Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7634 7635 [7636] 7637 7638 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478574 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #114525 on: November 29, 2016, 02:35:23 pm »

As much as I hate getting random bits of a song stuck in my head, it is even worse when that happens and the lyrics are completely garbled - and the only possible clue to what the song is (without lyrics it could be anything from an internet thing to Disney Channel crap I heard four years ago) is a song that plays at work and has a vaguely similar beat. Which I also can't come up with.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114526 on: November 29, 2016, 03:00:15 pm »

When I worked at burger king back in the late 90s early 00's they played music over the speakers constantly.  There even seemed to be some kind of sound wiring problem that for a few months caused the music to play (very quietly) in our drive thru headsets as well.

In my 4 years employed there they never changed the playlist.  I pretty much had every song on that playlist memorized.  And because my car back then did not have a functional radio, I would come home with the songs stuck in my head as often as not.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114527 on: November 29, 2016, 03:09:02 pm »

As much as I hate getting random bits of a song stuck in my head, it is even worse when that happens and the lyrics are completely garbled - and the only possible clue to what the song is (without lyrics it could be anything from an internet thing to Disney Channel crap I heard four years ago) is a song that plays at work and has a vaguely similar beat. Which I also can't come up with.
That's the worst, yeah. I still have no idea what that one song I've been hearing many times over radio in various places was. It had something vaguely sounding like "USSR" in the refrain, that's about all I could discern, because the whole vocals were so fucking muffled.
._.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114528 on: November 29, 2016, 03:29:16 pm »

Quote from: first google result for 'graph theory programming'
The city of Konigsberg occupied two islands plus the areas on both blanks. These regions were linked by seven bridges as shown in Fig 1
[Add Image of konigsberg : Fig 1 ]

Um.

The graph corresponding to this problem is on the right side in Fig 1
Uh....
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 03:31:47 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114529 on: November 29, 2016, 05:06:46 pm »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #114530 on: November 29, 2016, 05:22:39 pm »

That's the worst, yeah. I still have no idea what that one song I've been hearing many times over radio in various places was. It had something vaguely sounding like "USSR" in the refrain, that's about all I could discern, because the whole vocals were so fucking muffled.

May it have been Back in the USSR by the Beatles, by chance?
Love, scriver~

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #114531 on: November 29, 2016, 05:34:42 pm »

But the absolute worst, bar none, is when you have a song stuck in your head that you loathe with every fiber of your being

I have Footloose memorized. Footloose.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114532 on: November 29, 2016, 05:40:42 pm »

It's a maths problem.

I wasn't wtfing that there was math related stuff on a page that came up when I googled math related stuff...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #114533 on: November 29, 2016, 07:15:40 pm »

"Fun" with more screwy than normal vision incident N+1: Looking down at the computer's clock and reading its output as 6:66 PM.

Goddamn brainmeat. Clocks don't work that way you ruddy thing. Also my head hurts enough at the mo' I would go out of my way to strangle the bastard that presented a clock that did work that way, if they did it in person. Damned skull padding doesn't need the encouragement, and I think I might actually be out of it enough to think I could manage to successfully hide the body.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114534 on: November 29, 2016, 07:59:51 pm »

"Fun" with more screwy than normal vision incident N+1: Looking down at the computer's clock and reading its output as 6:66 PM.

Goddamn brainmeat. Clocks don't work that way you ruddy thing. Also my head hurts enough at the mo' I would go out of my way to strangle the bastard that presented a clock that did work that way, if they did it in person. Damned skull padding doesn't need the encouragement, and I think I might actually be out of it enough to think I could manage to successfully hide the body.
Skimmed over this post, which led to a really strange experience.

Mis-read clock time... cursing brain... something about clocks and skull padding... wait, hide the body?!

Whatever you do, don't invent a clock which displays french revolutionary time

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114535 on: November 29, 2016, 08:26:28 pm »

Yeah, that whole quote from the fundie sounds pretty reasonable to me, within their belief system.
Which Christmas... basically is.  I know it's been largely secularized, but it's still Christian, and *should* be.  The author and I would probably stand together against the secularization of Christmas.

I'm a big humbug, though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114536 on: November 29, 2016, 08:33:37 pm »

I am a Christian, and that last bit is exactly how a Christian who is actually committed to Christianity views the world. I want to be more like Christ, he does not in fact consider baseball to be worthy of the level of emotional devotion some people think it is (Spoiler related) and therefore I should just chill out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also of note, I do not expect people who are not of my faith to follow Christmas the way I do. That would be meaningless and actually draw away from what I believe Christmas and Christianity is all about. I also don't understand the problem that some of us Christians have with "Happy Holidays" in December. There are in fact other holidays in December, or so my calendar claims.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114537 on: November 29, 2016, 08:44:13 pm »

I mean, I really don't want to sound petty or preachy (lol) but people do seem to stereotype all Christians as dithering loudmouths without a logical brain cell in their heads. I've met a number of people who simply cannot comprehend that I am a Christian and also don't drool as much as they thought. People who I have known for years and years seem to literally forget and act shocked every time something reminds them.

It's not that hard to reconcile modern science and logic with Christianity. It's not the faith that's the problem, it's the same problem with old folks and new generations and ways of thinking.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114538 on: November 29, 2016, 08:50:51 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Christianity, isn't it the case that:
1. Jesus is in Heaven
2. It's been ~2000 years since Jesus was alive
3. Baseball did not exist when Jesus was alive
4. People in Heaven look down on you (people say they do, anyways)
5. People's opinions and priorities often change over just a few years
6. Therefore, you have no way to know what Jesus might think about baseball or whether he might be rooting for a particular team
7. Besides, if you're rooting for the wrong team, or if rooting for a sports team is some kind of sin, Jesus died for your sins, didn't he?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114539 on: November 29, 2016, 08:53:13 pm »

Yeah, I've read somewhere that the early Church was totally cool with science because 'God wants us to understand the universe' or 'it helps us understand God' or something like that. That is, until science started to upset the status quo.
Pages: 1 ... 7634 7635 [7636] 7637 7638 ... 11037