I did it and how it saves his ass.... Moreover, he keeps thinking this will be over quickly and I keep telling him that it won't. He might come out of it ok in the end, but he's heading straight into the shit of this legal mess and will not hear it. I just... ugh.

I just don't know how to make this business owner happy and get the gravity of the situation through to him. He wants to hear what he wants to hear.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11632 on: June 29, 2012, 09:42:42 pm »

You can't make him listen to the reality of the situation. If he won't accept it, he won't accept it.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11633 on: June 29, 2012, 11:21:18 pm »

I am suddenly very, very warm and tired, despite the fan blowing on me and Alice In Chains in my ears. Probably due to the booze.

I'm just so damn sleepy all of the sudden.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11634 on: June 29, 2012, 11:27:29 pm »

Good god, ice cream cake is insane. I think it employs some kind of mind ccontrol. I think I ate maybe half of the damn thing.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11635 on: June 29, 2012, 11:30:00 pm »

Now that you have accepted the Cake and completed the Contract, you shall convey to Us your banking information.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #11636 on: June 30, 2012, 01:54:30 am »

I think my Manager in Titans of steel: Warring suns is cursed.

Poor Cardinal has been in THREE fights so far, two of which both ended in her getting the crap kicked out of her by a Quantum. Yes the same Titan both times. I imagine by now she breaks out in cold sweat at night thinking about Quantums. Thankfully my Mechanic hasn't had a second close encounter with near death since her first accidental run in with a Pack Hunter.

But god dammit man. Quantums. QUANTUMS. I think I might resort to taking my team into the deep core campaign so poor sad unlucky Cardinal can get her skills up.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Russisch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11637 on: June 30, 2012, 02:07:24 am »

I saw someone drawing on their windows of their car with Silver Sharpie, then proceeding to spend the next 30 minutes trying to get it off.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11638 on: June 30, 2012, 06:18:26 am »

It was so hot here today, it broke the highway.
Fairly common thing with asphalt. All the air and moisture in/under the asphalt has nowhere to go, and the asphalt itself doesn't have room to expand. Notice how concrete slabs have gaps in between them.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11639 on: June 30, 2012, 11:22:53 am »

And I've still been drinking out of it.

I think my Manager in Titans of steel: Warring suns is cursed.

Poor Cardinal has been in THREE fights so far, two of which both ended in her getting the crap kicked out of her by a Quantum. Yes the same Titan both times. I imagine by now she breaks out in cold sweat at night thinking about Quantums. Thankfully my Mechanic hasn't had a second close encounter with near death since her first accidental run in with a Pack Hunter.

But god dammit man. Quantums. QUANTUMS. I think I might resort to taking my team into the deep core campaign so poor sad unlucky Cardinal can get her skills up.
I haven't played ToS:WS recently, so I don't know what a Quantum is. But a cursed jock is a cursed jock, that's a fact.

Maybe swap her over to a different Titan with a different style of combat(different range, etc.)?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 11037