Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7261 7262 [7263] 7264 7265 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471965 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #108930 on: September 06, 2016, 04:55:34 pm »

But I don't rightly know, since horse-riding is cruel, and it's a stupid "sport" open only to folk with too much money, so there's that.
POE'S LAW, POE'S LAW, POE'S LAW.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's not even open only to folk with too much money, I mean, right, keeping a horse does cost money, but I know people who earn jackshit and still have them. Sure, you aren't getting to top with horse that has not been bred for performance and without training since childhood, but what's the difference between that and the rest of Olympics?

The rest of the Olympics doesn't involve forcing an animal to perform for peoples' amusement.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #108931 on: September 06, 2016, 05:30:06 pm »

RUN! RUN! It's an animal rights nutjob! :P
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108932 on: September 06, 2016, 05:34:18 pm »

I WILL FREE 'EM AND THEN THERE'LL BE POOP EVERYWHERE AND I WON'T CLEAN IT UP AHAHAHAHA.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #108933 on: September 06, 2016, 05:42:33 pm »

An animal rights nutjob with a sense of humor? Now I have seen it all, I will die happy.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108934 on: September 06, 2016, 05:49:09 pm »

Nah I just have opinions. I'm against animal cruelty, but cruelty is subjective to some extent.

I'm also a massive hypocrite, but don't tell anyone.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108935 on: September 06, 2016, 06:07:22 pm »

I'll fight for that horse's right to become a delicious piece of jerky.

Seriously though, horseflesh is delicious.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108936 on: September 06, 2016, 06:10:29 pm »

hector13 confirmed to hate reality TV. Wait, you're talking about actual animals?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108937 on: September 06, 2016, 06:14:18 pm »

Reality TV is awful.

I don't mind animals for food. Meat is good.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108938 on: September 06, 2016, 06:17:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh, I know exactly what that memes. And it memes I wasn't sure if you're insane, but apparently you are.

The rest of the Olympics doesn't involve forcing an animal to perform for peoples' amusement.
By the Emperor, have you ever been near a horse? Forcing? Good fucking luck forcing an horse to do shit for you, especially such difficult stuff you have at Olympics. You'd lose the Olympic and possibly even your health because the horse would murder the fuck out of you if you were evil murderous overlord. Horses are half tonne mountains of muscle, equipped with hard hooves and pretty nasty bite... and the guy who supposedly is forcing it to do stuff? He's on top of it, in pretty unstable saddle with a piece of string to hold himself onto (not really effective really, the reins aren't made for that) and keep two wobbly sticks to put his boots in.
I mean, fuck, right, there is proably some pain and pushing the limits but it doesn't really differ from what human athletes do (but you would be far from reality if you thought it was only on the horse, competetive riding (and actually riding at all) is, pretty suprisingly actually (I had no idea either before) fucking exhausting) and the horse is fucking fine. The relationship between the rider and the horse is usually more of companionship, those aren't really random horses. Most of them have grown up with their riders (God Emperor, if I had someone to talk to me as people talk to their horses...) and if the horses are provided by the competition (which I honestly have never heard of, but that might be a thing on high-level ones) they proably are treated way better than their riders anyways.

Goddamnit, as a Pole (I wish we got our equestrian traditions back and running strong) and someone who rides horses I am literally personally offended by the idea that riding on horses is somehow cruel. Fuck, usually it's the horse that wants to ride around more than the human (who doesn't really have that much time while horses basically only have one thing they do for enjoyment, which is PRANCING AROUND HAPPILY BECAUSE THEY ARE HAPPY TO RUN AND THE DUDES ON THEIR BACKS GIVE THEM APPLES THEY LIKE APPLES THEY LIKE PRANCING THEY LIKE THE DUDES. LIFE IS GREAT) I mean, right, if you make it cruel but I am very fucking sure that would not go unnoticed by either the horse or the overseeing organizations and the rider would be punished.

Also, technically, humans are animals too and I could point at a few countries where winning at the Olympics is quite literally a matter of life and death, so... proably there are countries where they treat horses with cruelty, but they proably also do the same thing with humans *COUGH* china *COUGH COUGH*.
I'll fight for that horse's right to become a delicious piece of jerky.

Seriously though, horseflesh is delicious.
Aaaand that's something I don't really approve of. Only mongoloid barbarians eat their horses, civilized Winged Hussars care for them, buy them armour and then fuck mongoloids in ass with lances because mongoloids ate all their horses. Though if the horse is already dead/dying and you're really hungry I suppose it's acceptable. But killing horses just for the meat because it tastes good? Fuck. No.
Especially if the horse in question is going to be made into fucking wieners as it's customary when they are sold to butcher shops. Throw a whole horse, some other random animals and plastic in, sasuages come out. Not even a dime of respect.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108939 on: September 06, 2016, 06:24:38 pm »

Mongols ran a bigger empire than Poland ever did.

Meat is meat. Horses are just inefficient at being meat.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108940 on: September 06, 2016, 06:25:32 pm »

Eh, horses are stupid anyway. Donkeys are the superior species.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108941 on: September 06, 2016, 06:31:44 pm »

Donkeys are prob not as delicious.

Anyway, horseflesh is very special, akin to a very lean, premium beef, and surprisingly cheap depending on how you get it.
Some people say they can't tell the difference between beef and horse.
Some people are complete mongrels >:U

And the only horsepeople I have some fondness of are magyars, mongols be damned with their sour milk drinking ways.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108942 on: September 06, 2016, 06:36:54 pm »

Mongols ran a bigger empire than Poland ever did.
Empire of fucking steppes, deserts and a lot of fucking nothing. And once we got the cavalry thing going we cut them down like wheat. THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVE!

Eh, horses are stupid anyway. Donkeys are the superior species.
You're an ass.

And the only horsepeople I have some fondness of are magyars, mongols be damned with their sour milk drinking ways.
Magyars are okay horsepeople they gave us Hussars and we made Winged Hussars.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108943 on: September 06, 2016, 07:04:43 pm »

I challenge you Kot.

Go find a wild horse and ride it, see how much it likes it. Feed it an apple if you like.

Once you get out the hospital, you can tell us how it went.

I find it difficult to accept that it's not cruel to sit atop a horse with 100lbs+ of weight as a person, plus however much the equipment weighs and essentially demand it does things by pulling its head about and squeezing it's ribs, then keep it in a box 'til the next time.

The fact the horse has to be taught to be comfortable doing these things should tell you something. Perhaps that when you point a finger at someone questioning their sanity, there are four others pointing back at you :P cheeky mare.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108944 on: September 06, 2016, 07:09:51 pm »

That effectively describes the life of a human cubicle worker. The main difference is that I don't get fed for it.

I even have to haul 100lb of stuff home, all the time.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 07:13:05 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 7261 7262 [7263] 7264 7265 ... 11037