Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6672 6673 [6674] 6675 6676 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441113 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #100095 on: April 05, 2016, 08:06:36 pm »

Excuse me for sharing my opinion.

yeah okay i'll stop pretending to be angry right now

the opinion is that death is good though, like, there's no real way around that... it's not a good sentiment to have

It was more the opinion that living forever would be shite, but I'm a depressive so I might be biased in that respect :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100096 on: April 05, 2016, 08:10:07 pm »

It was more the opinion that living forever would be shite

okay

not living forever = dying eventually

not living forever = good

dying eventually = good

there's an implication there that dying is good

see even when i'm depressive this still makes zero sense to me

have you asked anyone who's lived forever? have you seen a particularly bored lobster lying around and decided you didn't want to be that?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100097 on: April 05, 2016, 08:14:04 pm »

It was more the opinion that living forever would be shite

see even when i'm depressive this still makes zero sense to me

have you asked anyone who's lived forever? have you seen a particularly bored lobster lying around and decided you didn't want to be that?

Well we'll agree to disagree then, since this argument will go nowhere good.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100098 on: April 05, 2016, 08:15:14 pm »

Correction: Living forever in the same environment would be shite.

But I don't know, if the workforce suddenly became immortal, that means that they get time to themselves after having to work for the sake of others for so long.

But the thing is, the main thing that causes depression is more like lack of power in the individual rather than a flaw with the world.

Ennui, on the other hand, would be an issue. But this is humanity we're talking about. We'll come up with something.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100099 on: April 05, 2016, 08:16:39 pm »

Are we talking effective immortality, as in infinite lifespan, or complete immortality, as in "lol let's drink bleach and record it to see everyone's reaction"?
Black lives matter.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100100 on: April 05, 2016, 08:17:02 pm »

Life>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>death IMO

There's loads of stuff to do on Earth, and even more every day as science progresses along. I would love to hang around for the millennia on from, even if it's just to see what happens.

Guys... what the heck happened to Solifuge? They've removed their avatar and redacted their last 10 posts...
Dunno, I never heard anything. Hopefully he's doing okay, wherever that may be.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100101 on: April 05, 2016, 08:17:59 pm »

"Hi lobster in a glass tank in a grocery store, are you bored? Yeah? Well, don't worry, I'm sure someone will come along soon to take you home, boil you, crack your shell, and eat your tasty flesh. By the way, how do you like immortality?"
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100102 on: April 05, 2016, 08:23:20 pm »

If they didn't want to be eaten they shouldn't have been so delicious
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100103 on: April 05, 2016, 08:23:51 pm »

If they didn't want to be eaten they shouldn't have been so delicious

Lobster isn't very nice. Crab, on the other hand...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #100104 on: April 05, 2016, 08:29:13 pm »

Life>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>death IMO

There's loads of stuff to do on Earth, and even more every day as science progresses along. I would love to hang around for the millennia on from, even if it's just to see what happens.

Guys... what the heck happened to Solifuge? They've removed their avatar and redacted their last 10 posts...
Dunno, I never heard anything. Hopefully he's doing okay, wherever that may be.

This precisely. You could live for hundreds of years of pure fully-funded free time and still have new things to do.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100105 on: April 05, 2016, 08:30:50 pm »

"Hi lobster in a glass tank in a grocery store, are you bored? Yeah? Well, don't worry, I'm sure someone will come along soon to take you home, boil you, crack your shell, and eat your tasty flesh. By the way, how do you like immortality?"

Lobsters don't know fine art.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100106 on: April 05, 2016, 08:31:34 pm »

How do you know? Have you asked one?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #100107 on: April 05, 2016, 08:33:34 pm »

Yes. It didn't answer. I assume it was because it was incapable of comprehending the concept of art. Thus, it doesn't know fine art.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100108 on: April 05, 2016, 08:37:58 pm »

Yes. It didn't answer. I assume it was because it was incapable of comprehending the concept of art. Thus, it doesn't know fine art.
Plus I showed one paintings and it didn't get more tasty.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100109 on: April 05, 2016, 08:42:50 pm »

Assume = Ass, u, me :P

Perhaps their concept of fine art is so refined they don't want to interact with us, those of the barbaric practices?

Pages: 1 ... 6672 6673 [6674] 6675 6676 ... 11040