Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6906 6907 [6908] 6909 6910 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467047 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #103605 on: June 04, 2016, 12:13:22 pm »

No 3ds Emulator in existence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wygGzrNA64
It exists. It's just that... the sound is less than perfect.
Still an emulator exists and is being worked on :P
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103606 on: June 04, 2016, 12:29:31 pm »

Waiting for the bus. Watching the terrible drivers.

Tons of people on their phones. An idiot on a crotch-rocket ran a red going what I'm guessing is double the speed limit. One driver of an SUV having a literal slap fight with the passenger.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #103607 on: June 04, 2016, 12:40:30 pm »

Love, scriver~

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103608 on: June 04, 2016, 12:43:59 pm »

Or you're the grinch. (He gets better)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #103609 on: June 04, 2016, 12:56:57 pm »

DANG IT!!! The entire reason I bought a 3ds (other then making sure my brother got to play it) which was Dragon Quest Joker 3 isn't coming to the West. Ok it still can but it is incredibly unlikely and I am not going to rely on "Way of the Samurai" luck.

Now I have a 3ds but what games are even on this system? >_<

I would pick up kid Icarus: uprising. its absolutely marvelous.when my trigger finger started aching I just kept playing until it stopped. when I first got it I did nothing else and had to force myself to get up long enough to grab some water.  I have never loved a game THAT much before. the visuals are great, the gameplay is great, story is great. its top on my list of recommended games.

..........unfortunately the shoot button on my 3ds is broke.....

I don't think it still on wallmart shelves but I bet you could find it at gamestop or something.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #103610 on: June 04, 2016, 12:58:43 pm »

But seriously, I'm sure there are some games. I'm sure there are lots of pokemons. Or maybe play Radiant Historia. I don't know, I don't have a 3ds.
Fire Emblem games man, both of them.

No 3ds Emulator in existence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wygGzrNA64
It exists. It's just that... the sound is less than perfect.
Still an emulator exists and is being worked on :P
Though it can play many commercial games to some extent, the emulator has various graphical and sound issues with most games, and requires a very powerful CPU for most games to be playable. Citra is being regularly worked on, and progress in it is faster than expected for most emulators. However, there's still no telling how long it will be before it is suitable for playing games to completion.
:P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #103611 on: June 04, 2016, 01:30:26 pm »

-Smash Bros if you don't have the Wii U version
-Ace Attorney Dual Destinies, or maybe Spirit of Justice that comes out this fall
-For that matter the original trilogy rerelease if you haven't already played them
-Pokémon if that's your thing
-Zelda rereleases if you can't be bothered to emulate them
-Link Between Worlds maybe if you liked LttP (I hated LBW and love LTTP, but it's still a well-liked title among some)
-Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (there's also 3 but that has the much-maligned swimming)
-Animal Crossing New Leaf
-Professor Layton 5/6
-There's a slightly obscure Level-5 title called Fantasy Life that's basically Zelda meets Animal Crossing if that's your kind of thing
Fire Emblem games man, both of them.
I also second this, although if you don't have 80 bucks to drop on Fates go for Awakening
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #103612 on: June 04, 2016, 01:46:31 pm »

Or you're the grinch. (He gets better)
Ergo, post-redemption Grinch can no longer hurt the dark emperor. Nice job breaking it, Hero.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103613 on: June 04, 2016, 02:06:52 pm »

While I pretty much only use my DS for pokemon and smash these days and have a hard time finishing any other games, what with long time playing of my 2ds giving me elbow cramps...

...Every time I go somewhere I bring Kingdom Hearts: Dream drop distance.  That is an enjoyable game and feels enough like Kingdom hearts 2 for me to enjoy it.  Wish they didn't try to hamfist touch screen controls into an action game where you mostly use the face buttons, but at least the touch screen stuff does not seem to be a hard requirement to do things.

And while I don't own it myself a friend swears by Bravely Default.  I've played a bit of it, but my DS's SD card is full, and I can't find a local games store with a physical copy.   Fair warning in case you have a bias against them though. It is a Final Fantasy game, just without the name drop, and some of the classes renamed.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:15:39 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #103614 on: June 04, 2016, 02:22:50 pm »

And while I don't own it myself a friend swears by Bravely Default.  I've played a bit of it, but my DS's SD card is full, and I can't find a local games store with a physical copy.   Fair warning in case you have a bias against them though. It is a Final Fantasy game, just without the name drop, and some of the classes renamed.
That reminds me, I should beat that game someday. I'm not even at the ridiculous [fight all the bosses twenty-four times] part, I just got bored with it.

Maybe I should turn the difficulty down a notch? It feels a tiny bit more difficult than your typical RPG, and I seem to get random encounters every five seconds... :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #103615 on: June 04, 2016, 02:36:06 pm »

DANG IT!!! The entire reason I bought a 3ds (other then making sure my brother got to play it) which was Dragon Quest Joker 3 isn't coming to the West. Ok it still can but it is incredibly unlikely and I am not going to rely on "Way of the Samurai" luck.

Now I have a 3ds but what games are even on this system? >_<
Monster Hunter 4 is probably my favorite. Not for everyone, but if you like really difficult hack'n'slash games it's awesome. Super Smash Bros and Fire Emblem are also stuff.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103616 on: June 04, 2016, 06:59:35 pm »

Virtues Last Reward is the reason I got my 3DS. I'd say it panders to a pretty niche ground and perhaps alot won't like it.

It's basically a Japanese Visual Novel. It's full of plot and story, the actual gameplay is basically trying to escape rooms by solving puzzles. It also has 24 different endings to get.

Spoiler: "Minor Plot Spoilers" (click to show/hide)

It is a sequel to the DS game "9 hours 9 persons 9 doors". I think it's better than the first game, but if you play the second first you might not realise a few plot points when the second game references the first. Also it may spoil some of the plot points of the first game. Also, be warned the first game is a bit more gorey, they got complaints about it which is why the second game more kiddy friendly.

They're actually making a third installment for this game, it's also coming to 3DS. I forget, but I think it releases at the end of June/July this year. Also by popular demand the gore is returning.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #103617 on: June 04, 2016, 07:18:55 pm »

I got an email from facebook today: "Female Genital Mutilation and Crocs are trending on Facebook"

What the royal fuck?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103618 on: June 04, 2016, 07:26:47 pm »

Gotta cut up those reptilian cloacas
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103619 on: June 04, 2016, 07:35:21 pm »

I got an email from facebook today: "Female Genital Mutilation and Crocs are trending on Facebook"

What the royal fuck?
Well,  what's "trending" just depends on what people decide to share posts about.
I suppose genital mutilation is the new crossfit and people are campaigning for crocs to be outlawed.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 6906 6907 [6908] 6909 6910 ... 11037