Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6678 6679 [6680] 6681 6682 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14436706 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #100185 on: April 07, 2016, 12:43:28 am »

Weaabotaku
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100186 on: April 07, 2016, 12:43:45 am »

That's interesting, otaku is mostly used in Spanish countries.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100187 on: April 07, 2016, 12:56:22 am »

jesus christ i complain about being bad and/or unclean at guitar but as it turns out it's because i don't practice enough

here's a bit i practiced for

...and here's me, literally 10 seconds ago, trying to play it again, without re-recording it a million times like I did above.

Hey, look, muscle memory. Who knew.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100188 on: April 07, 2016, 04:58:30 am »

As a musician: Practice makes better.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100189 on: April 07, 2016, 07:44:47 am »

Welp. My laptop, he ded, slain in the year 2016 by a cup of tea. And I have a project to hand in on Tuesday, all the data for which is on the hard drive, which is perhaps not ded... Still, those are some unexpected expenses, god damn.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100190 on: April 07, 2016, 07:53:50 am »

I'd make some form of humorous comment about the dangers of tea, but I'm sadly not in the right frame of mind for jokes.

Sorry about your laptop! That sucks. At least he didn't suffer as much as my previous laptop did.
Hopefully you can get a replacement soon.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #100191 on: April 07, 2016, 08:15:31 am »

Welp. My laptop, he ded, slain in the year 2016 by a cup of tea. And I have a project to hand in on Tuesday, all the data for which is on the hard drive, which is perhaps not ded... Still, those are some unexpected expenses, god damn.
You can mostly...revitalize(?) your laptop with the help of repair professionals if nothing serious happened--thus saving the harddrive and all the oodles of data stored in it. (Maybe scrap for parts and salvage or make your own laptop? Those things I hear can be done) :D
* Tiruin joins you in mourning for your laptop :< Sorry for that.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100192 on: April 07, 2016, 09:45:17 am »

Incidentally my phone died today.
http://www.myphone.pl/en/produkty/smartphones/
it survived one and a half year.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100193 on: April 07, 2016, 11:02:49 am »

Thank y'all for your kind words. He was like a brother to me :'(
Incidentally, I do have a half-ruined desktop PC, so I took a gamble by assuming that only the PSU in it is dead... So I ordered a new PSU, hopefully I can get it running, then I can hook the laptop HDD up to it, and the whole venture will then only set me back by about $30.

... Realistically, the chances of that happening are not so high.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100194 on: April 07, 2016, 11:42:29 am »

I am wondering...

Is it physically possible to live or speak naturally without "cultural appropriation"?

As in you cannot use, listen, speak, or eat anything that doesn't come from your country of origin.
Probably not? Especially if you're American.
Chinatown, exclusively live and work there.  Have friends/family who can speak/read/write engrish for you.  You've got it made.

... Alright, fine, you might have to listen to people speaking other languages, but you don't need to understand them. Technically, many everyday items come from China.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:47:18 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #100196 on: April 07, 2016, 12:03:03 pm »

Jerusalem no
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"so, I made this map of Eurasia and Africa..."

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #100197 on: April 07, 2016, 02:28:31 pm »

Microsoft is ramping up their Windows 10 conversion efforts. Now they are trying to get me to agree to an automatically schedule upgrade. The ok button is big and obvious but the "do not schedule" option is a tiny little itty-bitty hyperlink-esque option in a bottom corner of the prompt window.

If my computer one day just magically upgrades to windows 10 then I'm switching to linux out of spite.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100198 on: April 07, 2016, 02:45:03 pm »

Microsoft is ramping up their Windows 10 conversion efforts. Now they are trying to get me to agree to an automatically schedule upgrade. The ok button is big and obvious but the "do not schedule" option is a tiny little itty-bitty hyperlink-esque option in a bottom corner of the prompt window.

If my computer one day just magically upgrades to windows 10 then I'm switching to linux out of spite.

Just do this

Here's what you do to get rid of the Win 10 prompt permanently.

Make a reg file and use the code from here.
http://pastebin.com/hs90jeMC

Then open up windows update find and delete patch KB3035583.

Win 10 intercoursed off after i did that.

It worked for me like a charm and Win 10 intercoursed off permanently.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100199 on: April 07, 2016, 03:40:35 pm »

It's been interesting to see MS's narrative on Win10 Upgrades change over time:
  • First, it was a limited time offer. "Don't miss out! Upgrade for Free for a Limited Time!"
  • Then, it was bargaining. "Why not upgrade for free still? Here's all these reasons! Also we're discontinuing support of the old OS a few years early whoops."
  • Now, it's turned to aggression. "Hey guess what, I'm just going to upgrade you unless you tell me explicitly not to. Oh, and I'm gonna make it hard to say that too."
I thought it was suspicious it was free in the first place. Now, I understand MS has a fair bit to gain, given that they're collecting and selling information the way social media does, but across the entire the OS itself. The info it collects is apparently worth more per person than the entire development of the OS, the advertising campaigns, and the PR hit they've taken for all the coercion to upgrade.

I know that I don't run a large multinational business, but maybe you guys could make a good product that doesn't make people feel vulnerable and exploited, and is an improvement over the last generation. Maybe then people would seek out the upgrade on their own, and would even be willing to pay for it!
Pages: 1 ... 6678 6679 [6680] 6681 6682 ... 11040