Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7359 7360 [7361] 7362 7363 ... 11002

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13645590 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110400 on: October 04, 2016, 09:33:23 am »

Hurricane whatnow?  :o
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110401 on: October 04, 2016, 10:02:13 am »

God, I fucking hate hardware designers so much. Everything I own, literally everything is impossible to perform maintenance on. These scumsuckers are so obsessed with making the next iPod (also counts for this) that they've completely ruined user-side activities.

Which is how I'm sure their planned obsolescence bullshit wants it. The primary dust collector of computers is the fan, therefore obviously the fan should be accessible, as opposed to having to literally disconnect and disassemble every other component first. Or, more recently, in my quest to unfuck my mouse I've discovered that the screws for the case are "discreetly hidden" under the glide pads. You know, the glide pads that are held on by glue. So now, if I want to get inside my mouse and see if it needs dusting or if I can do anything about this bullshit mutli-click issue, I have to ruin the glide pads.

I know, I just know I will never successfully re-adhere the glide pads if I pull them off. They'll be falling off and causing me bullshit forever if I do this, and I can't even know ahead of time if this will do any good for the clicking problem.

Fuck "sleek" design, give me a god damn disassembly schematic.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:07:58 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #110402 on: October 04, 2016, 10:48:45 am »

The thing is for 1 people who complain about not being able to fix their shit there are 20 more idiots who complain about fucking up their fixes and try to sue them.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110403 on: October 04, 2016, 10:56:42 am »

That's not how it goes, opening anything voids the warranty and makes suing impossible. Which is fine. I have no problem with voiding the warranty I don't have. But we are literally reaching the point where things are being designed such that fixing them requires you to break them. For example, you can't disassemble an iPhone more than a quarter way without basically scraping the screen off.

This shit should be literally illegal.

In good news, I've tried blasting the mouse with compressed air and it mildly reduced the clicking errors, so I'm thinking it's just jammed rather than permanently fucked. I'm fairly certain the adhesive is rubber cement, so I guess I'm going to try that and hope it sticks the pads back on correctly.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110404 on: October 04, 2016, 11:05:24 am »

It also made contemporary sci-fi designs dreadfully boring for a whole. Everything was a white egg with maybe some lights.

I do try to mend my own things, but I'm not particularly good at it. I'm prepared to pay extra to make someone else responsible of fixing it. That's the luxury of pre-baked computers, being able to say that it's someone else's fault. It says more about me that I pay for that particular peace of mind. Still, having the option to mend it is nice, and it's a hell of a lot better than the solution they have in mind; throwing it away and buying a new one. If it's just some dirt in the wrong place or a loose wire or something, there's no need to make it impossible to reach, or make it liable to happen within a few months, for that matter.

That said, the headphones being in bad shape is my own fault. It's fair to assume they weren't designed to be worn while asleep on the floor. Tape does the trick.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110405 on: October 04, 2016, 11:28:25 am »

Hurricane whatnow?  :o
Hurricane Matthew (my first name :P).

Kinda shows that Daytona hasn't really had any major storms like this in a decade.   Just casually tried togo to the store to buy a couple extra D batteries just in case.

3 stores and over an hour later I just bought new led flashlights that don't need such big batteries.   I'm convinced there isn't a single D battery left on shelves in the county, maybe the state.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #110406 on: October 04, 2016, 12:41:15 pm »

Youtube keeps doing this really annoying thing where it'll start up the video and then restart the audio after about half a second, leaving the audio desynced. Refreshing the page usually fixes it, but I'd rather it just worked right from the start.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110407 on: October 04, 2016, 02:32:52 pm »

Orchestra director is asserting that somehow, a stand at the back of the room being raised higher than she would raise it if she was playing (or at least, that's the criterion I'm assuming she's using, because it's obviously not based on things like 'height of the performer') is somehow disruptive to the entire orchestra, blocking my view of the conductor when I would most likely have more trouble seeing her if I was looking down to stomach level to see the music if it was where she wanted it to be, and blocking nonexistent peoples' view because there is nobody behind me for it to block.

She must really want me to quit.

And honestly, I'm half-tempted to oblige her, because this has been a step down in quality from a tiny high-school strings program, to say nothing of the band I also played with.

I almost feel like I could run a better orchestra than this.  Good grief.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #110408 on: October 04, 2016, 03:07:20 pm »

Clowns are invading my University campus.

Dorms have been locked down at times. Clowns creepily staring through windows and peepholes on exterior doors.

Apparently they're on campus right this moment, and I think I saw one earlier in an alley.

I have to walk 20 minutes to my car alone, please send help D:
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #110409 on: October 04, 2016, 03:08:05 pm »

Probably ICP's anti-intellectualism shit
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110410 on: October 04, 2016, 03:11:04 pm »

Why are people not punching these clowns.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110411 on: October 04, 2016, 03:16:11 pm »

Orchestra director is asserting that somehow, a stand at the back of the room being raised higher than she would raise it if she was playing (or at least, that's the criterion I'm assuming she's using, because it's obviously not based on things like 'height of the performer') is somehow disruptive to the entire orchestra, blocking my view of the conductor when I would most likely have more trouble seeing her if I was looking down to stomach level to see the music if it was where she wanted it to be, and blocking nonexistent peoples' view because there is nobody behind me for it to block.

She must really want me to quit.

And honestly, I'm half-tempted to oblige her, because this has been a step down in quality from a tiny high-school strings program, to say nothing of the band I also played with.

I almost feel like I could run a better orchestra than this.  Good grief.

Tell them to go fuck themselves and start your own band! Guaranteed way to get to know people, socialize and maybe get some practice in.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110412 on: October 04, 2016, 03:17:48 pm »

If you give me the location of a clown I will come punch it for you.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #110413 on: October 04, 2016, 03:18:26 pm »

Why are people not punching these clowns.
Apparently one of the local Frats went out in a couple pickup trucks and hunted down the clowns, or tried to.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #110414 on: October 04, 2016, 03:20:16 pm »

It's all fun and games until the clowns whip out chainsaws.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 7359 7360 [7361] 7362 7363 ... 11002