Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7620 7621 [7622] 7623 7624 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485606 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #114315 on: November 26, 2016, 02:10:48 pm »

I think Sirus sees another opportunity for a party truck delivery.

think gay marriage should not be an enforced right

Why? Can you justify denying the right to marry to folks who love each other but are the same gender? Can you justify it to the people whose right to marry you would be revoking or denying? To people who you know? (you are here, so you know some gay/lesbian/bi/etc people, even if you weren't aware)
Not going to argue about this, beyond a small clarification - I don't think unwilling clergy should go against what they believe. It should be allowed, if accepted by both parties.

Oh, flip sake, ninjas. Whoo.

if you disagree that gay marriage should be an enforced right you don't believe in helping people "no matter their creed, colour, or professed orientation"
Simply a matter of choosing whether I want someone to violate their creed, or someone else to seek out an accepting clergy.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114316 on: November 26, 2016, 02:12:15 pm »

I suspect its due to being incredibly vain and bordering on the narcissistic.  I simply wish to share what is beautiful with the world?

These days Im more of a reflection of my own physical perfection, I could stand to lost 35lbs, but even at 220lbs I am a 32 inch waist.  Im working on the body but my diet is to calorie heavy rn.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114317 on: November 26, 2016, 02:16:55 pm »

Ive also found out Im a bit of an exhibitionist.

Dont tell anyone.
Is that somehow connected to aging or..?

think gay marriage should not be an enforced right

Why? Can you justify denying the right to marry to folks who love each other but are the same gender? Can you justify it to the people whose right to marry you would be revoking or denying? To people who you know? (you are here, so you know some gay/lesbian/bi/etc people, even if you weren't aware)
Aaaaand here we go.
Spoiler: Me RN (click to show/hide)

Now that is a distracting image.

P.S. You, um, don't actually need clergy to get married. The one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114318 on: November 26, 2016, 02:17:19 pm »

whoa hey, don't go dragging me into this conversation DwArfY1
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #114319 on: November 26, 2016, 02:17:36 pm »

Someone I'm having a PM conversation with just got deleted from Bay12forum, and they didn't even show up on the Moderation Log, because they only had 2 posts. I don't knw what they did to make Toady One delete them.

Sock puppet, maybe?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114320 on: November 26, 2016, 02:20:37 pm »

P.S. You, um, don't actually need clergy to get married. The one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other.
Sure. But the ones that don't require clergy also tend not to require the marriage to be forced on someone unwillingly :P
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114321 on: November 26, 2016, 02:21:24 pm »

Actually looks like a girl I knew from College.

One night I got overdrunk and did a push up in front of her and I told her at the base of it that I had the 'hots for her'.  My girlfriend disapproved, as did the girl.

We smoked after and I gave her a hug against her wishes.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114322 on: November 26, 2016, 02:22:00 pm »

Someone I'm having a PM conversation with just got deleted from Bay12forum, and they didn't even show up on the Moderation Log, because they only had 2 posts. I don't knw what they did to make Toady One delete them.
Well, you could always ask.

I'm a right-y in so far as I support tighter immigration laws, think gay marriage should not be an enforced right, and other similar rightist bogeymen. Also, I value the power of tradition and culture more than your typical lefty.

However, I also believe in helping people, no matter their creed, colour, or professed orientation so long as they genuinely need it. I don't believe in indulging people, however, at the expense of a locality's practices or traditions.
Okay, is this more that the government should not be able to deny marriages based on gender or sex, religions can do what they want, is that about right???
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 02:24:37 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114323 on: November 26, 2016, 02:30:22 pm »

Oh, I get what he's saying: clergy shouldn't be forced to perform marriage ceremonies that they believe go against their religion.

But, uh, I don't think I've ever heard of that even being suggested. Civil marriages are a thing, and have been for a long time.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114324 on: November 26, 2016, 02:43:44 pm »

Actually looks like a girl I knew from College.

One night I got overdrunk and did a push up in front of her and I told her at the base of it that I had the 'hots for her'.  My girlfriend disapproved, as did the girl.

We smoked after and I gave her a hug against her wishes.
Are you drunk now, though? You seem to be in some sort of Confession Mode.
Or maybe it's just I'm way too secretive about mildly embarrassing things myself so this sort of openness makes me suspect that you're drunk, I dunno.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114325 on: November 26, 2016, 02:48:27 pm »

Pretty much.

And I've heard people saying that it's insulting that they're made to have civil marriages, they should have the right to a Christian/whatever religion marriage.

I don't know if they understand that in so saying they mean to force clergy into something that goes against their belief, but that would be what would happen.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 02:52:14 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114326 on: November 26, 2016, 02:50:55 pm »

Eh, there are actually clergy who have no problems marrying non-straight couples, too, I believe.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114327 on: November 26, 2016, 02:55:41 pm »

nah.

you should be willing to share experiences.  They are who you are.  And that 'embarrassing story' is a lesson learned.  Especially if you consider failing to be as fun as success.

Buuut, Lets not go overboard.  I wouldnt tell people about truly embarrassing things.

To answer about exhibitionism:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But, secrets should not* be kept because they are embarrassing.  And since the least amount of dissonance with oneself means the greatest happiness, these small things are not something to hide.  They make fun stories, and they speak volumes about you.  Being able to laugh at yourself is important.  Being able to tell an interesting story is important.  Being able to have fun with your own guilt and shame is admirable.

:|  Dont know, Im sure theres many things going into that.

The secrets you keep should be those you dont want to share, not because they will make others laugh at you but more because they are special.  Lifes too short and too many people are walking around to be over-concerned with any scorn from one group.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 02:58:22 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114328 on: November 26, 2016, 02:57:45 pm »

It's more the claim that they have the right to it, and that said claim supersedes the religious figure's religious objection.

If there's no objection raised, then all's good.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114329 on: November 26, 2016, 03:19:00 pm »

you should be willing to share experiences.  They are who you are. 
That's just the thing. I'm not so sure that letting just anybody know who I am is what I'm comfortable with. Not because there's something wrong with being me, it's just that sometimes I just want to hang back and evaluate things a little to see if I feel like making that connection, you know? Not in a judgmental prove-your-worth-to-me-mortal sort of way - it's just that opening up is a decision I consciously make depending on moon phase, bat reproduction rates, atmospheric humidity, that sort of thing.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 7620 7621 [7622] 7623 7624 ... 11037