Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6872 6873 [6874] 6875 6876 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14473618 times)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #103095 on: May 28, 2016, 08:42:49 am »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103096 on: May 28, 2016, 08:47:31 am »

It literally will not open.
You can turn on a thing in Windows 10 updates called "Defer upgrades". What this does is it waits a couple of months on everything except security patches. It's probably a good idea if you have automatic updates on. By the time you get non-critical updates they'll have the bugs ironed out.

EDIT: It looks like system restore points are turned off by default in Windows 10. Which sucks.

But you can probably manually remove updates that occured recently, then reboot to see if that fixes the problem. If all else fails, Ctrl-Alt-Del and task manager let you access the file manager: just start a new task and type in "c:\", and it will open a file window. Navigate up a level, and you can right click on This PC to get access to the control panel and everything else attached to that. This allows you to either do a Windows 10 reset, or navigate into where you can start deleting updates.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 08:57:22 am by Reelya »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103097 on: May 28, 2016, 08:54:44 am »

It literally will not open.
You can turn on a thing in Windows 10 updates called "Defer upgrades". What this does is it waits a couple of months on everything except security patches. It's probably a good idea if you have automatic updates on. By the time you get non-critical updates they'll have the bugs ironed out.
I actually have that on already, and had to roll back previously (before I turned it on, I think)... :(

I'm going to reinstall windows, I think. I've been meaning to do it anyways.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #103098 on: May 28, 2016, 09:59:56 am »

Huff Post article about a public defender who was handcuffed and seated with inmates after interrupting the judge.

This is the wtf though:

It's well within a judge's power to restrain a person who is acting out of order in the courtroom, but rarely do they use this power against an attorney advocating on behalf of a client. And while Hafen didn't make any specific references to Bakhtary's gender in the court transcript, it's possible to see the incident as fitting into a larger pattern of men silencing women in this kind of setting.

This nonsense, sensational bullshit. If there's no indication that it was because she was a black woman, why the fuck are you bringing it up?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103099 on: May 28, 2016, 10:08:01 am »

A huge portion of frame time in Armok Vision is spent reading the overworld map.

1: why does it take so much longer than anything else.
2: why the hell am I doing it every frame?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #103100 on: May 28, 2016, 10:19:51 am »

If there's no indication that it was because she was a black woman, why the fuck are you bringing it up?
Well, in this case, it looks like at least one reason was to get people like you to spread the story around. I'm sure they're thankful for whatever amount of revenue you just brought them :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103101 on: May 28, 2016, 10:23:08 am »

California bearing capacity must be at least 10%
fucking arabs

why can't they translate things right
._.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #103102 on: May 28, 2016, 10:45:36 am »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103103 on: May 28, 2016, 11:03:34 am »

Im confused whats happened.

It sounds like somebody thought itd be funny to nominate something that didnt fit the criteria, the aformentioned erotica novelist who has really spacey books out there, and now the author, upon getting rejected the the more traditional awards panelists, decided to write and incite a revolution?

theres too much journalism in that for me to tell what actually happened.

This isnt the first time this forum has discussed pounded in the butt by my own butt, so
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103104 on: May 28, 2016, 11:12:30 am »

http://kotaku.com/5878449/why-the-apple-trackpad-might-be-the-best-video-game-controller-ever-made
A pretty old apple ad... and possibly the most tl;dr thing i ever saw.
I mean Christ this article is the size of a small novel... and after a second glance it probably is a small novel about a man and his apple trackpad.

As for that author and the nominations... his books are just for looking at the cover and having a laugh before moving on unless you really like airplane and dinosaur fetishes.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 11:17:01 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103105 on: May 28, 2016, 11:25:30 am »

Well, he satirises anti-"SJW" people, ideological conservatives, homophobes etc as well, apparently, not that I'd actually read one.

God no...

*NJW looks round nervously*

It sounds like somebody thought itd be funny to nominate something that didnt fit the criteria, the aformentioned erotica novelist who has really spacey books out there, and now the author, upon getting rejected the the more traditional awards panelists, decided to write and incite a revolution?
Not quite.

The erotica writer apparently parodied the conservatives after they got him nominated to say, "if we can't have the hugo awards they must be ridiculous", in some way, and also trolled them by grabbing a webaddress that would fit them.

I'm not sure how cutting his parody of them was, nor do am I certain that he could do more harm to their reputation than they did by nominating the author of "Seduced by Doctor Bigfoot: Attorney at Large".
One wheel short of a wagon

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #103106 on: May 28, 2016, 11:26:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Space raptor, red butt redemption

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103107 on: May 28, 2016, 11:32:41 am »

Huff Post article about a public defender who was handcuffed and seated with inmates after interrupting the judge.

This is the wtf though:

It's well within a judge's power to restrain a person who is acting out of order in the courtroom, but rarely do they use this power against an attorney advocating on behalf of a client. And while Hafen didn't make any specific references to Bakhtary's gender in the court transcript, it's possible to see the incident as fitting into a larger pattern of men silencing women in this kind of setting.

This nonsense, sensational bullshit. If there's no indication that it was because she was a black woman, why the fuck are you bringing it up?

She's black? I thought she just had a really killer tan. The article does mention the judge was referring to her by her first name, which is not a thing you do in court, right?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103108 on: May 28, 2016, 11:51:27 am »

Well, he satirises anti-"SJW" people, ideological conservatives, homophobes etc as well, apparently, not that I'd actually read one.
There is a slight problem with him being satirical because his satire mostly hits people ani SJW folks are... well against.
It's basically writing a book portraying nazi death camps as fun places with playgrounds, schools, free food, impeccable healthcare service and lots of gay sex.

Only to claim it was satire aimed at holocaust deniers.

Satire just doesn't work that way and never did... unless you are a punk rock band or Limp Bizkit.

Oh man, I remember that one. I still occasionally mention the guy that was obsessed with the idea that a trackpad is the best game controller.
To be fair it does have analog controls and stuff so after some practice it should be one controller to control them all.
Except learning that would be long painful and... why not just use a keyboard and mouse then?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 11:58:25 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #103109 on: May 28, 2016, 11:56:46 am »

Tingle enjoyed major viral success with Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt and its follow-up, Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt By My Own Butt," not to be confused with its follow-up, Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Book 'Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt.'"
Well, that's one way to name sequels.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 6872 6873 [6874] 6875 6876 ... 11037