Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6709 6710 [6711] 6712 6713 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458194 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #100650 on: April 15, 2016, 10:11:14 pm »

The unfortunate thing is I need to be singing along to it to be able to do it :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100651 on: April 15, 2016, 10:17:04 pm »

Is there a term for a Parody that isn't really parodying anything... it is more structured like a parody?

Or is that Shallow Parody?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100652 on: April 15, 2016, 10:21:28 pm »

snark

if its subtle its tounge in check
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100653 on: April 15, 2016, 10:35:21 pm »

There's a process used in Dell computers called Toaster.exe

What a silly name.

Also, my Nvidia Gforce or whatever refuses to work. I need to update my driver, but trying to use Nvidia's own damn service won't work.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100654 on: April 15, 2016, 10:40:19 pm »

GeForce experience? Uninstall it and get the drivers from the website. :V

Or uninstall it and the drivers and reboot a couple times on win 10 or 8.1, because Windows will try to install the drivers itself, silently, if they disappear.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100655 on: April 15, 2016, 11:07:21 pm »

Some developers put cheats in their game.   Some of them hide them and make you trawl the internets for them(or in the old days give you reason to buy gamer rags), some of them include them in a 'debug' console allowing them to be more than just cheats.  Say like spawning a dozen dragons in whiterun, so you can say "Yes, yes I have been to the cloud district.  And I am spawning a dragon on your head to eat you."

Some make it fairly obvious with a "It's here if you need it, but you don't have to use it"  Which is ok as well.  If baby needs cheats on a game that never originally had them, they can have cheats.  I don't care, but I'm still gunna call it baby mode.

Why the hell would a game company include cheats, and then make them so amazingly accessible that you can turn them on and off by accident during normal gameplay?  Were they afraid that FF9 would be too hard for modern gamers and that they needed the "I win the fight" button to be able to turned on with a single button press?   

I just had a boss fight ruined by accidentally turning on god mode during the boss fight and then not knowing how to turn it off.  Even afterwards after I learned how to turn it off.  I still turned it on by accident again later down the line.  I turned it back off before unpausing the game and it still filled everyone's trance and atb gauges even if it didn't grant invulnerability.

Seriously to turn on god mode in FF9 PC?  Pause the game and then hit L1 then unpause.  All you need to do.  And again, even if you turn it off immediately after, everyone is still super buffed by trance and sets free turns.  Something that can be done accidentally by just putting down or picking up a controller after pausing a game.

Why did they mess up an otherwise amazing port with this 'feature'?  Everything else is great!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 11:10:19 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100656 on: April 15, 2016, 11:18:33 pm »

Maybe it was a cheat for the dev team and testers which they forgot to remove before shipping, and... I have no explanation for why it wouldn't have been removed in a patch unless literally nobody complained our they weren't paid to make any patches.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100657 on: April 15, 2016, 11:22:53 pm »

No, they included a cheatmode in FF7 and FF8 too. Not sure why it's so easy to accidentally use in this one, though.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100658 on: April 16, 2016, 03:33:57 am »

God, Belgian cinema. Thought that they were taking the place of the French, what with Two Days, One Night. Saw The Brand New Testament. Not terrible, but unfunny, not really the black humour advertised, and kinda lazy. Also a bit of sneaky product placement in a scene that was meant to be emotionally charged, possibly. And, in true French style, the men all married women 5-15 years older than them.

Aaaaand, while watching a Dark Souls 3 LP, saw Aldritch, and he's pretty meh.

So a surprisingly disappointing set of experiences that should have been rather fine.
Arthouse films are basically the same everywhere, though. Being in a foreign language just makes them arthousier.

And really Belgium just exports good cabaret. Except that's sort of untranslatable. Also good music I guess? :v a lot of the music on our radio is from Belgian artists.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100659 on: April 16, 2016, 03:45:34 am »

It wasn't really like most arthouse though. Just... overly saccharin, with no real message or particular thought.

It certainly showed belgian society in an interesting if unlikable way though.
One wheel short of a wagon

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100660 on: April 16, 2016, 04:10:10 am »

I keep wondering how could DBZ be more interesting if it was made JoJo-like style. So instead of "my power level is bigger than your power level and that's the only thing that matters" there would be all sorts of weird abilities with creative usage and stuff.

For some reason, this idea has plagued me since yesterday. It is not going away. halp
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100661 on: April 16, 2016, 04:10:42 am »

One Piece

Also, Dragon Ball Super's been going in that direction since Super started on its own arc

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100662 on: April 16, 2016, 04:30:08 am »

One Piece

Also, Dragon Ball Super's been going in that direction since Super started on its own arc
One Piece doesn't have Vegeta shooting a literal garlic, that later splits into separate parts and explosively showers the area, cluster bomb style, with added garlic taste for extra chemical warfare kick, when he uses Garlic Gun. I'm pretty sure about that, at least.
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100663 on: April 16, 2016, 04:33:47 am »

It has some damn similar stuff lol

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100664 on: April 16, 2016, 04:42:11 am »

Besides, the real "WTF" I've had is not just that, it's that it feels like this JoJo-style DBZ writes itself in my head. Like, I don't remember ever wanting to write that kind of fanfiction before, but now I apparently want to? IDK, it's weird.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 6709 6710 [6711] 6712 6713 ... 11040