Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7126 7127 [7128] 7129 7130 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14482010 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #106905 on: July 31, 2016, 07:34:33 am »

... man, what did that groundhog do to you, anyway?

And what kind of american are you to kill it with a shovel instead of a bullet!?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #106906 on: July 31, 2016, 07:43:44 am »

And what kind of american are you to kill it with a shovel instead of a bullet!?

It lived under the porch of the uninhabited house across the street, and my dog's been stalking it for a while. Two nights ago, she caught it and played with it for a while, until it was clear it wasn't up for playing much more, and she left it to go for a walk with my dad, leaving me to put it out of its misery. Ideally I'd have shot it, but we live on a boarding school campus (and the uninhabited house is on the campus, too), so using a gun is a good way to get my dad fired.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #106907 on: July 31, 2016, 07:55:44 am »

"Well i'll put on some downloads and video conversions so I can focus on coding instead of being tempted by games"

* miauw62 spends 2 hours reproducing and reporting a bug in the video conversion program

WHOOPS

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106908 on: July 31, 2016, 08:03:57 am »

It's been 2 pages since I last checked in on this thread and it's somehow more WTF.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106909 on: July 31, 2016, 08:07:34 am »

Ideally I'd have shot it, but we live on a boarding school campus (and the uninhabited house is on the campus, too), so using a gun is a good way to get my dad fired.
Ah. School. That explains it. Ruddy liberal agenda stopping god-fearing americans from exercising their right to murder wildlife properly. If it's not yet obvious, this is a joke. It is only a joke.
Ask not!
Ask!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106910 on: July 31, 2016, 08:17:27 am »

Spotted a Trump bumper sticker on a Prius.
Tears of mirth at this.
Although I don't know Trump's policy on climate change, or rising oil prices.
... Or really anything other than Mexican walls, now I think of it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106911 on: July 31, 2016, 08:21:28 am »

Chinese hoax and threaten them into giving better prices respectively, apparently. E: Seems to have later claimed the Chinese part was a joke. On record quite a lot calling it a hoax, though.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 08:25:51 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #106912 on: July 31, 2016, 08:23:55 am »

Flapped his arms, possibly?
I'm not sure if you're joking, but that's probably it, actually. While humans don't have the 'wingspan' to truly glide, a body has enough surface area for a small amount of air control. At that height, that small amount is enough to aim the fall by moving limbs around and twisting one's body to adjust its air resistance. In the video, you can see Aikins and his team do it to move around in relation to each other.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106913 on: July 31, 2016, 08:40:05 am »

Ideally I'd have shot it, but we live on a boarding school campus (and the uninhabited house is on the campus, too), so using a gun is a good way to get my dad fired.
Ah. School. That explains it. Ruddy liberal agenda stopping god-fearing americans from exercising their right to murder wildlife properly. If it's not yet obvious, this is a joke. It is only a joke.
Seriously though, if your pet mauls a small animal but leaves it (barely) alive and you don't mercy-kill it, you're a sick bastard.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106914 on: July 31, 2016, 08:42:26 am »

To be fair, placing the point of the shovel blade against the groundhog's neck, and pressing down with your foot(as if digging a hole) will very easily and quickly sever the spine, possibly full decap.

If you use a gun, and miss an instant-kill shot, you either have to waste another bullet or let it die in agony.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #106915 on: July 31, 2016, 09:06:54 am »

To be fair, placing the point of the shovel blade against the groundhog's neck, and pressing down with your foot(as if digging a hole) will very easily and quickly sever the spine, possibly full decap.

If you use a gun, and miss an instant-kill shot, you either have to waste another bullet or let it die in agony.

Ah, duly noted...I just sort of kept whacking it...when my dog gets squirrels, that's usually sufficient, but groundhogs are tougher.

I did give it something of a proper burial, though, so there's that.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106916 on: July 31, 2016, 09:25:28 am »

Basically my rule of thumb for animals is to leave them alone. There's always the chance that they'll survive through luck and grit and become the rugged mascot of the suburbs, in which case they've earned a non-pest status through their perseverance.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:44:19 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106917 on: July 31, 2016, 09:37:15 am »

my not-girlfriend
Sorry for asking, but what is a not-girlfriend?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106918 on: July 31, 2016, 09:39:29 am »

my not-girlfriend
Sorry for asking, but what is a not-girlfriend?
Like a girlfriend, but not.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106919 on: July 31, 2016, 09:40:37 am »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7126 7127 [7128] 7129 7130 ... 11037