Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7360 7361 [7362] 7363 7364 ... 11002

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13645745 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110415 on: October 04, 2016, 03:23:59 pm »

What's this about clowns?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110416 on: October 04, 2016, 03:27:56 pm »

Yet another victim of the Honkening.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110417 on: October 04, 2016, 03:28:23 pm »

I wonder this too. Clowns doing shit in a local park ended up in the newspaper the next day, and got a mention on the local radio station. What the fuck is happening and why do people care so much about it? If I go deep enough into the internet will I find a bunch of people organizing the whole thing for shits and giggles, or is 2016's negative qi causing some sort of chaos cult to take shape?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110418 on: October 04, 2016, 03:30:05 pm »

I am remembering when my wife gave birth to our son.

Afterwards we were in the recovery room and "The Grudge" came on TV.

My wife was on enough morphine that she thought the entire movie was absolutely hilarious. She named the creature "Burp Ghost" and couldn't stop laughing.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110419 on: October 04, 2016, 03:32:33 pm »

Orchestra director is asserting that somehow, a stand at the back of the room being raised higher than she would raise it if she was playing (or at least, that's the criterion I'm assuming she's using, because it's obviously not based on things like 'height of the performer') is somehow disruptive to the entire orchestra, blocking my view of the conductor when I would most likely have more trouble seeing her if I was looking down to stomach level to see the music if it was where she wanted it to be, and blocking nonexistent peoples' view because there is nobody behind me for it to block.

She must really want me to quit.

And honestly, I'm half-tempted to oblige her, because this has been a step down in quality from a tiny high-school strings program, to say nothing of the band I also played with.

I almost feel like I could run a better orchestra than this.  Good grief.

Tell them to go fuck themselves and start your own band! Guaranteed way to get to know people, socialize and maybe get some practice in.
I'm tempted to.

Though where I'd get the music is a problem, and where I'd get the people is a problem.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #110420 on: October 04, 2016, 03:33:54 pm »

I wonder this too. Clowns doing shit in a local park ended up in the newspaper the next day, and got a mention on the local radio station. What the fuck is happening and why do people care so much about it? If I go deep enough into the internet will I find a bunch of people organizing the whole thing for shits and giggles, or is 2016's negative qi causing some sort of chaos cult to take shape?
if by that you mean the whole of humanity's collective idiocy coming to a head all at once, and we're all laughing at ourselves and also it's a jumbled mess on a planetary scale because naked monkeys that are meant to live in groups of maybe a hundred at most can't organize themselves effectively at this scale, then yes. Maybe?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110421 on: October 04, 2016, 03:35:08 pm »

I read this as 'the Honkenkrieg'. Probably some sort of evil clown version of the Skeleton War?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110422 on: October 04, 2016, 03:36:01 pm »

I am remembering when my wife gave birth to our son.

Afterwards we were in the recovery room and "The Grudge" came on TV.

My wife was on enough morphine that she thought the entire movie was absolutely hilarious. She named the creature "Burp Ghost" and couldn't stop laughing.
Your son is named Burp Ghost :o
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110423 on: October 04, 2016, 03:38:04 pm »

Posted something about that over in the ameripol thread. States are apparently currently experiencing a clown epidemic.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110424 on: October 04, 2016, 03:40:05 pm »

I read this as 'the Honkenkrieg'. Probably some sort of evil clown version of the Skeleton War?
I like the Honkenkrieg.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110425 on: October 04, 2016, 03:41:46 pm »

... though possibly amusing as some parts may be, there has been a murder related to the stuff already.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110426 on: October 04, 2016, 03:57:38 pm »

... though possibly amusing as some parts may be, there has been a murder related to the stuff already.
That is not good.
Sigtext

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #110427 on: October 04, 2016, 04:00:07 pm »

My ear catches the thread of a commercial...

"We didn't just break the mold... we MADE it!"

What. The. Fuck. How did that line make sense in the writer's head? "We're not just against the establishment, we ARE the establishment!", "We're not just new and interesting, we also wrote the textbook definition of boring!"

Who hires these people?

That is not good.

This would explain why the news that my alma mater was having a 'clown' problem was relevant enough to pass on to me.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110428 on: October 04, 2016, 04:05:02 pm »

I'm tempted to.

Though where I'd get the music is a problem, and where I'd get the people is a problem.

If you don't have a violin of your own, maybe you can get someone to buy you one, or look for a shitty cheap one to get from someone else.

As for people, put up a notice in a visible spot. If you even get one reply, hey, that's twice the number of people that you had to work with originally, and maybe they know someone else.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110429 on: October 04, 2016, 04:06:34 pm »

Did someone murder a clown?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 7360 7361 [7362] 7363 7364 ... 11002