Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6810 6811 [6812] 6813 6814 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14450764 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #102165 on: May 13, 2016, 02:43:44 pm »

I got a new job.  This one is actually official gobblement-recognized one, where I actually pay taxes again.

I even get to manage people around.  Like a boss :o

My wtf comes with how easy the job is.  Its not particularly fun, but the work is about as easy as it comes.  I get to be alone most the day, and I still get plenty of time to sit and type in the wtf thread.

Also, Im getting sick.  I, as a genetically superior being, do not get sick bery often.  The last time I was sick?  maybe last year I had the sniffles.  Now I have a mild cough, some flem, and at night I sneeze it up.
  Being sick is a drag.  I can only run 2 miles at the gym, and thats with effort.  :(
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102166 on: May 13, 2016, 02:45:26 pm »

Okay, so now that you've worked out that your boss must be running a racket of some kind, work out if you're there to take the hit, to move the funds or just as cover.
One wheel short of a wagon

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #102167 on: May 13, 2016, 02:57:36 pm »

Congrats. Good to know people make it. :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #102168 on: May 13, 2016, 03:00:10 pm »

Bathe the world in nuclear fire, then there'll be nobody left to offend.

Interestingly/As a WTF of my own, we no longer seem to actually possess enough nukes to end the world. The major world powers, yes. All life, no.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102169 on: May 13, 2016, 03:01:31 pm »

Bathe the world in nuclear fire, then there'll be nobody left to offend.

Interestingly/As a WTF of my own, we no longer seem to actually possess enough nukes to end the world. The major world powers, yes. All life, no.
Well that's a thing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102170 on: May 13, 2016, 03:15:08 pm »

desperately enforce western values in, say, nigeria, even when nigerian women have no real interest in it.

A big part of that is class differences. For a poor woman (on the global scale) becoming "emancipated" in the Western sense means basically atomizing society. Atomization works well if you're wealthy and/or have a great welfare safety net. Works like shit if your a poor tribesperson or earning well below US minimum wage and there's no safety net. Probably also works like shit if you're earning US minimum wage and over, in the USA. How much of the stuff that very wealthy academic feminists focus on actually helps poor women? More women CEOs does sweet fuck all for women on minimum. Not everyone can be the 100% self-actualized characters from Sex and the City. They'd probably argue that more women in the board room sends a signal that opens the way for other women to rise up. Trickle-down feminism is a term that's been used. Help the 1% of the world's richest women and the 99% of other women will naturally rise.

For that matter, paid maternity leave at your current rate of income only makes sense when the employer needs to pay for it. Trying to put the cost on the taxpayer, but also keep it as the woman's current rate of income unfairly funnels more tax money into the pockets of the rich and privileged than it does into the pockets of working class women who need it the most. Someone who is well off might not see a problem here, and list a number of lifestyle reasons why it's fair to give so much money back to the already-wealthy.

Likewise I think the decline of civilizations thing is related to class, not sexual politics. All those historical societies that imploded or were overrun ended up with a decadent upper class who were very inward-looking. Liberal sexual politics could be a symptom of an overly-comfortable pampered elite, and not an actual cause or problem in themselves. e.g. because Western people are a pampered global elite, then they become inward looking, and that includes sexual politics/identity. But it also includes video games. After all, Rome had it's lavish gladiator games as well as decadent orgies. But it would be a poor argument to say that Rome declined because of decadent orgies. The orgies were a symptom.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 03:34:58 pm by Reelya »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102171 on: May 13, 2016, 03:28:36 pm »

I agree, I think ancient cultures were been hampered by decadence.  Not tolerance.  Some morality-obsessed conservatives conflate the two, somehow.

And yeah...  Emancipation does not include a free ticket to the middle class.  Ideally it would have, but even the "40 acres and a mule" American Civil War resolution...  didn't really work out.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #102172 on: May 13, 2016, 03:48:27 pm »

Well shucks, thanks.  Im quite touched people remember things.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #102173 on: May 13, 2016, 04:00:13 pm »

People get sick, on average, about 3 times a year.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #102174 on: May 13, 2016, 04:01:05 pm »

I'm seriously considering the relative merits of starting work on a Sassanid Persian/Daylamite set of arms and armour.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #102175 on: May 13, 2016, 04:06:48 pm »

There was part of a rose stem in the dishwasher. Section a bit longer than thumb length.

Like.

I get the occasional tea bag? And all the knives pointing up instead of down, just waiting for a moment of inattention (Yes, the person has been bled by that before. No, they put literally nothing else pointing upwards except things that can slice flesh. I take it back, no, I don't get it, but I can accept it.). Other person that puts stuff in there is kinda' absentminded about that kind of thing, and has been putting stuff in dishwashers longer than I've been alive, so some muscle memory is expected.

But.

This is a thorny plant stem. Jammed in with the silverware. I don't understand. Is this a trap card? Is my exodia dead now? Why? Why has part of a rose bush been put through a wash cycle with the things we eat with?

E: Go figure, now that I look beyond the plant matter, it turns out the only knife in that batch of dishes that wasn't a health and safety risk, was in the same partition as the stem. Where's jackie chan when you need him ;_;
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:19:06 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102176 on: May 13, 2016, 06:48:22 pm »

I'll take 'Things that sound really fucked up when taken out of context' for $1000, Alex. My father and I just spent the last two hours cracking jokes about a young child's obituary.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 07:23:30 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #102177 on: May 13, 2016, 06:52:03 pm »

... I'm sorry FD, you failed to phrase your response as a question. Next contestant!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102178 on: May 13, 2016, 07:24:47 pm »

That was the prompt. The correct answer was "What was our topic of conversation over dinner?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102179 on: May 13, 2016, 08:19:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm sorry guys. I'm not actually a reef fish but a Kagerou class destroyer, which is more closely related to tuna than any reef fish.
Pages: 1 ... 6810 6811 [6812] 6813 6814 ... 11040