Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7361 7362 [7363] 7364 7365 ... 11003

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13653984 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110430 on: October 04, 2016, 04:08:08 pm »

I'm tempted to.

Though where I'd get the music is a problem, and where I'd get the people is a problem.

If you don't have a violin of your own, maybe you can get someone to buy you one, or look for a shitty cheap one to get from someone else.

As for people, put up a notice in a visible spot. If you even get one reply, hey, that's twice the number of people that you had to work with originally, and maybe they know someone else.
No, I own my own instrument.  It's that I don't know where to buy scores.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 04:11:02 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110431 on: October 04, 2016, 04:12:07 pm »

I'm tempted to.

Though where I'd get the music is a problem, and where I'd get the people is a problem.

If you don't have a violin of your own, maybe you can get someone to buy you one, or look for a shitty cheap one to get from someone else.

As for people, put up a notice in a visible spot. If you even get one reply, hey, that's twice the number of people that you had to work with originally, and maybe they know someone else.
'tinternet.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110432 on: October 04, 2016, 04:12:32 pm »

I'm tempted to.

'tinternet.
But I don't have infinite printers.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110433 on: October 04, 2016, 04:25:00 pm »

Did someone murder a clown?
Someone stabbed a teen/young adult to death and left them with a clown mask on their head, iirc. Along those lines. Is news of it floating around somewhere, but can't be arsed to look it up at th'mo.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110434 on: October 04, 2016, 04:26:18 pm »

Surely the library handles B&W printing for a nominal fee, no?

Failing that, write your own. Or play by ear.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110435 on: October 04, 2016, 04:30:13 pm »

Probably, but it's not nominal if it's bulk.

I don't have infinite staff paper either.

And for heaven's sake, there's no way to play an entire symphony by ear.  Even if you had all the parts separated.
Sigtext

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110436 on: October 04, 2016, 04:45:07 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can buy the music online, at least that's what my concert band director does every year. You don't really need infinite printers anyway. However, there's always the money problem.

I'm not entirely sure if that was a joke or not, but you should be able to get around printing scores of sheet music without infinite printers.

Sorry if I'm being dense  :(

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110437 on: October 04, 2016, 04:57:10 pm »

My stepdad's brother's wife recently got a liver transplant, and my stepdad is going on how "someone else" deserved that liver, implying she should just die.

Fuck "sleek" design, give me a god damn disassembly schematic.
Heh, my PC case is specifically a DIY design, meaning all the fans are pretty accessible - the case opens with a latch instead of screws.

As for your mouse, the multi-click is a sign that the mouse is at the end of its life cycle. The glide pads were falling off my mouse, and then the adhesive pad underneath the mouse fell off. I stuck the pad back in, and the glide pad hasn't fallen off since.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110438 on: October 04, 2016, 04:58:32 pm »

Standard is $0.10 per side. $1.00 should get you effectively twenty pages of sheet music/tabs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110439 on: October 04, 2016, 05:01:52 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can buy the music online, at least that's what my concert band director does every year. You don't really need infinite printers anyway. However, there's always the money problem.

I'm not entirely sure if that was a joke or not, but you should be able to get around printing scores of sheet music without infinite printers.

I don't need infinite printers, but I do need to be able to print, well, scores-as-in-multiple-twenties of copies if that gets to any size.  And I don't have very much budget.
Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110440 on: October 04, 2016, 05:14:11 pm »

You can't exactly play a symphony with a couple people either, though, so the playing by ear point might still stand. Better try and figure out what you might play once you get a band together, though.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110441 on: October 04, 2016, 05:14:54 pm »

Yeah.  Assuming it comes to that, even.
Sigtext

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110442 on: October 04, 2016, 06:07:43 pm »

I don't need infinite printers, but I do need to be able to print, well, scores-as-in-multiple-twenties of copies if that gets to any size.  And I don't have very much budget.

Solution: Set up a crowdsource thing (I recommend youcaring or kickstarter depending on how you want to pitch it) explaining the situation (the orchestra where you are is crap so you're going to make your own with black jack and etc) and what the money would be used for.

It could work out.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110443 on: October 04, 2016, 06:21:23 pm »

Slept really weird last night. Vaguely remember waking up a few times, but ended up way oversleeping. Felt hungry and a little weird when I got up, so I took it slow, and had an apple and some tea. 30 minutes later, chills and vomiting into the toilet. My digestive system seems like it's ground to a halt, and I can't poop either.

I haven't even been around other people the last several days, let alone anyone sick. I feel tired, cold, achy, and generally awful, and don't know if the little bits of food I ate since are going to stay down. What the actual hell, body.

P.S. I've got non-existent health coverage, and no easy transportation to get to a clinic, so a Doctor visit would be a costly thing. But fuuuuuuuuuck this.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #110444 on: October 04, 2016, 08:42:56 pm »

So. Uh. A thing happened today in regards to that girl I have a crush on. No specifics--privacy and all that--but anyway: I'm not personally any closer to a relationship, and am frankly confused about what exactly happened, but I think that what were once slim chances are now closer to OK chances.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 7361 7362 [7363] 7364 7365 ... 11003