Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7137 7138 [7139] 7140 7141 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14483642 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107070 on: August 03, 2016, 08:44:41 pm »

So people know when it's polite to laugh.

I know I am kind of prancing around this because believe it or not people in groups is a huge and interesting topic and I don't think people want to listen to a long lecture.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107071 on: August 03, 2016, 08:45:22 pm »

So people know when it's polite to laugh.

I know I am kind of prancing around this because believe it or not people in groups is a huge and interesting topic and I don't think people want to listen to a long lecture.

That's what spoilers are for ;)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107072 on: August 03, 2016, 08:47:54 pm »

Also when have you EVER been bashful about throwing your point of view down on the table and glaring at anybody else who so much as comes near it.

Although everything you have said so far has basically been a repeat of every point made on the previous pages of this discussion.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107073 on: August 03, 2016, 10:25:45 pm »

In the Ender's game series, I think the Buggers said it was the opposite. An individual only had a very low chance of advancing the species, but as a spicies as a whole, they slowly got "smarter"
Thing is that everything that comes after the plot twist in Ender's Game is kind of crap. The twist itself is incredible, but the... I guess the epilogue is just bad.

Meh, its not like Orson Scott Card actualy kept writing after that point. There's a huge and rather accepted rumor that he got freelance writers to continue writing the books later, and when people started noticing he just kind of stopped and never even got back to his series. Its not like he's a great sci fi writer anyway, the whole premise of Ender's Game is kind of lol when you think about it, and what keeps it interesting is the whole nature of the buggers rather than ender, who's kind of an uninteresting character. Once the twist hits, the plot kind of runs out of fuel.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107074 on: August 03, 2016, 10:35:47 pm »

...Nnnno, I'm pretty sure it's easier to dupe one person than a group of people each with their own way of thinking.

That is kind of the thing with people when they are part of groups. They subvert their own way of thinking.

It is the glory of being a herd animal.
But.
But we don't though. People argue in groups, frequently. No one can ever decide things. This is why we created democracy.
Every individual in the democracy argued with every other individual? Factions and subsections never form, each with their own unique hatreds and prejudices and ignorance?

Groups come in many sizes.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107075 on: August 03, 2016, 10:57:16 pm »

Also when have you EVER been bashful about throwing your point of view down on the table and glaring at anybody else who so much as comes near it.

Although everything you have said so far has basically been a repeat of every point made on the previous pages of this discussion.

Because I am trying to hint at what I am talking about since it is common knowledge.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107076 on: August 03, 2016, 10:58:00 pm »

...Nnnno, I'm pretty sure it's easier to dupe one person than a group of people each with their own way of thinking.
People read Twilight.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107077 on: August 03, 2016, 10:59:14 pm »

People read Twilight.

Unfortunately... Twilight is actually one... of the better books of its genre.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107078 on: August 03, 2016, 11:00:14 pm »

People read Twilight.

Unfortunately... Twilight is actually one... of the better books of its genre.
As a fan of Suzie Stackhouse, fite me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107079 on: August 03, 2016, 11:05:42 pm »

Ok, well I see your Suzie Stackhouse and I raise you... Tiger's Curse.

Meet the actual bottom of the barrel :P

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107080 on: August 03, 2016, 11:47:37 pm »

Not sure if this goes here or in the terrified thread, but I nearly/just about passed out today.

I'll get dizzy spells if I stand up from sitting down sometimes, and usually I'll just slump against a wall or door and wait for it to go away. Usually hits around 15-20 seconds after I get up, lasts about 5-10, and then I'm good. Today, I was getting out of the car, and had one. So I let myself lie on the car to try to wait it out, I'm thinking about some things, and then I'm vaguely aware of it being pleasantly dark, and nice patterns, and still mostly just thinking about things. And then mom tells me to get off the ground, as she's coming back from the mailbox.

So I guess I slid off the car, through our Japanese Maple's branches, and onto the ground, without noticing.

This is a very new and unsettling experience for me, and I have no idea why it went this far this time, particularly since we were coming back from dinner and ice cream, so my blood pressure should be fine.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #107081 on: August 04, 2016, 12:46:22 am »

Yeah, you might want to see a doctor if you're passing out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107082 on: August 04, 2016, 12:49:40 am »

Yeah, you might want to see a doctor if you're passing out.
^^^
Yeah, seriously, that can't be good.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107083 on: August 04, 2016, 01:04:39 am »

I mean, I'm not sure if it's actually passing out, since I've never passed out before, and I felt mostly conscious the whole time. It was like falling asleep in fast-forward, basically, but never reaching full sleep. Just really heavily in that partially awake 'story mode'.

Not noticing the falling down bit was unpleasant, though.

I have a doctor's appointment before the end of the month, though, so I should be decent.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107084 on: August 04, 2016, 01:09:29 am »

It still can't be good.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7137 7138 [7139] 7140 7141 ... 11037