Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481173 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #10470 on: June 07, 2012, 10:30:11 am »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-absolute-worst-things-in-the-world?ref=xpromo

Even with exaggerated language, the idea that anyone could consider these the "absolute worst things in the world," confounds the shit out of me. These are minor annoyances at best with the exception of the bug....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #10471 on: June 07, 2012, 10:32:41 am »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-absolute-worst-things-in-the-world?ref=xpromo

Even with exaggerated language, the idea that anyone could consider these the "absolute worst things in the world," confounds the shit out of me. These are minor annoyances at best with the exception of the bug....

Ah, the hardships of the First World...

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10472 on: June 07, 2012, 10:48:37 am »

Ah, the hardships of the First World...

First world middle or upper class who are gainfully employed and have nothing else to complain about while being ungrateful for their perfect by comparison lives.... :P

"The cookie won't fit in the glass of milk!" ~Whiny suburbanite

"What the hell is food?" ~ Some unfortunate bastard in Ethiopia. 

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10473 on: June 07, 2012, 10:50:25 am »

Admittedly, I know a great many people who think House Centipedes are LITERALLY one of the worst possible things - that they would almost rather have deadly scorpions in their house than those harmless little things.

I never quite understood it.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10474 on: June 07, 2012, 10:52:37 am »

Admittedly, I know a great many people who think House Centipedes are LITERALLY one of the worst possible things - that they would almost rather have deadly scorpions in their house than those harmless little things.

I never quite understood it.
Not the "worst" but those god damn things are creepy as hell and can stay elsewhere....[shiver]

Please don't quote me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10475 on: June 07, 2012, 10:56:36 am »

My related WTF: (I may have mentioned this already, can't remember)

I have developed the ability to determine not only the cause (spider/house centipede/other bug/injury/broken item/other scary thing) but also the size/severity and urgency, solely by the sound of my wife's scream. I can, quite seriously, accurately predict the size of a house centipede three rooms away simple by the pitch of her yell.

This boggles my mind considering it doesn't happen more than once a week.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10476 on: June 07, 2012, 11:13:37 am »

Not the "worst" but those god damn things are creepy as hell and can stay elsewhere....[shiver]
Yeah... as worst bugs go, I'd probably nominate either the bed bug E: Actually, there's several species that reproduce in the same way ("traumatic insemination", which is more or less exactly what it says on the tin), which pretty much annihilates the possibility of a kind and loving (at least by any human conceptualization of the term) creator deity.

... or the various wasp species, both sets strictly because of their reproductive methods. G'damn horrible no matter how you cut it, from a human perspective.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:28:04 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10477 on: June 07, 2012, 11:25:04 am »

Nr 7 in that list is definitely the worst one. I ALWAYS have those possessed things between my fingernails.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10478 on: June 07, 2012, 11:25:16 am »

what the hell is that insect, anyway?

A house centipede. They're horrible things. And by that, I mean they eat all the other bugs you don't like. Even bedbugs! Man, maybe we should have more of these guys around. I'm always fine with another bedbug predator.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10479 on: June 07, 2012, 12:02:07 pm »

Apparantly, if you are a big dick thats annoying to me, you are popular in my class.

So i have this person that used to be a friend, but now somehow is incredibly hostile to me.
They used to bash him a bit, but now he is hostile to me, everybody seems to be friends with him.
Seriously, WTF?

(also one of the reasons my social life is pretty much my tf2 community, this community and a single RL friend that plays tf2)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10480 on: June 07, 2012, 12:19:43 pm »

what the hell is that insect, anyway?

A house centipede. They're horrible things. And by that, I mean they eat all the other bugs you don't like. Even bedbugs! Man, maybe we should have more of these guys around. I'm always fine with another bedbug predator.

And in a trope aversion, Australia apparently has its own version of this thing, which is actually smaller and less dangerous.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10481 on: June 07, 2012, 12:53:49 pm »

Apparantly, if you are a big dick thats annoying to me, you are popular in my class.

So i have this person that used to be a friend, but now somehow is incredibly hostile to me.
They used to bash him a bit, but now he is hostile to me, everybody seems to be friends with him.
Seriously, WTF?

(also one of the reasons my social life is pretty much my tf2 community, this community and a single RL friend that plays tf2)
well, I had the exact same thing happen to me when I was 7, so I know how you feel.

Nothing earns inclusion to "the cool crowd" better than by excluding someone else already not part of "the cool crowd".
This is a blank sig.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10482 on: June 07, 2012, 01:44:35 pm »

I'm somehow part of the cool crowd while only having three rather uncool friends...

Probably because of the snippy comebacks making anyone who tried to ostricize me suddenly a hell of a lot less cool.

"HEY, UR SO GAY!"

"Well, so long as I'm not like you I'm happy."/"Thank you! I've been wondering why I feel like flying on rainbows lately, you're such a good psychologist."/"That insult was so inventive, I'm going to guess your mother must have told you it."/"Huzzah."
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10483 on: June 07, 2012, 01:53:32 pm »

I never did like 'the cool crowd'

they were all dicks.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10484 on: June 07, 2012, 01:55:56 pm »

My typical response to "You're gay" remarks is saying, "Only if you want me to be!"

I've yet to hear a good retort to that.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 11037