Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7476 7477 [7478] 7479 7480 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14487408 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #112155 on: October 29, 2016, 01:10:21 am »

Eh, I'm not. Presumably there's non-awful redneck towns, too. And by presumably I mean I've been to some. Tend to be what amounts to art enclaves of one sort or another my general region. Pretty nice places, particularly comparatively. Generally fairly welcoming to outsiders, and not in the "only if you don't stay too long and happen to be in the "right" demographics" sense.

Plenty of plenty awful ones, though. Having lived in these damned places all my life I can't actually blame folks to much for having a poor opinion of the joints. Living in them could probably make it worse.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112156 on: October 29, 2016, 02:57:44 am »

I always find the same ratio of assholes regardless of locale. Small towns there's a few of them usually with few places to go be assholes, with few other people around to watch them, big cities there's always a crowd.

Folks from rural areas don't get treated very well in cities either, remember.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #112157 on: October 29, 2016, 03:08:34 am »

1. No backpacks in classes, because there is like one person in a wheelchair at this school how could you be so uncaring?! Yeah, no, I have one minute to get from Astrobiophysics to my dad's car if I want to make it to Speechfund on time. "You can take the half minute to walk to your locker," my ass. My classes are all directly across the school from each other, and I often stay after class to ask more questions. What a rulebreaker I am :P especially since it doesn't even matter, no disabled people are in any of my classes
The fuck do backpacks have with disabled people though? I have a girl with some kind of motor neuron disease in my class and all she needs is someone help her take the stuff out/into the backpack that's hanging from the back of her wheelchair.
2. No hats, because gangsters wear hats, and if I let you guys wear hats, I'd need to let gangsters wear their gang hats. That was his actual point. What the hell, dude.
FEDORAS NEIIGIHHH.
But that is actually a valid rule, though the explanation is bullshit. Not having a hat inside is just a sign of respect and in general is something that people should do.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112158 on: October 29, 2016, 03:08:52 am »

Just being descended from criminals?

Damn right I went there.

/racistasfaaaaaack

sorry

There were always a lot more free settlers than convicts - in the peak immigration year 1851 more free settlers came than in the entire history of convict transportation, for example, and each settlement fleet had more free settlers than convicts anyway. Also, Americans might not have thought through the implications in saying Australians are born criminals: the reason they sent them here is because America stopped importing them. Pot, meet Kettle.

But before laughing at the issue, people should really be aware about what they're laughing at. Basically the British were enslaving poor starving people who'd tried to steal something to eat, especially if they were Irish. Only 2% of all convicts were charged with any sort of violent offense, about 90% were petty property theft, usually food-related. So we're really talking Charles' Dickens "Oliver" type shit here rather than hardened criminals.

http://nomadsworld.com/articles/australia/top-5-famous-convicts-transported-to-australia

Mary Wade - the youngest ever convict to be transported to Australia at the age of 11. Her hideous crime was that she stole another girls clothes and for that she was sentenced to death by hanging. Luckily for her, an issue relating to George III and his mental health meant that all the women on death row had their death sentence changed to living in Australia.
Although a more recent article about an online national database says they found a case of a 9 year old convict.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 03:42:23 am by Reelya »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #112159 on: October 29, 2016, 04:04:42 am »

I dont even know who has sig images, I disabled them so I don't have to worry about them eating my data :v
well now I know who to diss on my sig image.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #112160 on: October 29, 2016, 04:40:25 am »

call me a sus
call me a sleeze
they poison your mind with their disease
I'm your cure
I'm the vaccine
now take your clothes
I'm your washing machine

mmmm  yes, if i get put on leave today its because i was singing.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #112161 on: October 29, 2016, 05:23:23 am »

call me a sus
call me a sleeze
oh goddammit i'm being put on leave
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112162 on: October 29, 2016, 06:27:15 am »

call me a sus
call me a sleaze
why am i covered in dwarven cheese
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #112163 on: October 29, 2016, 08:01:16 am »

what
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #112164 on: October 29, 2016, 08:06:20 am »

call me a pus
call me a sneeze
i am the plague
fuck you

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #112165 on: October 29, 2016, 08:07:43 am »

Nurgle pls go

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112166 on: October 29, 2016, 08:14:53 am »

call me a sus
call me a sleaze
why am i covered in dwarven cheese

I think your avatar makes most of your posts far funnier, but this one... especially so.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #112167 on: October 29, 2016, 08:19:27 am »

Contest of verses
Emerges in a thread
Sadly no haikus
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #112168 on: October 29, 2016, 08:23:20 am »

Contest of verses,
Emerges in this thread,
Sadly no waifus

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #112169 on: October 29, 2016, 08:23:54 am »

Refrigerator
Refrigerator Haiku
Refrigerator

Pages: 1 ... 7476 7477 [7478] 7479 7480 ... 11037