Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7035 7036 [7037] 7038 7039 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14432957 times)

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #105540 on: July 07, 2016, 05:23:24 pm »

Stingray Kills Woman On Boat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #105541 on: July 07, 2016, 05:46:20 pm »

GDQ is apparently not about speed runs no more.

Some dude playing Trials Fusion, just showing off custom tracks. Not even providing commentary.

This is apparently going on for 90 minutes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105542 on: July 07, 2016, 07:07:19 pm »

My younger sister is leeching money off any family member she can. Now it's my turn.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #105543 on: July 07, 2016, 07:25:58 pm »

My younger sister is leeching money off any family member she can. Now it's my turn.
Steal her blood?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105544 on: July 07, 2016, 09:44:29 pm »

Man have you guys ever watched a show where everything is going right for a character... but it is painful to look because you KNOW the status quo is going to freeken kick in and take it all away?

I mean I could give plenty of examples in Bob's Burger (seriously show STOP IT!)

But in this case I am looking at a sneak preview of a Steven Universe episode

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Because nothing this good is allowed to happen ever.

Now if that doesn't happen, I will be very happy... But I wouldn't bet on it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:50:01 pm by Neonivek »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #105545 on: July 07, 2016, 11:34:48 pm »

So apparently youtube videos with content from Columbia aren't allowed in the US. Wat.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105546 on: July 07, 2016, 11:47:04 pm »

Probably because they don't think Canada exists, or something.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #105547 on: July 07, 2016, 11:57:55 pm »

So apparently youtube videos with content from Columbia aren't allowed in the US. Wat.

Probably because they don't think Canada exists, or something.

I think Colombia may have been meant, unless it was B.C.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #105548 on: July 08, 2016, 12:19:51 am »

Yes.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105549 on: July 08, 2016, 12:46:58 am »

No
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105550 on: July 08, 2016, 12:56:56 am »

That's weird.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #105551 on: July 08, 2016, 02:26:31 am »

My thoughts exactly. I mean, like, why Colombia? Additionally, the particular video belongs to a channel all of whose other videos work fine, and doesn't seem to be anything noteworthy.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #105552 on: July 08, 2016, 06:13:56 am »

My thoughts exactly. I mean, like, why Colombia? Additionally, the particular video belongs to a channel all of whose other videos work fine, and doesn't seem to be anything noteworthy.
Which is weird, because Colombia has a hard-on for the US. They are right-wing and pro-US to the point where if people say something left-leaning in public and are not important or a foreigner, they just "mysteriously vanish".
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #105553 on: July 08, 2016, 07:40:05 am »

Recent police shooting in US: Cop shot black man.

Now, the wife/girlfriend of the man was in the car when he was shot and instantly began livestreaming to facebook, telling the camera her husband/BF was just shot by a cop after he announced that there's a licenced firearm in the car before reaching down.

Put yourself in the cop's point of view. You've pulled someone over and they say that they have a gun in the car, then reach down (ie move the hand out of sight). A logical on-the-spot thought would have been "He's reaching for a gun. Do what I'm trained to do."

There's a media shit-storm over it now. Everyone is quick to call racism. Headlines are always 'Cop shoots Black man' and not 'Person believed to be reaching for firearm shot; actually reaching for wallet.' No media shitstorm happens if a black cop shoots a white man.

Call me racist, call me bigoted if you want. If someone says they have a gun, then makes a movement that could be taken for reaching for a gun with no announcement otherwise, then it's their own stupidity as to why they get shot. No matter how racist someone is, I do not believe that they would knowingly risk their career to kill one black man. If you wanted to make a statement against black people, killing BOTH blacks in the car would have been a bigger message than just one.

It's this reason why I thing racism has kinda been reversed. Sure black people are still a minority in many things, but it's only ever white people who get in trouble over racism.

That's my WTF.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105554 on: July 08, 2016, 07:43:35 am »

The cop is in trouble but at least he's still alive.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 7035 7036 [7037] 7038 7039 ... 11039