Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7691 7692 [7693] 7694 7695 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14491512 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #115380 on: December 13, 2016, 07:08:29 am »

Apparently a lot of vaporwave is actually... good.
Danceable and honestly enjoyable to listen to. Or maybe the vaporwave infection I contracted from the most retro of my friend group has just entered a new, possibly terminal stage? Who knows man. Might end up toppling goa, pystrance and dark/synthwave as... wait, to be honest I never really had a "favourite" kind of electronic music, just occasional tracks that appealed to me far more than others amidst the variety of stuff my non-metal friends listen to. But some of these tracks are actually great music, not just a bunch of retro samples and horribly 80s music kludged together ironically. Great stuff.

Although, why bother sticking with Vaporwave when you can jump straight to S I M P S O N S W A V E ? Oh gods that whole channel is fucking terrifying. Jeez.

Blank Banshee is best vaporwave artist. Their entire first album is full of weird feelings and awesome music, but the song in that video is my favorite.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115381 on: December 13, 2016, 07:43:02 am »

And I was stupid enough to read the comment section :-\
RIP brain
Most of the comments I saw were 'Don't call Lolita costumes, it's fashion', and 'Wow she's a hero'.
I scroll down for a while and the worst I see is a bundle of very respectful naysayers saying 'It's too tight'.

Maybe my recent visits to 'chan has elevated my tolerance for everything which isn't in caps.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #115382 on: December 13, 2016, 07:51:05 am »

I remember cereal games. I remember for everyone.

Methinks Paradox has been leading the way to a brave new world of barebones but heavily hyped games that are steadily improved by DLC, if you're willing to pay up repeatedly.

While Paradox games do tend to have a lot of DLCs, that has much more to do with the length of time they tend to be supported. The biggest "offender" in terms of DLC is Crusader Kings II, with a massive 12 major expansions. The game is also seven years old - most publishers would be on Crusader Kings IV or V by now. 12 expansions in seven years isn't even that many when compared to other series - The Sims 3 had 11 in four years, twenty if you count the stuff packs as major.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115383 on: December 13, 2016, 08:15:56 am »

Ok SERIOUSLY!!! Fiction really REALLY needs to retire this

You CANNOT sex someone back to mental health.

I am willing to buy that through the power of love someone can overcome many things even long time crippling illnesses because usually it is something built up... Even though it is typically not realistic at all (just look at the rare case where someone with PTSD almost or actually kills their lover). It is a romantic idea and frankly love has a significant role in mental health and applied well has been known to cure many terrible conditions.

But I am not buying, I will never buy... That if someone is catatonic, deeply depressed, or is suffering from PTSD... That you can have sex SO PASSIONATE (and usually non-consensual) that it immediately cures them.

And oddly enough I am not picking on anime this time... because for some reason both anime and western media do this. In fact it is FAR FAR worse in Western media because not ONLY does Sex cure mental illness... But Sex also cures personality defects.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #115384 on: December 13, 2016, 08:20:15 am »

...The sad thing is, I'm pretty sure a lot of my emotional issues disappeared after losing my virginity.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115385 on: December 13, 2016, 08:29:15 am »

...The sad thing is, I'm pretty sure a lot of my emotional issues disappeared after losing my virginity.

Yeah but I bet those weren't completely unrelated emotional issues :P

Like your fear of bananas didn't vaporize because your partner was just that good.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #115386 on: December 13, 2016, 08:32:11 am »

Maybe I liked his banana
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115387 on: December 13, 2016, 08:35:59 am »

I should become a psychiatrists and recommend prostitutes to my clients.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115388 on: December 13, 2016, 08:36:37 am »

You joke but I'd bet money that this has happened.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #115389 on: December 13, 2016, 08:40:01 am »

----

I don't know what fiction you've been reading, but I don't recall a situation like this. The closest I can think of is Lan from Wheel of Time, and there the sex does not work.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #115390 on: December 13, 2016, 08:54:02 am »

Sex therapy's actually a thing. Not very much now in the US (iirc there's like... one or two left in the country at the mo', or something like that), but the concept of introducing sex (of a particular sort, or whatever) into a person's life under controlled(ish) conditions for a person having psych problems related to the subject's been around for a while. Some of it even more reasonable than the old hysteria stuff!

At which point their only goal would be to ramp up the productivity of their population in order to compete overseas. Which begs the question of 'how'.
Whooo, no, no, you've mistaken the primary goal of capitalism and apparently rather incredibly badly. The competition is a side effect, the goal is profit. Overseas competition only maybe would be a desired thing in the case of a country wide monopoly, and beyond that specifically targeting areas that are incapable (for whatever reason) of meaningfully competing is very very much a thing (e.g. US & SA, Europe and much of the world during major colonial times, etc., etc., etc.). What's about as likely to happen as anything is the now-controlled country starts exerting pressure (economic, cultural, military) on vulnerable areas in order to render competition a non-issue, and then extends their economic control either outright or through proxies. Productivity increases are only one possibility among many, often pretty terrible, ones, and only somewhat likely to be the first (or even seventh or whatev') thing a capitalist attempts.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115391 on: December 13, 2016, 08:59:19 am »

In the Netherlands,  prisoners convicted to long term imprisonments even have a right to have a 'social worker' tend to their sexual needs once every so often.
It's also available for certain chronically ill or disabled people. It's the only form of prostitution for which the workers classify as healthcare professionals, not as prostitutes.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115392 on: December 13, 2016, 09:02:45 am »

Yeah sex-therapy makes sense for some things.
I haven't been watching hardly any current movies or shows, is that really such a trend?  Sex curing other problems ???

Also WTF:  I rewatched Silent Running yesterday.  Honestly?  It was kinda balls.  I don't usually mind plot holes, but this was just ridiculous.  It was also very slow/moody, encouraging me to think... about how little sense it made.

I'm not even sure what the message was.  I think "Humanity is really awful at protecting life, even criminally obsessed nature activists destroy everything they touch?  Rely on clumsy robots instead?  Also everyone should eat organic no matter the cost."

oh man I just remembered, it took the trained botanist weeks to figure out "hurr the trees are dying because we're moving away from the sun".  Which... should have taken years, actually, jeez this makes no sense.  ...And wait, they had artificial glow-lights!  Because they started near Saturn!  (No idea why the last trees in existence were sent to Saturn).  And there's never any explanation for the nuke order, either.  I get that they want to use the ships for other things, but why nuke the domes??  Even the commander is like "I have received no explanation, god help us all".  Never resolved.

So basically a perfect simulation of being botanist on SS13.  Fanatic excitement gradually becoming ennui and disappointment :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115393 on: December 13, 2016, 10:29:49 am »

At which point their only goal would be to ramp up the productivity of their population in order to compete overseas. Which begs the question of 'how'.
Whooo, no, no, the primary goal of capitalism is profit.
... Then I really don't understand capitalism. What's the point of making profit when you own all the things you could spend it on?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #115394 on: December 13, 2016, 10:47:15 am »

Whooo, no, no, the primary goal of capitalism is profit.
... Then I really don't understand capitalism. What's the point of making profit when you own all the things you could spend it on?
That is the point, what you just wrote. Making profit and owning everything you'd spend it on.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 7691 7692 [7693] 7694 7695 ... 11037