Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7372 7373 [7374] 7375 7376 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14432818 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110595 on: October 07, 2016, 04:35:22 am »

I recall seeing a shotgun with what was essentially a revolver cylinder of four tube magazines. Wasn't lever-action, though. Ran out in the first, clicked it over to the second manually, continued firing, &c. Seemed to actually work smoothly for what looked and sounded like a really bad gimmick.

...I just posted that video.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110596 on: October 07, 2016, 05:31:20 am »

I was trying to think to myself "Would the line down the middle of the room work in real life?"

And I was like "Of COURSE it would... why wouldn't it?... people work together somewhat"

And then I remembered that USUALLY with the whole "Line down the middle" gag it isn't two people who are having trouble trying to come to a solution that would help them live together.

It is usually two people dead set on being antagonistic towards each other... of COURSE a line down the middle wouldn't work because the underlying problem hasn't been resolved and that solution doesn't negate that... in fact it amplifies it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #110597 on: October 07, 2016, 05:51:13 am »

Canada could do as Finland did in 1917 and wait for the parent country to have a revolution, then use the confusion to murder the governor general and nonchalantly ask the parent country's (new) leader to sign the declaration of independence. Somehow, that worked. Probably because the body count was already in the millions and the Emperor didn't want a war of independence on top of it.

Given that the Queen's authority is non-existent, we don't really need to overthrow anything. All the Governor General does is represent the Queen, so they have even less power than she does.

It's all purely ceremonial, I'm just confused as to what weird alternate dimension these guys crawled out of.

Also, we got independence a long time ago. And unlike other countries, we got it just by asking.

Except for the part where what you got wasn't really independence.

There's a reason Norway, when going independent from Sweden in 1908, went and elected their own king and head of state rather than remaining subjects of the Bernadottes'. "Purely ceremonial" stuff matters.

It's also pretty hard to reconciliate your assertions that it is purely ceremonial and yet would still "wreck hell on us".
Love, scriver~

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110598 on: October 07, 2016, 08:07:26 am »

Ceremonials do matter, don't they? I do support the monarchy being around, because it's a nice anchor for national continuity. Plus, it's a technical counter-weight to parliament. The elected officials have all the actual power, but can't have the ceremonial power as well. Having to share at least a part of power with the royal constant keeps it in check, and having to at least play along with established procedures and ceremonies means the radicals can't ignore it entirely. And hey, pomp and circumstance do mean something. It's legitimacy, even if it is just ceremonial legitimacy, and keeping it out of the hands of the officials with actual power is a good idea.

Not to mention, it irritates the Reds. I'd be prepared to oppose abolishment of the monarchy just to deny them the satisfaction, on top of the other reasons.  :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110599 on: October 07, 2016, 11:25:21 am »

I recall seeing a shotgun with what was essentially a revolver cylinder of four tube magazines. Wasn't lever-action, though. Ran out in the first, clicked it over to the second manually, continued firing, &c. Seemed to actually work smoothly for what looked and sounded like a really bad gimmick.

...I just posted that video.
And I watched it long enough ago that I can't even find it in my viewed-history.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110600 on: October 07, 2016, 11:25:42 am »

I just mistook TheBiggerFish's avatar for a fly.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110601 on: October 07, 2016, 11:45:31 am »

I just mistook TheBiggerFish's avatar for a fly.
O_O
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110602 on: October 07, 2016, 12:46:36 pm »

State machines tutorial

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #110603 on: October 07, 2016, 01:38:15 pm »

Has anyone liked a media like say... Westerns...

But a single element that is horrible keeps popping up making you hate that one thing more and more over time until you can just go on and on and on about how much you don't like it to the point where you could fill an entire movie worth if dislike?

Yes. Although for me its Rom-coms that drive me up a wall. Such cheese, very pathetic
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #110604 on: October 07, 2016, 02:33:06 pm »

But a single element that is horrible keeps popping up making you hate that one thing more and more over time until you can just go on and on and on about how much you don't like it to the point where you could fill an entire movie worth if dislike?
No, if I did that I would be left with no media except MEMES

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110605 on: October 07, 2016, 02:34:23 pm »

MEMES are the best media. No bias, only concentrated truth.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110606 on: October 07, 2016, 02:57:58 pm »

Memes injected directly into your eyeballs.

3. Run Resize Enable

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #110607 on: October 07, 2016, 03:01:05 pm »

The moment I saw that I already visited the last link I realized that there is no hope for me anymore.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110608 on: October 07, 2016, 03:06:16 pm »

P O S I T I V E L Y E U P H O R I C

The sooner you accept it the sooner you can let go. Dis de future.

3. Run Resize Enable

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #110609 on: October 07, 2016, 03:14:42 pm »

I've apparently killed a man, left more than half a million more in darkness, and driven Dwarmin from the forums.

I'm... a monster.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 7372 7373 [7374] 7375 7376 ... 11039