Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6704 6705 [6706] 6707 6708 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14452010 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #100575 on: April 15, 2016, 07:08:54 am »

aaaaaaaaaa I'm not the only one

I suspect the mistake (as the article mentions) results because 'Berenstein' sounds like a legit last name while 'Berenstain' doesn't, so it feels more correct to say 'Berenstein'. I mean, I don't even know who the hell the Berenstain Bears are and my immediate reaction is 'shouldn't it be Berenstein?'

Of course, parallel realities are also a distinct possibility.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:18:01 am by Harry Baldman »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100576 on: April 15, 2016, 07:24:10 am »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #100577 on: April 15, 2016, 08:23:19 am »

I suspect the mistake (as the article mentions) results because 'Berenstein' sounds like a legit last name while 'Berenstain' doesn't, so it feels more correct to say 'Berenstein'. I mean, I don't even know who the hell the Berenstain Bears are and my immediate reaction is 'shouldn't it be Berenstein?'

When the author used the word "spelt" what little credibility there was immediately went out the window. What a joke.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100578 on: April 15, 2016, 08:28:46 am »

When the author used the word "spelt" what little credibility there was immediately went out the window. What a joke.
QUIET, AMERICAN DOG.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100579 on: April 15, 2016, 08:30:24 am »

When the author used the word "spalt" what little credibility there was immediately went out the window. What a joke.
FTFY
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #100580 on: April 15, 2016, 08:31:41 am »

QUIET, AMERICAN DOG.
Your face is an American dog.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100581 on: April 15, 2016, 08:33:22 am »

When the author used the word "svelte" what little credibility there was immediately went out the window. What a joke.
FTFY
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100582 on: April 15, 2016, 08:59:04 am »

QUIET, AMERICAN DOG.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries :P

In WTFs:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/alabama-guv-defends-state-helicopter-delivering-his-wallet-i-had-to-eat/ar-BBrLpa3
(URL is descriptive enough that I don't need a quote :P)

A California university reeling from the pepper-spraying of student protesters spent over $175,000 trying to scrub it off the Internet.

Contracting documents published Wednesday by The Sacramento Bee revealed the University of California, Davis and its embattled chancellor, Linda P.B. Katehi, hired two consulting firms for Google search strategies to counter the negative results about the 2011 incident.

University officials defended the contracts Thursday, even as Google still showed “pepper spray” as the most common search connected to UC Davis. A video of a campus police officer casually spraying a group of Occupy protesters with their arms locked together led to an outcry.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100583 on: April 15, 2016, 09:48:01 am »

Your face is an American dog.
Oh yeah, well, ya mum is an American dog. [/classic Australian humour]
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100584 on: April 15, 2016, 09:50:21 am »

I am trying to imagine the most American breed of dog but all I'm getting is chihuahua.
Which is disturbing.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100585 on: April 15, 2016, 09:50:38 am »

Pit Bulls?
Pugs?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100586 on: April 15, 2016, 09:52:27 am »

Now I'm trying to remember the most common breeds of dog I saw while I was over there, but I was too drunk during most of the visit and they all just looked like small furry shrubs.
* Yoink shrugs.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #100587 on: April 15, 2016, 10:07:26 am »

Wait, if America doesn't do spelt versus spelled and so on, how do you differentiate between past perfective and whatnot?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100588 on: April 15, 2016, 10:30:10 am »

Wait, if America doesn't do spelt versus spelled and so on, how do you differentiate between past perfec-
AHHHHH BIG GRAMMAR WORDS ARE TOO BIG FOR AMERICAN AMERICANS

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100589 on: April 15, 2016, 10:37:15 am »

I am trying to imagine the most American breed of dog but all I'm getting is chihuahua.
Which is disturbing.

Huskies?

I googled and got ... this:
Labs reigned as the nation's top dog last year for the 24th year after breaking poodles' decades-old record in 2013

What. The only way that could be true would be if the article was written in 2037!

Wait, if America doesn't do spelt versus spelled and so on, how do you differentiate between past perfective and whatnot?

spelt is a grain. ;D

... What's a past perfective? I've forgotten and/or never learned (I've forgotten that too! But I remember english classes were very easy and the same thing every year) what all that shit means because it's all completely irrelevant to reading, writing, and speaking english.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 10:40:34 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 6704 6705 [6706] 6707 6708 ... 11040