Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7679 7680 [7681] 7682 7683 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14492852 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #115200 on: December 09, 2016, 05:47:31 pm »

I had a sudden moment of jamais vu as I was looking through the It's Like Dark Souls tweets, where for the first time I looked at the phrase "Dark Souls" and took in the individual words, then formed the phrase anew in my mind as I pondered on its meaning. Somewhere along the way it occurred to me that Dead Souls is also technically following the same naming convention, which amplified the weirdness.
Oh wow. I was chuckling a little but this broke me.

The whole account that that came from is NSFW gold.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #115201 on: December 09, 2016, 07:37:32 pm »

A friend send me a compilation of references to Poland in foreign (mostly children) cartoons.
Poland is apparently know for three things:
1) Getting invaded by Germany.
2) Sasuage.
3) KURWA!, which is quite hilarious considering it happens in kids shows.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #115202 on: December 09, 2016, 07:39:01 pm »

4) Cheap labour.

No offence intended, that's just the dominant stereotype I've seen.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #115203 on: December 09, 2016, 07:46:12 pm »

I just realized that in ArmA, the Crossroads, your usual commander that tells you to do shit is... David Armstrong, the lowly private guy that's your main character in first goddamn Operation Flashpoint. ArmA has overarching plot, who would have guessed.

Oh, my. I never knew. Pleasant to hear that things did go rather well for good old Armstrong. Everon Island seems to have, as well. I saw an advert for holiday trips to Everon in ArmA 2. It looked rather lovely, and I can imagine it is a much more pleasant holiday destination with the Soviets out of the woods.

But here is the big mystery. What happened to Pvt. Fowley? Alias MEAT-HEAD!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #115204 on: December 09, 2016, 07:50:05 pm »

Mr. fowley
were you shot in the head?
Mr. fowley?
did you die on the head?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #115205 on: December 09, 2016, 08:01:35 pm »

...soon...

But here is the big mystery. What happened to Pvt. Fowley? Alias MEAT-HEAD!
I don't think that he appears in the Status Quo mission, which proably means he's dead or otherwise occupied. I don't remember.
 I belive the Take On Helicopters also connects to ArmA as the main character (TAKE ON HELICOPTERS HAS PLOT?!?) was in Takistan and I think provided support to OA characters at least once.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #115206 on: December 09, 2016, 08:12:36 pm »

So that is the man I can blame. I shall buy Take On Helicopters and fly him into a cliff.

It's probably be an idea. I rather like the helicopter part of the Operation Arma series. It's a rather loose simulation, but it's good enough for my purposes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115207 on: December 09, 2016, 10:58:31 pm »

Can't tell if I am procrastinating or pragmatizing right now. This is worrying. :-\
I'm pretty sure it's the latter... seems like I would be better off doing the thing I need to do tomorrow, since it's the prerequisite for the main thing I need to do, which can't be done until a certain business is open on Monday. Mainly 'cause I wasted all day yesterday taking my time to fill out a form instead of just getting shit done... ugh. Seems like today is better spent relaxing, showering and preparing to head out to see some bands later on.

Let's just hope I don't find another, equally compelling reason to do it tomorrow... tomorrow.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115208 on: December 10, 2016, 12:13:48 am »

Havin a burglary scare today.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115209 on: December 10, 2016, 12:37:36 am »

Ok I typically dislike face cam letsplays because I feel like they put undue attention onto the letsplayer and I usually prefer them to be a voice entity.

But I have to say... some of the VR facecam letsplays are actually quite entertaining to watch because they will occasionally attempt to interact physically with what they see even though they cannot actually do it.

Like one letsplayer who put their hands up above their head when it started raining.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115210 on: December 10, 2016, 03:30:51 am »

I just finished Spec Ops: The Line.
Phew.
I... wow. That was a hell of a game.
Just needed to get this out there, somewhere. Figured this was the best place for it.
I wish I'd bought it before being told about it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't forget that in the latter part you find out that

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115211 on: December 10, 2016, 03:37:17 am »

Ok I typically dislike face cam letsplays because I feel like they put undue attention onto the letsplayer and I usually prefer them to be a voice entity.

But I have to say... some of the VR facecam letsplays are actually quite entertaining to watch because they will occasionally attempt to interact physically with what they see even though they cannot actually do it.

Like one letsplayer who put their hands up above their head when it started raining.

For VR newcommers, it's really easy to forget that VR constructs aren't physically interactive. I tried to prop myself up on a Virtual countertop while playing with the Vive once, and nearly faceplanted.

My whole life, I've treated visible solid-looking objects as physical things. It's a tough habit to break; new headspace to exercise. ._.;

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #115212 on: December 10, 2016, 03:43:47 am »

Its truly unnatural, to find that something so obviously there, is so decisively intangible. Sorcery.

I'm absolutely infuriated right now. The goddamn cats are all running amok fighting, chasing, and playing with each other and everything in the house. It is time to sleep you nocturnal furry fuckers. Stahp.
I want to throw them all out, but the weather is absolute shit right now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115213 on: December 10, 2016, 08:50:10 am »

I just finished Spec Ops: The Line.
Phew.
I... wow. That was a hell of a game.
Just needed to get this out there, somewhere. Figured this was the best place for it.
I wish I'd bought it before being told about it.
Don't forget that in the latter part you find out that
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #115214 on: December 10, 2016, 09:30:47 am »

For VR newcommers, it's really easy to forget that VR constructs aren't physically interactive. I tried to prop myself up on a Virtual countertop while playing with the Vive once, and nearly faceplanted.

My whole life, I've treated visible solid-looking objects as physical things. It's a tough habit to break; new headspace to exercise. ._.;

Until income tax time, my only VR experience is five minutes of one of the Batman games at a Best Buy PSVR demo. When Alfred popped up it caught me by surprise and I almost hit the person running the thing.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 7679 7680 [7681] 7682 7683 ... 11037