Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7026 7027 [7028] 7029 7030 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441721 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #105405 on: July 04, 2016, 10:17:15 am »

Watching ridiculous movies with friends is great tho, since you can all make fun of it together :v
Believe me I know, that's one of my favourite pastimes... but there's a difference between "ridiculous" and "absolutely, unforgivably, soul-crushingly bad with no redeeming qualities whatsoever". Last I checked the Transformers films fell on the wrong side of that line. Making fun of a movie that bad is like giggling cruelly whilst poking a horribly mangled dying critter with a stick cattle prod and making bets on how long 'til it dies, except that the victim in this scenario neither inspires nor deserves any sympathy.   

Dang, that turned into more of a rant than it needed to be. Oh well.

Dude you added your input to the selection.
Your input was a bowel movement.

Ergo, Transformers.
Huh. I hadn't thought of it that way. Perhaps you're right.
I hadn't realised what power my bowels held over reality... what have I done?!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #105406 on: July 04, 2016, 11:34:16 am »

Watching ridiculous movies with friends is great tho, since you can all make fun of it together :v
This. Watching Mortal Kombat: Annihilation with my brother is the best thing I've ever done.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105407 on: July 04, 2016, 11:49:08 am »

There's this monthly stream thing supergreatfriend PVG used to do which basically consisted of streaming some old sci-fi/fantasy/horror movie while everyone watching it made fun of and talked about it in the chat. It was pretty fun but it seems he has stopped doing it along with his vidja game streams. Its pretty damn fun but he had to stop for some reason. He's comming back now though.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #105408 on: July 04, 2016, 01:38:56 pm »

Amazon products reviews, they never fail to make people go WTF

Account seems to be fake though. At least I refuse to believe it's real.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:44:11 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #105409 on: July 04, 2016, 02:29:31 pm »

Pathfinding is shit in Skylines. It just takes the shortest road which basically means you need a really efficient main road since that's all the go to.

weighted graphs are hard, i mean, it's not like there are any popular pathfinding algorithms made specifically for them--

oh

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #105410 on: July 04, 2016, 03:11:07 pm »

Pathfinding is shit in Skylines. It just takes the shortest road which basically means you need a really efficient main road since that's all the go to.

weighted graphs are hard, i mean, it's not like there are any popular pathfinding algorithms made specifically for them--

oh
Uh, the problem here is traffic management, i.e. optimal routing for vehicles through a limited-capacity road network. A* doesn't solve that problem at all.
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105411 on: July 04, 2016, 04:07:37 pm »

So I am SOMEHOW still bumping into people and videos that go "9/11 was fake" which are almost entirely based off misunderstandings. (just like the "moon landing is fake")

just ONCE I would love to see someone as a PARODY/SATIRE of these claims just go

"Ok you know what? You think it was faked? Alright I will now show you EXACTLY what would have to be done, and in what order, in order to fake this" and go through it in detail.

Because yeah Conspiracies exist... but most of the time it involved just a few people who did something rather uncomplicated. Richard Nixon just had to break into a building at night. He didn't have to carry flame charges through an extremely staffed building or onto planes owned by private business.

Heck the government doctored footage before as well such as the tearing down of statues (and guess what... that got out!)... How did they do that? They dressed their soldiers in street clothes and told them to tear down a statue... In a warzone where ALL the media were under contract that they absolutely had to print only what the United States said AND had to follow their orders. So the number of people involved in that was like what? 20 at most?
-The United States really hit their stride in faking stuff in recent years. They found the secret! They can be the biggest lying bastards they want and by the time the information gets out no one will care.

To admit the US did build that Data center and almost got away with it if it wasn't for a whistle blower... Then again the data center wasn't illegal due to the patriot act.

---

Goodness same with the freeken moon landing. The amount of overhead that went into it not to mention the sheer number of people... and the fact that they definitively did actually do a rocket launch...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:12:51 pm by Neonivek »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #105412 on: July 04, 2016, 04:13:14 pm »

The thing about the "fake moon landing" thing is it has been nearly half a century since then and NASA hasn't really done anything to eclipse it in that time. You would expect them to have landed on Pluto in that time if they had the expertise to fake that kinda thing.

Also, as an addendum, the fewer people who know about a conspiracy the better. I think the risk of someone accidentally leaking it increase exponentially for every person who knows about it. I believe there was a study, but I'm going to put zero effort into finding it. Am I keeping the conspiracy hidden by not revealing my sources? No, I'm fackin' lazy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #105413 on: July 04, 2016, 07:07:47 pm »

The thing about the "fake moon landing" thing is it has been nearly half a century since then and NASA hasn't really done anything to eclipse it in that time. You would expect them to have landed on Pluto in that time if they had the expertise to fake that kinda thing.

Also, as an addendum, the fewer people who know about a conspiracy the better. I think the risk of someone accidentally leaking it increase exponentially for every person who knows about it. I believe there was a study, but I'm going to put zero effort into finding it. Am I keeping the conspiracy hidden by not revealing my sources? No, I'm fackin' lazy.
The other major counterpoint to the moon landings being faked is that the Soviet Union didn't challenge it, despite having a good reason to do so and sufficient resources to disprove it if it was faked.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105414 on: July 04, 2016, 07:14:50 pm »

They also didn't have video editing stuff that'd work on like five hours of film

E: Actually, it's not too far out there to say 7/11 was an inside job. I don't think it was, but it's certainly plausible.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:19:37 pm by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105415 on: July 04, 2016, 07:21:24 pm »

I just wrote out two full posts before deciding, screw it.  It's not going to contribute to the discussion and deleting the post before posting.  I'm not sure what has come over me.

Anyway now I'm posting here to get my daily shitpost quota out of the way.  Hai guize.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105416 on: July 04, 2016, 07:22:28 pm »

It'd be prohibitely expensive to actualy fake that much footage back then. Not only that, but you have to account the entire funding, staff and equipment that was funelled into the project. It would be the biggest, stupidest and most expensive fake ever to do it at the time.

Also, its a fake NASA would have to somehow maintain forever and have it never be compared and questioned by any other footage of space as seen from the surface of the moon and said surface itself. Its just hilarious to imagine.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:24:51 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105417 on: July 04, 2016, 07:33:46 pm »

Wasn't japan going to send a satellite to the moon to take survey data to see how the moon has changed?  I recall hearing something about how one of the survey sites was going to be the site of the original moon landing.   What ever happened to that?

EDIT: Yea The Selene spacecraft, looks like it happened already.  Wasn't high enough resolution to make out any objects but it did get pictures of large areas of lighter colored lunar dust which would indicate disturbances and match up with the landing site.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:45:00 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #105418 on: July 04, 2016, 08:01:31 pm »

There are cars where, rather than hooking the seatbelt yourself, the seatbelt is motorized and slides along a rail to get itself into position as soon as you close the door. I have never seen this before, and I'm frankly kinda amazed that it exists.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105419 on: July 04, 2016, 08:04:08 pm »

There are cars where, rather than hooking the seatbelt yourself, the seatbelt is motorized and slides along a rail to get itself into position as soon as you close the door. I have never seen this before, and I'm frankly kinda amazed that it exists.
That's horrifying
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 7026 7027 [7028] 7029 7030 ... 11040