Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6877 6878 [6879] 6880 6881 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471147 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #103170 on: May 29, 2016, 12:01:31 pm »

Dusty Gloom Consort is the proper title

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #103171 on: May 29, 2016, 12:02:54 pm »

It was inevitable?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103172 on: May 29, 2016, 12:07:19 pm »

Just got convinced to get a haircut. I only agreed because I didn't pay for it. I've done away with about 2 pounds of hair and now my scalp looks like the aftermath of Verdun. My scalp has always looked like that, only with more hair.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #103173 on: May 29, 2016, 12:10:19 pm »

It was inevitable?

No, no. It is terrifying.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103174 on: May 29, 2016, 12:20:29 pm »

It was inevitable?

No, no. It is terrifying.
It must be stopped with violent force.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103175 on: May 29, 2016, 12:38:44 pm »

Hahaha dusty laptops.  Those aren't bad.   You know what's bad? 

Cleaning out a computer owned by a smoker. That is horrifying, not only is there dust, but there's sticky brown goop coating everything. You won't get those clean without some professional quality circuit board cleaning baths.  And you may as well just straight up replace the fans, probably be cheaper in labor than the time it takes to clean that gunk out of them.

And I personally know some people who still insist second hand smoke is harmless and overblown.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 12:45:13 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

makeshift 8

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimli, sitting on 43.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103176 on: May 29, 2016, 01:09:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 01:12:15 pm by makeshift 8 »
Legolas: Final count... fourty-two.
Gimli: Fourty-two? Ohhhh, that's not bad for a pointy eared elvish princeling. I myself am sitting prettily on fourty-three!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103177 on: May 29, 2016, 04:03:46 pm »

A short while ago I woke up, it was dark and cold, and I assumed it was night time.
Eventually I forced myself out of bed (despite my hangover) and woke up my laptop to check the time- I saw it was Monday and six-something o'clock. That felt kind of weird, having apparently slept through pretty much the entirety of Monday, especially considering that I need to pack/prepare for my flight tomorrow. Only a while (not sure how long, probably about 20 minutes) later did I realise it was six AM, not PM.

I feel like I just lost a day then immediately re-acquired it. O.o
WTF happened to the sun?! It should be light by now, even in Winter. Jeez.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103178 on: May 29, 2016, 04:16:17 pm »

I had something like that during my first visit in england. I had to take some pills before the flight so i don't puke myself inside out and the side effect was making me sleepy so once i got there i fell asleep and slept 24 hours straight.
I thought it was evening but imagine my surprise when i was informed that it's actually morning but a day later.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:24:23 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #103179 on: May 29, 2016, 05:44:47 pm »

I had the reverse happen to me once, of falling asleep late in the afternoon, then waking up not long after, thinking it was the next day and wondering how the hell is it so damn dark outside, also why would they be showing the rerun of a football match from last night this early in the morning (it was actually the same match, still going on)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #103180 on: May 29, 2016, 06:50:59 pm »

For the third time I saw a bright white light in the sky, silently and slowly moving in roughly the same direction. The first time I figured it was likely a satellite as it was going West to East, but the same day and time a week later I saw something almost identical except it slowly changed direction. This last time it was a few hours later and many years. It was dimmer, though mistaken for a planet until I realised it was moving, and it seemed to change speed slightly as if buffeted by wind. My main guess is either an electric alternative to those paper lanterns or some kind of night gliding. Being a stargazer it's annoying to have seen something I've not been able to identify.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103181 on: May 29, 2016, 06:54:00 pm »

It's a UFO until you identify it.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #103182 on: May 29, 2016, 07:30:20 pm »

Please no quoting, thank you:

I helped a friend write a court paper. The other side's crap was 17 pages. This was 2.

They used all the latest computery programs and high priced lawyers from the biiiiig firm and did costly discovery of computery crap and blah blah blah. It was hellishly expensive, and obnoxious, as were they.... Blah blah blah, it's malpractice not to use software. Blah blah blah, I can't believe you don't meh meh meh meh meh.

The magistrate agreed with us and just basically seemed not to care what they said. They objected to the decision and got shot down on that, and now they're in shock filing an appeal. They're full of expensive grumbles and mumbles and computery things and gadgets that lost; they stare disbelieving daggers from their eyes right through me.

All I did was look at them and say, "These 'improvements' are not improving the profession."

NEVER got to law school kids.

Please no quoting, thank you:
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103183 on: May 29, 2016, 07:36:51 pm »

Truean, that was actually pretty badass.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103184 on: May 29, 2016, 07:44:17 pm »

That's some Neo-Luddism right there.

Everyone knows that any fancy law related paper should consist of 20 pages of computer generated garble and be completely incomprehensible for anyone but the writer (and sometimes not even him).

More seriously it's weird since said improvements should in theory streamline the paperwork instead of bloating it.

But oh well what do i know about law, all i ever finished was international relations and i got F-all from that.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 6877 6878 [6879] 6880 6881 ... 11037