Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7136 7137 [7138] 7139 7140 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14482042 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107055 on: August 03, 2016, 07:53:11 pm »

I'm 95% certain that some people will subscribe to certain channels merely to dislike everything on that channel and post negative comments.

DSP?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107056 on: August 03, 2016, 07:56:43 pm »

Anybody popular, really. The more popular you get, the more people there are going to be among the crowd that want to fling feces at you to see if they can actually hit.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107057 on: August 03, 2016, 08:01:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well sorry to say this xkcd... but the phrase goes

"A person is smart, people are stupid" :P

But I guess your pandering works better then knowing what people mean.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107058 on: August 03, 2016, 08:03:17 pm »

In the Ender's game series, I think the Buggers said it was the opposite. An individual only had a very low chance of advancing the species, but as a spicies as a whole, they slowly got "smarter"
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107059 on: August 03, 2016, 08:12:29 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #107060 on: August 03, 2016, 08:14:23 pm »

In the Ender's game series, I think the Buggers said it was the opposite. An individual only had a very low chance of advancing the species, but as a spicies as a whole, they slowly got "smarter"
Thing is that everything that comes after the plot twist in Ender's Game is kind of crap. The twist itself is incredible, but the... I guess the epilogue is just bad.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107061 on: August 03, 2016, 08:14:49 pm »

"A person is smart, people are dumb" is about well... Hector pretty much hit it right in the head.

Most people cannot be duped directly... but can be duped as a group.

It isn't that a single person is smarter then a group of people in a literal way.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107062 on: August 03, 2016, 08:20:44 pm »

...Nnnno, I'm pretty sure it's easier to dupe one person than a group of people each with their own way of thinking.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107063 on: August 03, 2016, 08:23:08 pm »

...Nnnno, I'm pretty sure it's easier to dupe one person than a group of people each with their own way of thinking.

That is kind of the thing with people when they are part of groups. They subvert their own way of thinking.

It is the glory of being a herd animal.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 08:24:39 pm by Neonivek »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #107064 on: August 03, 2016, 08:30:56 pm »

Please, it's pack animal. Herds are for prey.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107065 on: August 03, 2016, 08:33:26 pm »

Yeah, if we're a pack, that means we get to maul things, like that teacher.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107066 on: August 03, 2016, 08:35:20 pm »

That is kind of the thing with people when they are part of groups. They subvert their own way of thinking.

But.
But we don't though. People argue in groups, frequently. No one can ever decide things. This is why we created democracy.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107067 on: August 03, 2016, 08:36:33 pm »

I do believe it takes just 4 people in a group for individuals to start going along with the rest of the group. It might be the research into the groupthink thing that found that...

Basically the experiment was a group of three confederates (folk working with the researcher, but ostensibly part of the experiment) and one subject. They were given a decision to make, and the three confederates generally agreed to the most sub-optimal thing, which the subject went along with.

They did find, though, that if one of the confederate a raised an issue with the decision (usually that it was a shit decision) then that gave the subject more confidence to actually come out and say what they were thinking.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107068 on: August 03, 2016, 08:37:46 pm »

But.
But we don't though. People argue in groups, frequently. No one can ever decide things. This is why we created democracy.

You never watched an unfunny sitcom and noticed that it had a laugh track? Ever wonder why? :P

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #107069 on: August 03, 2016, 08:42:35 pm »

So people know when it's polite to laugh.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 7136 7137 [7138] 7139 7140 ... 11037