Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7269 7270 [7271] 7272 7273 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14477253 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109050 on: September 09, 2016, 12:52:13 am »

I've been having weird dreams. I don't usually dream at all, but now I'm dreaming every day... and they are suprisingly coherent, and I can actually remember them a fair bit. A few days ago I dreamt that someone walked in my room. Like, I dreamed that I was in bed, and someone opened my door, walked in, and stared at me for a second (I thought it was one of my roommates). The spooky thing, though, was that I was already half-awake at this point, so I pulled myself out of bed, terrified.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #109051 on: September 09, 2016, 01:35:16 am »

My poor dog. These kittens that have been abandoned by their mother are trying to nurse from my dog. All she can do is get away from them, or grumble and whine until I come over and haul them off.

These guys are too old to be nursing, they should be weened but apparently their mother thinks that means slapping and hissing at them whenever they come near her, so now they want a new mom. How the fuck am I supposed to deal with this? We've had mothers dump their kittens before, but there was another female cat who adopted them. Their grandmother, in fact. My dog is fixed, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109052 on: September 09, 2016, 02:42:40 am »

A journalist tweeted about being stuck in an Amtrak elevator, and got a customer service reply 7 months later: "sorry to hear that, are you still stuck in the elevator?"

Sounds like a customer service screw up at the company. But then you read the fine print in the article: she forgot to add any hashtags related to the company, so the tweet was literally to nobody.

And you though Japan worshipped lolis:
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/home/interiors/the-sevenyearold-goddess-that-isnt-allowed-to-leave-her-home-until-she-reaches-puberty/news-story/a1c04fe889f473835bc1141a02a68b39

In Nepal they have actual loli goddesses.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 02:49:36 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109053 on: September 09, 2016, 02:59:23 am »

In Nepal they have actual loli goddesses.

I don't think Loli just means "12 and under"... I think it means something a bit different

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109054 on: September 09, 2016, 03:08:39 am »

It's a person who looks underage, but actually isn't.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

saigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109055 on: September 09, 2016, 04:54:26 am »

It can mean all of those things depending on the context.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109056 on: September 09, 2016, 04:55:58 am »

It means people with good taste in clothing.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109057 on: September 09, 2016, 07:45:18 am »

We ... present a new algorithm, OBLIVION,
It's not as awesome as it sounds.
._.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109058 on: September 09, 2016, 08:00:34 am »

The Elder Scrolls: Euclid
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #109059 on: September 09, 2016, 10:54:27 am »

I was feeling very sick after eating some top ramen. I had a Pepsi and it made me feel better.

Pepsi usually makes me feel sick. What the hell?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109060 on: September 09, 2016, 10:57:31 am »

Why are you drinking Pepsi if it normally makes you fell bad? :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109061 on: September 09, 2016, 11:18:00 am »

bottom ramen
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109062 on: September 09, 2016, 11:18:33 am »

I was feeling very sick after eating some top ramen. I had a Pepsi and it made me feel better.

Pepsi usually makes me feel sick. What the hell?
It killed the thing that was making you sick. It's like chemotherapy en miniature.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109063 on: September 09, 2016, 11:20:40 am »

Why are you drinking Pepsi if it normally makes you fell bad? :P
Pepsi for tv game
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #109064 on: September 09, 2016, 03:15:58 pm »

So, I was playing Anchorhead.

You know, Anchorhead...?

Classic text adventure game...?

I have no friends Anyway! I was playing it, and it's very heavily inspired/directly in the world of the Master of Madness himself, HP Lovecraft. So naturally weird shits going down

So, my character climbed into a  well. So far, the games only had suggestive horror I.e. Whispered tales, drunks talking about things the locals won't talk about, M.C. HP's bread and butter, Yaknow?

Anyway, climbed into a well, and this is what the description read

In The Well
The sky is a dim circle of light far above you. The stone walls close in on you on all sides, and the air is clammy and frigid. The faint odor of decay drifts from the floor; the smell of a trapped animal decomposing under the back porch.

(So, at this time I'm thinking, cool, another dark and creepy place for me to poke around in. Then I read the next sentence)
"You are standing knee deep in a rattling jumble of childrens bones

And this is where the description ends. No explanation, no further horror cliches. Just that single, matter-of-fact statement. It scared the shit outta me. I mean, this games (and HPs) entire premise is subtle horror, fear that is palpable but not quite confirmed. So now, when they finally get to the real dirty business, in such an unexpected place, at such an early time, in such a factual way... Jesus. Additionally, the sentence that was the kicker was desperate from the main paragraph. You thought that it was going to be something besides description, like one of the random sounds or events that generally happen to make the game feel real. May not seem so bad here, but man did it sucker-punch me when I first read it.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 7269 7270 [7271] 7272 7273 ... 11037