Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7191 7192 [7193] 7194 7195 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463969 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107880 on: August 16, 2016, 08:50:41 pm »

Tack confirmed as self-aware AI.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107881 on: August 16, 2016, 08:52:37 pm »

Elves are British.  Everyone knows this.

Keep prancing about on your island, you fairies.  Keep using your longbows and walking around witha stick for a weapon.  All one with nature.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107882 on: August 16, 2016, 09:26:25 pm »

Well who knows in a sneak attack the relative silence of a bunch of longbowmen in an ambush situation could do some harm.  Soldiers aren't really covered head to toe in platemail anymore, and while kevlar will stop an arrow just fine, a salvo will find enough unprotected flesh just fine.

Those same guys would probably still be far more effective by launching small bits of metal at supersonic speeds with the power of rapid oxidation though.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107883 on: August 16, 2016, 09:33:22 pm »

I had a dream that I was spending the night at toady's house, and we were messing around with worldgen code.

I also installed and aftermarket cpu cooler into his computer for reasons.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #107884 on: August 16, 2016, 09:37:02 pm »

I had a dream that I was spending the night at toady's house, and we were messing around with worldgen code.

I also installed and aftermarket cpu cooler into his computer for reasons.
Clearly a divine message showing you a quest you must undertake.

Anyway, Bot!Teneb would probably be indistinguishable from the real deal. Have I said I'm a human today?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107885 on: August 16, 2016, 09:47:48 pm »

We need a Bay12 Twitter bot that attempts to replicate Bay 12 posts. Preferably with settings for emulating specific people.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107886 on: August 16, 2016, 09:50:33 pm »

Grumble grumble. 

I think a standard work day should be 6 hours instead of 8 hours.  I always feel like I burn out and lose most of my productivity in the last few hours.
However, people do better if they work longer days with a 4 day work week than shorter days on a 5 day work week.

Obviously won't apply to everyone, but generally...
I think people are better about taking breaks as necessary with longer work days
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107887 on: August 16, 2016, 10:13:32 pm »

Grumble grumble. 

I think a standard work day should be 6 hours instead of 8 hours.  I always feel like I burn out and lose most of my productivity in the last few hours.
However, people do better if they work longer days with a 4 day work week than shorter days on a 5 day work week.

Obviously won't apply to everyone, but generally...
I think people are better about taking breaks as necessary with longer work days

There's an obvious end result: People work for 3/4 of the year, then party/rest/eat/drink for the other 1/4.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 11:10:30 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #107888 on: August 16, 2016, 10:37:49 pm »

I think businesses are better at stopping people from taking breaks with longer work days

Considering breaks are good for sanity and health and whatnot, giving them less rope to hang people with sounds pretty a'ight.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107889 on: August 16, 2016, 11:08:46 pm »

im more in favor of quotas than you get x breaks for y hours.

but then again, i consider myself competent, a fast/diligent worker, and most importantly ive never been burmed by this stance.  i suspect with an unreasonable quota i would
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107890 on: August 17, 2016, 12:06:50 am »

Why little in the way of punctuation?

Anyhow, work is kinda nonsense. People are to be expected to work half their waking adult life. Bit shit.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #107891 on: August 17, 2016, 02:13:21 am »

Well who knows in a sneak attack the relative silence of a bunch of longbowmen in an ambush situation could do some harm.  Soldiers aren't really covered head to toe in platemail anymore, and while kevlar will stop an arrow just fine, a salvo will find enough unprotected flesh just fine.
It's not quite the same thing, but from what I hear, some Chinese police special units use crossbows to take down suspected suicide bombers without triggering their explosives.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107892 on: August 17, 2016, 02:19:43 am »

Arrows like knives actually go through kevlar pretty easily... And helmets too. Steel and ceramic plates do stop them though.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107893 on: August 17, 2016, 02:46:08 am »

It's not quite the same thing, but from what I hear, some Chinese police special units use crossbows to take down suspected suicide bombers without triggering their explosives.
Wouldn't a crossbow bolt do just as much collateral damage as a bullet? If even more?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107894 on: August 17, 2016, 03:05:36 am »

Crossbow bolts have more mass than a bullet, but move at much lower velocity, so ultimately they are less destructive.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 7191 7192 [7193] 7194 7195 ... 11040