Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7601 7602 [7603] 7604 7605 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14486130 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #114030 on: November 22, 2016, 10:59:06 am »

Looks like somebody had a duplicate code block.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114031 on: November 22, 2016, 11:01:42 am »

That, or you know 9% more about cars and engines than is traditionally possible in our reality.

...in which case, maybe you should be a multiverse car mechanic?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #114032 on: November 22, 2016, 11:07:29 am »

Looks like somebody had a duplicate code block.

If they're testing questions one by one instead of with a looping structure, they're programming with llamas. I'm not actually sure how you'd make that happen in any sensible language unless you're a llama.

Goddamnit Carl.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #114033 on: November 22, 2016, 11:15:44 am »

At any rate that should go to r/softwaregore/
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114034 on: November 22, 2016, 11:25:39 am »

Actually looks like it mostly worked fine. The question number "9" occurs twice, though. So yes, perhaps a duplicate code block.

If you don't want to have to type out each question manually, use an array. Set the terms of the array to the questions you're asking. Use another array for answers.
Then you can use a loop that repeats 11 times. It'll check the nth term of the first array and output that as the question, then it'll check if the answer was the one used in the second array.

But yes, if taken as not an error, this is quite funny.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114035 on: November 22, 2016, 11:31:27 am »

But that's the thing, you should never have written this in terms of blocks. You should have written a structure that can hold questions, an array of that structure, then populated that array, and then get an iterator to traverse the array if you don't want to bother with bounds.

Going block-by-block is pants-on-head level of bad. It's not extensible, it's not generalizable, and it's just not good programming practice.

#TooMuchDebugging
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114036 on: November 22, 2016, 12:20:18 pm »

> make interceptors to intercept everything with obj_group_enemy_strikecraft_and_torpedoes parent object
> they dont do it
> mess around with other ways
> fail
> rewrite the interception script from beginning
> It works totally as intended
> Object, wtf, I gave you the same code, but two days later you work properly.  :-\

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114037 on: November 22, 2016, 12:20:56 pm »

But that's the thing, you should never have written this in terms of blocks. You should have written a structure that can hold questions, an array of that structure, then populated that array, and then get an iterator to traverse the array if you don't want to bother with bounds.

Going block-by-block is pants-on-head level of bad. It's not extensible, it's not generalizable, and it's just not good programming practice.

#TooMuchDebugging

What do you mean it's not extensible? They can just copy-paste the question block some more and change the variable names. Boom, extended. /s.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114038 on: November 22, 2016, 12:30:14 pm »

#TooMuchDebugging

What do you mean it's not extensible? They can just copy-paste the question block some more and change the variable names. Boom, extended. /s.

You know you're making my eyebrow twitch, right?

PPE: Oh, there's an /s there.

I had something a bit longer written, but, yeah. Triggered. :P
---

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #114039 on: November 22, 2016, 12:53:35 pm »

Pretty sure it is just calling auto mechanics stupid.

Which is pretty stupid. They're practically magicians.
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114040 on: November 22, 2016, 12:55:15 pm »

John the Revelator
Hes a smooth operator
Time we cuttem down to size.

Now Ive got this song in my head as my one of my many bosses is named Jon, and his job is to piss everyone off.  Its all you guyzes fault
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #114041 on: November 22, 2016, 12:59:59 pm »

I'm actually in pain right now. Actual, physical pain. Not because of your post, but still. :p

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #114042 on: November 22, 2016, 01:18:19 pm »

I am also in pain. My dog stepped on my neck when jumping out of bed this morning
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114043 on: November 22, 2016, 01:30:34 pm »

When my dogs were younger they liked to wake me by jumping onto my bed and licking me.
Except I have a tendency to sleep shirtless so they also left several scratch marks on me, so when I got up from bed I'd look like I just had spent the night wrestling an angry ghost.

It also reminds me of the time my girlfriend was going to ruffle my hair early in the morning and ended up poking me straight in the eye with one of her nails. She was also half asleep and didn't notice it, and only found out later when she woke up and found me on the kitchen fetching breakfast with one of my eyes mysteriously closed.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 01:33:02 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

DangerDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114044 on: November 22, 2016, 03:59:02 pm »

So I usually add everyone that invites me on LinkedIn. But I still found it quite strange when I start to get this stream of messages of someone that I don't even know, accusing me of all kinds of really wierd stuff that I did not know that I did. And when I mean wierd I mean really wierd (like accused of making fun of the person on 9gag). So I first ignore all this and then reply that I think its an identity mismatch, but the messages becomes more and from more than one account that I added.

Turns out in the end it is the crazy daughter (who I think has some kind of crush on me) of my next door neighbor thats been making all these fake accounts, also one on facebook (which fortunately I dont really use anymore). I guess ill be a lot more careful who I add in future.
Pages: 1 ... 7601 7602 [7603] 7604 7605 ... 11037