Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6957 6958 [6959] 6960 6961 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14469097 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #104370 on: June 16, 2016, 01:04:44 pm »

Well Battlefield 1 looks more like a steampunk shooter
You know, I could actually get into something like that. I've been wanting a good steampunk game for a while now.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #104371 on: June 16, 2016, 01:09:27 pm »

I wonder if BF1 will introduce a new wave of alternate history "historical" shooters, ala Wolfenstein. Would kind of make sense. WWII FPS were straight laced, then we moved on to modern warfare also being straight laced. Then modern warfare went slightly sci-fi and alt history. So now we're starting the cycle over with WWI.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 02:30:47 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104372 on: June 16, 2016, 01:10:42 pm »

Inb4 the tsar tank is a thing that actualy works in BF1
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104373 on: June 16, 2016, 01:46:19 pm »

I'm hoping for these things

Edit: Seem like it's some kind of neonazi blog, oh well the images are still hilarious.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 01:58:45 pm by Drakale »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #104374 on: June 16, 2016, 02:00:25 pm »

I wonder if BF1 will introduce a new wave of alternate history "historical" shooters, ala Wolfenstein. Would kind of makes sense. WWII FPS were straight laced, then we moved on to modern warfare also being straight laced. Then modern warfare went slightly sci-fi and alt history. So now we're starting the cycle over with WWI.
Each time the cycle repeats itself, the first stage goes back another period of warfare. By the time of John Romero's death, the first person shooters in vogue will offer twenty different makes of longbow.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104375 on: June 16, 2016, 02:07:51 pm »

Each time the cycle repeats itself, the first stage goes back another period of warfare. By the time of John Romero's death, the first person shooters in vogue will offer twenty different makes of longbow.

I long for the day when video games will offer us the chance to live through this chapter of history, possibly fictional as it may be.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #104376 on: June 16, 2016, 02:16:53 pm »

I wonder if BF1 will introduce a new wave of alternate history "historical" shooters, ala Wolfenstein. Would kind of makes sense. WWII FPS were straight laced, then we moved on to modern warfare also being straight laced. Then modern warfare went slightly sci-fi and alt history. So now we're starting the cycle over with WWI.

And everybody in bronze-age Greece will be running around with 600 RPM repeating crossbows. :V
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #104377 on: June 16, 2016, 02:29:27 pm »

Do you mean Chivalry and that one vampire game? :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104378 on: June 16, 2016, 02:45:19 pm »

I long for the day when video games will offer us the chance to live through this chapter of history, possibly fictional as it may be.

I want one based around the great Emu Wars of Australia.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #104379 on: June 16, 2016, 03:10:40 pm »

Do you mean Chivalry and that one vampire game? :P

Well that vampire game was at least blatantly a fantasy setting, so whatever.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104380 on: June 16, 2016, 03:48:42 pm »

The muse is trolling me. Almost immediately after I decide to actually give in to her demands, she leaves.

But the moment I want to do anything else, she re-appears and starts nagging me again!

it's tearing me apart
._.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104381 on: June 16, 2016, 04:03:09 pm »

Maybe write down the broad strokes of the story your muse is nagging you about so you at least have a framework for when she returns.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #104382 on: June 16, 2016, 04:30:12 pm »

The muse is trolling me. Almost immediately after I decide to actually give in to her demands, she leaves.

But the moment I want to do anything else, she re-appears and starts nagging me again!

it's tearing me apart
Ohai Mark!

But yeah, the amount of inspiration is inversely related to how much you need it. That, or you have a fairly concrete idea, but then the tools fuck you over and you give up, I just had that happen today.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104383 on: June 16, 2016, 04:35:29 pm »

Psh, inspiration comes and goes. I write dumb articles on hubpages to keep my english writing going, but actual storytelling only comes after enough wine, girlfriendthings and induced hypnagogia.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104384 on: June 16, 2016, 04:37:39 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 6957 6958 [6959] 6960 6961 ... 11037