Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7057 7058 [7059] 7060 7061 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457732 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #105870 on: July 12, 2016, 05:37:27 pm »

Well, its not the game developers responsibility to create 'pokemon free' zones, is it?
And while I suppose they could remove it, and likely would if this gets more publicity, should they?  Should national museums and shrines/monuments get a pass?

Arent there supposed to be ghost pokemons in a literal tower dedicated to dead pets?
Dont literal pokegods live in cemeteries?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105871 on: July 12, 2016, 05:45:33 pm »

Probably because the museum is not just "some area" but a special node that's important in game.
It's pretty much like dropping several arcade machines in the middle of that museum and frankly a museum dedicated to attempted genocide is pretty low on my list of "Places people can play games without being seen as an asshole."
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105872 on: July 12, 2016, 05:49:37 pm »

so you think it should be removed?

This is one of those examples of a new case.  Its like cell phones or loud music, but its much more than that.

Would it be okay if they had a private room where kids (adults) could hang out if they didnt want to accpompany their parents?  Like a childwatch service?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #105873 on: July 12, 2016, 05:56:42 pm »

It's pretty much like dropping several arcade machines in the middle of that museum and frankly a museum dedicated to attempted genocide is pretty low on my list of "Places people can play games without being seen as an asshole."
Yeah I was really quite surprised about how this view was not entirely self evident

You can argue that putting pokemon in museums, mausoleums and monuments is getting people to visit places of cultural significance and to connect with the past, but you'd have to ignore that people are going to these places for pokemon tourism, not to pay their respects
Or perhaps they did show up to pay their respects, then decided playing pokemon go would be the best way to show respects and really show they care

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105874 on: July 12, 2016, 05:57:48 pm »

You cant give the pokemon devs a legal obligation to remove it.

Well, you can, but I mean thats the slipperiest slope ive ever seen.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #105875 on: July 12, 2016, 05:59:56 pm »

Who said anything about that? It's just a clever little scheme to get people collecting more information to sell, there's nothing to ban. Just use common sense and don't let Pokemon Go consume you to the point where the only thing stopping you from playing Pokemon Go in a holocaust museum is someone else stopping you

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105876 on: July 12, 2016, 06:02:23 pm »

I saw the daughter of the owner of the local deli walking around on the sidewalk next to the route trying to catch pokemon.

I dont think the mechanic itself is safe, and I think that it will take a few injuries/fatalities before it gets (heavily) regulated in some fashion.
PKs DF Mod!

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105877 on: July 12, 2016, 06:07:59 pm »

Well, you can, but I mean thats the slipperiest slope ive ever seen.
No, but Niantic should have a petition option if they don't already. That way, Business or Other Place can spend 5 minutes sending them an email to the effect of "hey, we would be very grateful if you would remove our coordinates as a Special Game Place, as it's detrimental to us". Then Niantic can consider the facts or toss a coin or whatever, and say sure or nah. Seems reasonable.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #105878 on: July 12, 2016, 06:14:41 pm »

Also if the network becomes valuable enough, pay them to house important pokemon at the watering hole to drive interest in an integrated consumer marketing campaign

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105879 on: July 12, 2016, 06:20:38 pm »

Well I mean an opt-out service would be polite.  Its all gps based anyway, from what I gather.

But while pokemon might offer that, the ripoffs this kind of thing eventually spawns will likely lack the interest/budget/ethical sensativity to.

I dont think appealing the a sense of modesty (i.e. people should have the integrity/character to resist playing pokemon at a holocaust musesum) is going to go far.  Its a great sentiment, but its no closer to finding a practical solution than churchgoers talking about how sexual before marriage reduces said activities.
  This is targetting children/fans who engage in a behavior deemed addictive by some professionals.  Its mobile, and its social, and the acceptibility of playing games/using headphone/ignoring the world in public spaces is very acceptable in many places.  And not everywhere is so crowded or such a high crime area as to be a deterrent.

Also if the network becomes valuable enough, pay them to house important pokemon at the watering hole to drive interest in an integrated consumer marketing campaign
I would prefer we dont pay the devs to not include locations into the game.  Thats approaching gross.  Pokemon gangsters?
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #105880 on: July 12, 2016, 06:27:59 pm »

I would prefer we dont pay the devs to not include locations into the game.  Thats approaching gross.  Pokemon gangsters?
Ey fam reread what I wrote

Paying to place your pokemon in your store would be an innovative way for pokemans to gain revenue, sell information on customer data and location as well as local pictures in places Google streetcars can't reach for triple the profit potential

Well I mean an opt-out service would be polite.  Its all gps based anyway, from what I gather.
Top lel, instead of human respect, have exclusion zones from which there are no pokemon
Why not just take a heat map of criminal activity and place the rarest pokemon in the densest areas, or place some mewtwos in the heart of Chernobyl

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105881 on: July 12, 2016, 06:32:16 pm »

PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #105882 on: July 12, 2016, 06:40:54 pm »

Chernobyl
:|

At least it wasnt nazis
Nah Chernobyl's scarier than it is
Most dangerous thing in that picture are the russians and gravity
Maybe the radiation
I guarantee, most people seeking ebin pokemans wouldn't die of radiation, but of wildlife

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105883 on: July 12, 2016, 06:46:28 pm »

Isnt that where Luke shot his missiles?
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #105884 on: July 12, 2016, 06:51:07 pm »

Isnt that where Luke shot his missiles?
Yes, Chernobyl is built on the remains of the Death Star.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 7057 7058 [7059] 7060 7061 ... 11040